NATION

PASSWORD

2021, updated easter egg issues guide

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Fri May 19, 2023 8:23 am

Lauderdalle wrote:
Fauzjhia wrote:Nations can trigger at least 10 Easters with the following settings
Pre-Title : Pink Holy Lucky Christmas
Motto : Moon, Friendship, NationStates, Brains
Currency: Candy Cane Gold Bar
Animal : Bat
Leader : Santa Claus
Religion : Athyism
City : Yggdrassil

does this only work in december or any time?

This is a general settings for easter egg
you can only receive 471: Red Sleigh Down, during december. and 375: Keep Your Hands Off Those Lucky Charms! will only come during March
you can easily qualify for no to E by removing E from settings, so once you found 408: Pony Peril and 266: Breaching the Great Fourth Wall of @@NAME@@.

I have more info 1549: Easter Egg: 20 Years A-Workin
the egg is not related to any costum settings,
this nation : https://www.nationstates.net/nation=jazfhelh just found it.
it has a default pre-title, default leader.
motto : Moon, Friendship, NationStates, Brains
currency : gold bar
animal : bat
no religion, since it had less then 1 billion population.

I'm start to suspect that the 20 years page/issues answering/other easter egg might be qualifier for this one.
that or it share other easter egg qualifications.

Western Gremoria wrote:
Fauzjhia wrote:
issue egg
#430: Please, Sir, We Want Some More Issues [Eta Carinae; ed: Luna Amore]
Full Issue Text

Answer more than 300 issues, in no throttle mode and at least 1 Easter Egg. 408, 266 and 80 can all be received early.

Is it possible that there is also a condition connected to other stuff? Like the number of dispatches/factbooks? Just thinking of it because... last week i have received a banner for 500 issues = by far more than 300. All the time i am in No Throttle mode, i never had anything else. Also found the first egg at least half a year ago. But have not received issue 430. Till today... after i have created some new dispatches which lead to receiving 2 banners (dispatch other than factbook and creating 5 dispatches/factbooks). And this is the very first issue i have received right after the 5 hours counter ended..

this is random coincidence,
I also have new nation that dispite answering issues non-stop, did not receive this easter egg yet . It can take time.
Last edited by Esternial on Mon May 22, 2023 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Terminate yer spoiler tags
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:23 am

A puppet of mine has had the correct custom fields for #80 for ages, but could never unlock it because its Pizza Delivery industry was negative. Then, the instant I finally managed to get the industry to go from negative to (barely) positive, I got #80 as my very next issue. I'd say that supports a cutoff at zero!

Western Gremoria
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Western Gremoria » Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:12 am

Fauzjhia wrote:You can verify two eggs, which 80 and 223, thanks to the banner they unlock
The Future is Near (only unlock by accepting the aliens trade deal)
Infected (is unlocked by solving 223.)
so if you don't have these banners, you do not have these easter eggs.

This statement is not exactly true when it comes to issue 223 and banner Infected.
I already have had that banner for a really long time BUT the issue itself appeared for me 3 days ago... that means there is another condition to receive banner Infected. Honestly i cannot remember when i got it, can only guess it was after one of the Zdays when i picked Embrace zombies, instead of killing or curing them.

Cain A P-F Dm v1
Civilian

Founded: Jul 28, 2021
Anarchy

Postby Cain A P-F Dm v1 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:25 pm

This nation just got Easter egg #375 despite not (unless I've stupidly overlooked something) having "gold bar" or anything relating to gold or leprechauns or rainbows or Ireland at all in its custom fields.

The nation's issues are answered by a script, which dismissed it (since I didn't think this nation could ever see the egg), so there is no record I can use to prove that I'm not making this up, other than my script's output.

I don't know what to make of this. Surely there must be some other trigger for getting the egg that I stumbled into, but I'm at a loss as to what it could be.

Edit: Could it be due to my Leader being Patty? (More specifically, Permissive Patty.) I know Paddy has Irish connotations, but I'm not familiar with any such use of Patty.
Last edited by Cain A P-F Dm v1 on Thu Mar 14, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Aradania
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 21, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Aradania » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:57 am

I received Issue 1549, the 20 years easter egg. I have no idea what triggered its appearance. This is the only place I saw it mentioned to I thought I was the only person to have received the issue. Perhaps I can help pin down the criteria.
Last edited by New Aradania on Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
If life's a joke, I'm dying laughing

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:20 am

Cain A P-F Dm v1 wrote:Edit: Could it be due to my Leader being Patty? (More specifically, Permissive Patty.) I know Paddy has Irish connotations, but I'm not familiar with any such use of Patty.
It's short for Patrick. As in, Saint Patrick's Day.

New Aradania wrote:I received Issue 1549, the 20 years easter egg. I have no idea what triggered its appearance. This is the only place I saw it mentioned to I thought I was the only person to have received the issue. Perhaps I can help pin down the criteria.
The only interesting thing I see in your custom fields is that you have "nation states" (with a space, so not EXACTLY the name of the game) in your motto.

Fauzjhia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Fauzjhia » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:28 pm

Cain A P-F Dm v1 wrote:This nation just got Easter egg #375 despite not (unless I've stupidly overlooked something) having "gold bar" or anything relating to gold or leprechauns or rainbows or Ireland at all in its custom fields.

The nation's issues are answered by a script, which dismissed it (since I didn't think this nation could ever see the egg), so there is no record I can use to prove that I'm not making this up, other than my script's output.

I don't know what to make of this. Surely there must be some other trigger for getting the egg that I stumbled into, but I'm at a loss as to what it could be.

Edit: Could it be due to my Leader being Patty? (More specifically, Permissive Patty.) I know Paddy has Irish connotations, but I'm not familiar with any such use of Patty.

this is very possible.

Western Gremoria wrote:
Fauzjhia wrote:You can verify two eggs, which 80 and 223, thanks to the banner they unlock
The Future is Near (only unlock by accepting the aliens trade deal)
Infected (is unlocked by solving 223.)
so if you don't have these banners, you do not have these easter eggs.

This statement is not exactly true when it comes to issue 223 and banner Infected.
I already have had that banner for a really long time BUT the issue itself appeared for me 3 days ago... that means there is another condition to receive banner Infected. Honestly i cannot remember when i got it, can only guess it was after one of the Zdays when i picked Embrace zombies, instead of killing or curing them.

the banner will unlock upon answer the easter egg, if you do not have it, you never answered the easter.
Although, yes, having it does not mean you got the easter egg.

Also, it seem this easter egg came come multiples times.
Last edited by Fauzjhia on Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warning Political position : Far-Left, self-identify as liberal-communist. also as Feminist, atheist, ecologist and nationalist.
Support : non-corrupt state, human rights, women rights, wild life protection, banning fossil fuel, cooperatives, journalists, Radio-Canada, Télé-Quebec, public media, public service, nationalization, freedom and right to be informed, Quebec's Independence, Protection of the French Language, Immigration right and integration.
really dislike conservatism

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?