NATION

PASSWORD

Draft 5: Curse or treasure ?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Sunhizria
Attaché

Founded: May 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Draft 5: Curse or treasure ?

Postby Sunhizria » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:10 am

[TITLE] Treasure or pest?
Recently. you have learned that @@NAME@@ is being invaded by the Maxtopian beetles, a species that was not only recognized as the most beautiful bug of the world and one of the most damaging pests for gardeners but also reported to be extinct for 20 years. As your government is trying to figure out how this invasion was possible, multiple gardeners have gathered in front of your office, urging you to take action.

[VALIDITY]
Nation has a strong environment
Nation does not have no immigration policy

[CHOICE 1]
"You must stop this! It's a damn pest!" Cry @@RANDOMNAME1@@, one of the gardeners. "Gardening is an important hobby of @@DENONYM@@, do you even know how many plants we sell, and how many plants our clients cultivate each year. We're an important industry, we make @@NAME@@ beautiful. Look, no one is going to cultivate plants, just to see them eaten by insects. So, we must eradicate those beetles, they threaten to destroy our economy."
[EFFECT 1]
Gardeners recently became the new pillars of society

[CHOICE 2]
When you enter your office, you find a weird girl, searching in your plants. "Yo. I'm the best beetle hunter ever, and I've come all the way from my nameless island in the Maxtopian Sea to find the elusive gold silver orange beetle, the rarest maxtopian beetles, and the most beautiful one. As soon as I heard the beetles were in here, in @@NAME@@, I came running, I'm going to find these cuties, and I will create the cutest collection ever. You don't really want to stop me, right? Who cares about some plants anyway,"
[EFFECT 2]
@@NAME@@ is known as Beetles ground by the other countries

[CHOICE 3]
Just as you enter the washroom to wash your face, in preparation for a meeting with your ministers. You stumble a weird guy, who seems to be drinking a weird green-colored liquid. "You got to take it cool, man. problems are not real. And do you know these beetles are tasty? We can just eat the beetles, you know. You'll see, once I show the world my perfect beetlizza, everyone will love me."
[EFFECT 3]
@@NAME@@'s pizza has been voted the ugliest in the world.

[CHOICE 4]
Your minister of environment, @@RANDOMNAME@@ approach you. "This is the proof that we need more funding to understand what happened and why an invasion of beetles right now. Maybe we imported those insects from a neighboring country that still has them. Maybe they were never extinct in the first place. Maybe it's a mutation. Maybe it is a new species. Or maybe, it's the maxtopian government. What you must do, is to give our ministry the greenlight, to do whatever we need to do, and who cares if we happen to upset the ministries of finance or defence, environment first.
[EFFECT 4]
The ministry of environment is a separate government

Draft 1
[VALIDITY]
nation has good environment

[CHOICE 1]
"We lost billion of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@." Claim @@RANDOMNAME@@, a farmer leading the group that occupy your office. "We can't survive like this, we can't let our liveshood be eaten by those pests. If you want to us to leave your office alone, then just eradicate this pest already."
[EFFECT 1]
@@NAME@@ new policy on insect is "exterminate them all".

[CHOICE 2]
"We can't do this!" Say your ministry of environment @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@. "Look, I know it sound bad, but we'll just have to find way to attract those beetles away from the farms, theses beetles are extinct in their homeland, so if we decide to eradicate them, we could make them extinct for real this time. The farmers will hate it, but theses beetles must be considered to be local insects right now."
[EFFECT 2]
Species that goes extinct, often revive in @@NAME@@.

[CHOICE 3]
A man wearing a shirt labelled "down with Maxtopia" approach you. "You know what?, I got an idea, I say we pack all those beetles and return them to Maxtopia. I think their government lied about the beetles extinction, anyway. Its an easy solution, win for all farmers and all garderner in @@NAME@@, win for the beetles, and DOWN WITH MAXTOPIA."
[EFFECT 3]
The nation diplomats open discussion with apologies.

