NATION

PASSWORD

Issues regarding agriculture

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Northeral
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 07, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Issues regarding agriculture

Postby Northeral » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:35 am

I'm not sure if this is the most appropriate place to ask this but anyway, my agriculture has got destroyed on both cases. During the first it gave me an issue later and I managed to bring it up again, but a week ago I answered an issue and said something about protecting the national animal and it went below zero.

Since then I'm trying to make it go up again and started using this page: http://www.mwq.dds.nl/ns/results/ but even if I pick answers that give massive growth in agriculture to others mine doesn't move at all. I've noticed that there are and other stats that have stopped being affected in general and that some nations don't get some issues if it doesn't fit their type.

So because originally when I started this nation I wanted economy to be mostly based on agriculture is there a chance that I will manage to revive it somehow or I have completely lost my chance?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:52 am

Once a score goes negative, it can take some effort to fix it, because you need to get it back up to zero before you can increase it beyond zero. (This represents your people being so bad at agriculture that they need to do a bunch of work just to figure out how to get started, before they can produce any useful results.) The displayed scores can be misleading in this case, because negative scores look much smaller in absolute value than positive scores (yours is "only" -3), but this is a quirk of how the World Census measures things, and those few points still represent a lot of effort.

It may help if you can figure out what you did to harm your agriculture. Many scores are controlled by multiple factors behind the scenes, so fixing the actual problem may be more effective than "generic" pro-agriculture choices. Or not. It's hard to say, and the generic pro-agriculture choices should still have an effect, eventually.

Also note that the built-in issue results page doesn't show changes smaller than 0.05%.

Northeral
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 07, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Northeral » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:26 am

Trotterdam wrote:Once a score goes negative, it can take some effort to fix it, because you need to get it back up to zero before you can increase it beyond zero. (This represents your people being so bad at agriculture that they need to do a bunch of work just to figure out how to get started, before they can produce any useful results.) The displayed scores can be misleading in this case, because negative scores look much smaller in absolute value than positive scores (yours is "only" -3), but this is a quirk of how the World Census measures things, and those few points still represent a lot of effort.

It may help if you can figure out what you did to harm your agriculture. Many scores are controlled by multiple factors behind the scenes, so fixing the actual problem may be more effective than "generic" pro-agriculture choices. Or not. It's hard to say, and the generic pro-agriculture choices should still have an effect, eventually.

Also note that the built-in issue results page doesn't show changes smaller than 0.05%.

I see, thanks a lot! I am just worried because it doesn't move at all it neither goes up nor down (and some other stats as well) and it just seems strange to me.

Republic of La Boca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Republic of La Boca » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:30 am

Hi, regarding the situation on Agriculture, can someone help me with incresing agriculture with the issue "A family affair"?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:30 pm

Trotterdam wrote:Also note that the built-in issue results page doesn't show changes smaller than 0.05%.

That's been changed slightly.
[violet] wrote:This is now implemented, and you should see stat changes when they are more than 0.05% of the standard deviation for that census scale, too, even if that's less than 0.05% of your nation's score.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Return to Got Issues?