NATION

PASSWORD

[Abandoned]Naked Aggression

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

[Abandoned]Naked Aggression

Postby Luna Amore » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:30 pm

Idea came about from this niche problem in the issue base.

First draft:
[title] Naked Aggression

[desc] "A recent conference of Sveltlandian delegates ended their visit to @@NAME@@ early. When pressed, they said they felt uncomfortable and thoroughly 'creeped out' with the near constant encouragement to strip nude by every government official. While nudity is not mandatory in @@NAME@@, some worry that its overly obsessive encouragement is weirding visitors out."

[validity] nations stuck in the bizarro land between compulsory nudity and freedom to be nudity without government encouragement

[author] luna_amore

[option] "It's off-putting and completely unacceptable at this point," scolds your assistant's assistant, @@RANDOMNAME@@, "Did you see the delegate's faces? We'll be lucky if we can host any future foreign dignitaries with ludicrous policies like this. Listen, nudity is fine. Who doesn't like nudity? But do we really have to encourage it? Can't we just, y'know, let people decide for themselves?"
[effect] politicians won't wear skin colored garments for fear of being accused of 'promoting nudity'

[choice] "Absolutely it was unacceptable!" begins a stark-raving nudist before deceptively changing tack, "Unacceptable that we couldn't just up and demand those prude delegates disrobe. Our glorious country is the beacon of bodily liberation in @@REGION@@. It's downright offensive that they were allowed to shirk our customs. We must make nudity mandatory for the sake of our country's culture."
[effect] custom's agents demand you leave you drawers at the door

[choice] "Of course it was unacceptable!" begins noted prude, @@RANDOMNAME@@, as you start to notice the pattern, "Unacceptable to allow - let alone encourage - this kind of personal depravity. It's disgraceful that we allow this kind of degeneracy in our nation at all! Just say no to nudity!"
[effect] shower shorts sales are on the rise
Last edited by Luna Amore on Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:01 am

In a nation with widespread but not mandatory nudism, I think foreign delegates would be more upset over having to see your delegates naked than about being pressured to strip themselves. Presumably our government has other important things to talk about than what clothes you're wearing.

Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 08, 2019
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Jim the Baptist » Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:44 am

In a nation that encourages nudity, I understand how that might lead to encouraging our own citizens to show some skin, but it seems a bit unrealistic that we would be pressuring foreign delegates to take off their clothes, especially since we must be aware that nudity is not part of their culture. Encouraging non-nudist foreign delegates to don their birthday suits would be a pretty clumsy and crude way of managing diplomacy with other countries.
Plus as Trotterdam said, the delegates would likely find it more confronting as they entered a room full of nude dignitaries well before they are asked to get nude themselves.
Also delegate's in option 1 should be delegates'.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:08 am

I'd like to mention this issue comes very close to overlapping an existing issue, #1094: A Political Cover-Up.

Funny enough, for that issue, the author originally wrote it so there'd be a variant to option 3 for nations without compulsory nudism, asking you to make everyone wear clothes. I don't know why it was cut (unless it was for technical reasons), and from what I recall, the author said they'd be perfectly fine with anyone coming in at any time and editing any of their works for any suitable or, as in this case, unsuited purpose whatsoever. :)

That as a very tangentially if at all related aside, while I applaud the effort, I agree that this probably won't end up working as its own issue as-is. I'm sure there'll be something else that could be done. ;)

Edit: I forgot NS counted your edits. It's been a long week ok
Last edited by Jutsa on Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:17 am

Jutsa wrote:I'd like to mention this issue comes very close to overlapping an existing issue, #1094: A Political Cover-Up.

Funny enough, for that issue, the author originally wrote it so there'd be a variant to option 3 for nations without compulsory nudism, asking you to make everyone wear clothes. I don't know why it was cut (unless it was for technical reasons), and from what I recall, the author said they'd be perfectly fine with anyone coming in at any time and editing any of their works for any suitable or, as in this case, unsuited purpose whatsoever. :)

That as a very tangentially if at all related aside, while I applaud the effort, I agree that this probably won't end up working as its own issue as-is. I'm sure there'll be something else that could be done. ;)

Edit: I forgot NS counted your edits. It's been a long week ok

Oh yeah, that’s way too close. Not sure how I missed that one. We’ll take a look at modifying that one as needed.

Return to Got Issues?