[CHOICE 4]
After your personal guards has finally managed to push the protestor outside your office, you decided to hear the suggestion of your ministry of defense.
"If I heard correctly, those beetles cause records losses to our farmers, and it will have a serious effect on our economy. If those beetles have that much power, I think it would be a waste to not use them. Why we don't make collect some theirs eggs and use them to weaken our enemies. I think It would be a good idea."
[EFFECT 4]
@@NAME@@, now known as "Beetlesland", is spreading invasive species, around the world.

draft 2
[TITLE] The Phantom Invasion
Today, you learned that @@NAME@@ is being invaded by the maxtopian beetles, a species your ministry of environment has reported as extinct since 5 years. The news has been welcomed by the bug collectors of @@NAME@@, who consider the beetles to be very beautiful, and worthy of their collections, but not by farmers and gardeners who claims the beetles where once one of the leading pests, causing widespread defoliation around the world.

[VALIDITY]
nation has a revival program, picked option 1 or 3 of issue 33
[CHOICE 1]
"Its a disaster!" Claim @@RANDOMNAME@@, representative of the alliance of @@NAME@@ farmers. "When it was active, these beetles causes us more so much damage, we still have nightmares 5 years later. Everything was good when these things were extinct, so just exterminate them already. We don't need them, we never needed them at all."
[EFFECT 1]
@@N

[CHOICE 2]
"No, no, no, no, no, no." Interrupt @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, a girl weilding a "Theses beetles are the best, they comes in all colors, red, blue, white, gray, brown, green, pink, purple, black, purple, orange, yellow, and they are all extremely beautiful. my collection would never be complete without them. You can't exterminate these beauties. i suggest you just use some plant to attract away from farms and we will all be happy."
[EFFECT 2]
@@NAME@@ is a prime bug collector destination.

[CHOICE 3 Validity : issues 33, option 1
Your minister of internal affairs approach you. "You know, I've been thinking, why are these beetles still alive, we reported them as extinct 5 years ago. Maybe your revival specie made a mistake, and accidentally revived an invasive species. If you ask me, this was bound to happen the moment we started playing with nature like that. We got scrap that program."
[EFFECT 3]
Genetic research funding has been stripped off

Draft 3
[TITLE] Curse or treasure ?
Recently. your learned that @@NAME@@ is being invaded by the maxtopian beetles, a species of beetles that was though to be extinct 20 years ago. Thanks to a special by @@NAME@@ News, you learned that beetles were once considered to be the most beautiful insect in the world, as well as on of the worst crop pest at the same time. Meanwhile, Your minister of environment explain that the @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ revival program could be responsible for that event.

[VALIDITY]
nation has a revival program, picked option 1 or 3 of issue 33
[CHOICE 1]
A group of farmer attempt to prevent from reaching your office, but your security move them aside. As they get pushed away, one of the farmers criticize you. "It's all your fault. Because you decided to revive extinct species, you brought back one of the most terrible pest from the abyss. Our crops are going to suffer, we're going to lose billions, we might even suffer a famine. Your revival program is disaster !
[EFFECT 1]
@@NAME@@ genetic research wings are extremely quiet.

[CHOICE 2]
As you enter your office, you find a weird girl, searching for something in your plants. "Ho sorry, to invade without permission so suddenly, but i am on an epic quest, the quest for the extremely rare golden maxtopian beetles and who know where this cuties might hide, it could be anywhere, and I shall find it."
[EFFECT 2]
@@NAME@@ is a prime bug collector destination.

[CHOICE 3]
Your minister of environment approach you. "Obviously we can let the beetles eat our crops, but we can't exterminate them, they are @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ species now, they don't have another home. So, I just suggest we find way to protect our crops from beetles by moving all our agricultural operations in containers.
[EFFECT 3]
@@NAME@@ Gardening coalition spend their weekend burning picture of @@LEADER@@

Draft 4
[TITLE] Blessing or curse ?
Recently. you have learned that @@NAME@@ is being invaded by the Maxtopian beetles, a species, you ministry of environment has reported to be extinct, since 20 years. As your government is trying to figure out how this invasion was possible, multiple gardeners have gathered in front of your office, urging you to take actions.

