NATION

PASSWORD

ISSUE IDEA: Leader's Idol Hands

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

ISSUE IDEA: Leader's Idol Hands

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:26 am

[title] @@LEADER’s@@ Idol Hands

[validity] must worship @@LEADER@@ as God

[desc] After a massive earthquake struck Northern @@NAME@@, causing hundreds of deaths, thousands of hospitalisations and countless of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ in damage, people are starting to question your divinity

[option] "It's all over!" panics @@RANDOMNAME@@, your minister of keeping calm and level headedness "It's all over! We have to come clean. We're not gods! We have to come clean! It's all over! It's all over! We have to come clean!"
[effect] @@LEADER@@ is no longer worshiped as God

[option] "Let's keep calm!" suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@, your minister of panicking and freaking out. "Why don't just pretend that it was Divine Accident and lie about the number of causalities. Yes, that should do it?"
[effect] people are forced to inform their loved ones that their homes weren't destroyed in natural disasters

[option] "Wasn’t there a protest there last week?" asks your minister of propaganda? "Just blame it on the protestors angering you!"
[effect] people who look at @@LEADER@@ the wrong way are 50x more likely to be Astraphobic than the general population
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 04, 2022 2:06 am

bump
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013

Postby Electrum » Wed May 04, 2022 6:54 am

Aussie, you've got 18 written issues under your belt -- you should know better. Don't expect others to put in the effort to provide feedback if you haven't put in the effort with this draft. It's an interesting idea but it's extremely barebones.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Wed May 04, 2022 9:41 am

If hearing about natural disasters that God didn't stop caused people to doubt their religious faith, everyone in the world would be an atheist by now.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed May 04, 2022 6:32 pm

Trotterdam wrote:If hearing about natural disasters that God didn't stop caused people to doubt their religious faith, everyone in the world would be an atheist by now.

Not how the problem of evil works

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu May 05, 2022 3:13 am

Why do I like this draft so much?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Return to Got Issues?