NATION

PASSWORD

[SCRAPPED] The Big Cheat

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

[SCRAPPED] The Big Cheat

Postby Drew Durrnil » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:54 am

Title not final.
[title]The Big Cheat
[description]Larry Sonds, a famous baseball player in the @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ baseball league, has been found to be using steroids. People in various positions around the baseball league have gathered at your desk to seek an answer,
[validity]Must not have answered #45.1 and/or must not have the "no sports" policy

[option]"These cheaters ruin the spirit of the game!" exclaims @@RANDOMNAME@@, the league's commissioner. "We must carefully examine and test every player for drugs in their system, and if they have even a trace of those drugs, they will and need to be expelled from the league!"
[effect]energy drinks are now considered a Performance Enhancing Drug

[option]"Hey, I didn't know that there was steroids in me at that time." replies Larry Sonds, the steroid-using player. "An athletic trainer gave me what he misleadingly said was a 'nutritional supplement', which makes it his fault that I'm in this position. You should punish my athletic trainer instead of me. In fact, I know about a dozen other players that knowingly use steroids, and I'm not one of them."
[effect]athletic trainers frequently get suspended and replaced multiple times a year for innocuous actions

[option]"You guys are idiotic, here's the true way to solve this problem." says your no-nonsense second cousin, as he barges through your office door. "How about we ban sports entirely? That'll solve everything in a quick and easy manner! Athletes don't even need their salary anyways, and people can definitely live without sports."
[effect]many no longer look forward to sundays
[policy]Adds the "no sports" policy
Last edited by Drew Durrnil on Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:07 am

Doesn't the premise of this issue come awfully close to #493: Suspicious Superhuman Athletes? Both are about sporters taking doping to perform better.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:13 am

Daarwyrth wrote:Doesn't the premise of this issue come awfully close to #493: Suspicious Superhuman Athletes? Both are about sporters taking doping to perform better.

oh wait yes
scrapped
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Return to Got Issues?