NATION

PASSWORD

(DRAFT) A Fisherman's Paradise

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Traden
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

(DRAFT) A Fisherman's Paradise

Postby Traden » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:03 am

[description]
After a group of fishermen realized the humongous amount of valuable fish in Lake @@NAME@@, certain marine biologists have been protesting about protecting life in the commended body of water.

[validaty]
Invalid for nations who banned fishing. Also invalid for nations who have eliminated all sea life in their waters.

[the debate]

[solution 1]
"You do not understand the importance of marine life," says @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@, marine biologist of the @@CAPITAL@@ Water Club. "In order to preserve it, I say we ban fishing. Sure, there will be some angry fishing fanatics, but do they have their lives at stake here?"

[aftermath]
Fishermen often fly to a foreign country just to catch some salmon.

[validaty]
Valid for all nations.

[solution 2]
"Hey, fishing was a favorite for a long!" says @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, head of the National Fishing Association. "I have a right to fish wherever and whenever I want! Make fishing legal in all bodies of water, whether it be a lake or an ocean!" He then makes a gesture with his hands, as if he was reeling a fishing rod.

[aftermath]
When buying a new home, people tend to often avoid houses with pools.

[validaty]
Valid for all nations.

[solution 3]
"Tea party's over, ladies!" says gym teacher @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@. "It's more than those darn strings! Lets apply it to our own darn lives! I say we ban all sorts of dart guns! And don't forget the pool noodles! " After that, he turns to your advisor and tells him to do pushups until he pukes.

[aftermath]
Even plastic knifes used to eat a meal are technically "weapons".

[validaty]
Invalid for nations who banned weapons.

(Also, please help me. This is my first issue draft ever.)
Last edited by Traden on Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Current Member of SPSF (Tidal Force)

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:19 pm

I'm not quite getting the premise of the issue? Are there too many or too few fish in the lake? The phrase "realized the crowded amount of fish in Lake @@NAME@@," doesn't make too much sense. In any case, I can spot a few overlaps with the issue base already.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Traden
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Traden » Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 am

Electrum wrote:I'm not quite getting the premise of the issue? Are there too many or too few fish in the lake? The phrase "realized the crowded amount of fish in Lake @@NAME@@," doesn't make too much sense. In any case, I can spot a few overlaps with the issue base already.

Fixed.
Current Member of SPSF (Tidal Force)

Lumio Magika
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lumio Magika » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:16 am

To rephrase what Electrum said at the end of their statement, this draft overlaps with several existing issues in some way. This isn't a death knell, of course- you just need to write it to be more unique, centered around a problem never seen before.

I would advise using this, and searching for any similar issues.
Last edited by Lumio Magika on Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Literary Minds's resident therapist-to-be. In my opinion, there's no greater feeling than the happiness you get when you help someone in need. I live my life for the sake of my friends and the people around the world that need my help.

Lumio out-of-context:
Lumio Magika wrote:Burn them with holy fire until nothing but ashes remain!
I don't use NS stats! Adunatum sub Lumina!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:10 pm

Why would preventing fishing In one specific lake be the concern of leader directly? Lots of governments ban fishing in lots of bodies of water, which is under the sole discretion of the department of fisheries and has nothing to do with leader. Why is this specific lake the specific concern of the leader?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Got Issues?