NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Crustaceans Aren't What They're Cracked Up To Be?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Lumio Magika
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Crustaceans Aren't What They're Cracked Up To Be?

Postby Lumio Magika » Wed May 05, 2021 12:07 pm

The Talking Point-

While attending the grand opening of a high-end crustacean-based restaurant in downtown @@CAPITAL@@, you are greeted by a slew of tastes, smells, and a horde of angry environmentalists.

[Validity:] Invalid for nations without private industry, unsure of the rest.

[Option One]: “This has gone on for too long!” screams protest rallier and crustacean enthusiast @@RANDOMNAME@@, wildly swinging a plastic crab leg like a scepter. “The population of our crabby friends in @@NAME@@ is plummeting, all because of fancy-schmancy restaurants like these and their fleets of fishing boats! Do our crustaceans a favor, and tell these crab-obsessed nuts to scuttle off!”

[Fallout One]: @@NAME@@’s ocean floor is notorious for its vast deposits of unused crabbing hardware.

[Option Two]: “ Is that really necessary?” mumbles sailor @@RANDOMNAME@@, behind a mouthful of shrimp. “@@DEMONYM@@ crustaceans have survived for millennia, in some form or another. How will a little bit of fishing harm them? If anything, we need more fishing, not less! These shrimp are so delicious!” Anything else @@HE@@ says is interrupted as a towering platter of crab legs is placed before @@HIM@@.

[Fallout Two]: Serving size is a foreign concept in @@DEMONYM@@ seafood restaurants.

[Option Three]: “What we need,” comments your secretary as he steals a prawn from your plate. “ Is more government regulations on fishing. We shorten the legal fishing season and place heavy restrictions on the size and load capacity of fishing boats, and our delicious crabby delights will be safer than ever. Win-win!”

[Option Three Fallout]: The Krill Canoe is the largest fishing boat in @@NATION@@.
Last edited by Lumio Magika on Wed May 05, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Literary Minds's resident therapist-to-be. In my opinion, there's no greater feeling than the happiness you get when you help someone in need. I live my life for the sake of my friends and the people around the world that need my help.

Lumio out-of-context:
Lumio Magika wrote:Burn them with holy fire until nothing but ashes remain!
I don't use NS stats! Adunatum sub Lumina!

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Thu May 06, 2021 1:09 am

While you approach the subject from the angle of crustaceans, the core of the issue comes down to overfishing, which we already have an issue for, namely #591 "Bait and Switch". I don't think the switch to crustaceans is enough to distinguish the issue draft from overfishing salmon.

Could you perhaps think of a different issue or dilemma about the consumption of crustaceans? Something that is also tied to overfishing, but approaches the subject from a different angle that would distinguish itself more from existing issues like #591?
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Return to Got Issues?