[VALIDITY]
Nation does not have no immigration policy

[CHOICE 1]
"You must stop this !" Cry @@RANDOMNAME1@@, one of the gardener. "Gardening is an important hobby of @@DENONYM@@, do you even know how many plants we sell and cultivate each years. We're an important industry, and those beetles threaten us. We must eradicate them. No one is going to cultival plants, just to see them eaten by insects."
[EFFECT 1]
If it has 6 legs, it must be shot

[CHOICE 2]
When you enter your office, you find a weird girl, searching in your plants. "Yo. I'm the best beetles hunter ever, and I've come all the way from my nameless island in the Maxtopian Sea to find the elusive gold silver orange beetle, the rarest maxtopian beetles and the most beautiful one. As soon as I heard the beetles where in here, in @@NAME@@, I came running, I'm going to find this cuties, create the cutest collection ever. You don't really want stop us, right ? "
[EFFECT 2]
@@NAME@@ is known as Beetles ground by the other countries

[CHOICE 3]
Just as you enter the washroom to wash your face, in preparation for a meeting with your ministers. You stumble a weird guy, who seem to be drinking a weird green-colored liquid. "There is no problem man, you got to take it cool. You know, we can just eat the beetles, you know, its tasty. You'll see, once I show the world my beetle pizza, everyone will love me."
[EFFECT 3]
It Is @@NAME@@'s pizza are the weirdest.

[CHOICE 4]
Your minister of environment, @@RANDOMNAME@@ approach you. "This is the proof that we need more funding to understand what happened and why an invasion of beetles right now. Maybe we imported those insects from a neighboring country that still have them. Maybe they were never extinct in the first place. Maybe its a mutatation. Maybe its a new species in fact. Or Maybe, its the maxtopian government. so Just give my department more funds.
[EFFECT 4]
The ministry of environment is its own government.
Last edited by Sunhizria on Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Puppet of Fauzjhia
Main activity: got issues.

Current draft :
Draft 1: Treasure or Pest? viewtopic.php?f=13&t=501670

Daarwyrth
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Daarwyrth » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:31 am

Doesn't this issue draft duplicate issue #355 "Alien Invaders" in its subject?
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Government type: Unitary parliamentary semi-constitutional monarchy | Technology level: Post-Modern Tech

Sunhizria
Attaché

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sunhizria » Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:56 am

Daarwyrth wrote:Doesn't this issue draft duplicate issue #355 "Alien Invaders" in its subject?

Well on the idea that an invasive species is attacking you yes.

on the idea that the Invasive species was extinct... not sure.
But the idea I want to write about, is that a species that was though to be extinct, is causing problems. I had other ideas I could go on. One of them was the species being very beautiful and treasured by collectors.
Last edited by Sunhizria on Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Fauzjhia

Current draft :

Daarwyrth
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Daarwyrth » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:51 am

Sunhizria wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:Doesn't this issue draft duplicate issue #355 "Alien Invaders" in its subject?

But the idea I want to write about, is that a species that was though to be extinct, is causing problems. I had other ideas I could go on. One of them was the species being very beautiful and treasured by collectors.

My advice would be to try to work on the latter one (the collectors and beautiful idea), because, from my perspective, the issue draft is too similar to the one I linked earlier.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Government type: Unitary parliamentary semi-constitutional monarchy | Technology level: Post-Modern Tech

Sunhizria
Attaché

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sunhizria » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:58 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Sunhizria wrote:

My advice would be to try to work on the latter one (the collectors and beautiful idea), because, from my perspective, the issue draft is too similar to the one I linked earlier.

I think your right.
Puppet of Fauzjhia

Current draft :

Sunhizria
Attaché

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sunhizria » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:36 pm

ok. new draft, new title

any comment ?
Puppet of Fauzjhia

Current draft :

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Capitalizt

Postby Electrum » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:28 pm

Sorry, but I don't think this draft is viable. Issue 33 is about the feather-bellied @@ANIMAL@@, not the Maxtopian Beetle being revived. Furthermore, issue 1246 is a follow-up to that issue, and that handles most of the points you already have in this draft.
Just a regular G.I. Joe - list of issue ideas

NationStates Tennis Tour President - rankings and season seven schedule

Sunhizria
Attaché

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sunhizria » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:06 am

Well. new draft.

Electrum wrote:Sorry, but I don't think this draft is viable. Issue 33 is about the feather-bellied @@ANIMAL@@, not the Maxtopian Beetle being revived. Furthermore, issue 1246 is a follow-up to that issue, and that handles most of the points you already have in this draft.

thanks for the comment, I removed that point.
Last edited by Sunhizria on Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puppet of Fauzjhia

Current draft :

Sunhizria
Attaché

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sunhizria » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:18 pm

bump.

I made some corrections on that draft.
Puppet of Fauzjhia