NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Come to Your Senses

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Seanat
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 09, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

[SUBMITTED] Come to Your Senses

Postby Seanat » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:38 pm

Requirements: High scientific advancement, capitalism, an army, does not have No Video Games policy.

Issue: @@RANDOMNAME@@ was found dead due to starvation in @@HIS@@ apartment yesterday strapped into the latest virtual reality product by NeuraLink that is able to control sensory input with a copy of "Fred's Pizzeria Simulator" running. Neurologists are beginning to question if the quest for immersive games has gone too far.

Option 1: "Technology of this level is unsafe for people to have!" Explains @@RANDOMNAME@@, Head of Neurology at @@CAPITAL@@ Hospital. "You should ban sensory control technology before someone abuses it!"
Result: Game designers are regularly arrested for making games too realistic.

Option 2: "Now, now, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater!" interjects your Minister of Defence, knocking over his cup of water while gesturing. "Ahem... While you could ban this for public use, this could be incredibly useful for training soldiers for situations that would normally be too expensive or dangerous to train for."
Result: Soldiers have PTSD before going to war.

Option 3: Enon Maus, CEO of NeuraLink, walks up to your desk. "Can you guys stop taking this so seriously? You realize that we're talking about video games here, right? If there's anything to be serious about here, it would be giving NeuraLink some funding to make it more affordable for everyone to be able to play." He winks and hands you a coupon for 5% off NeuraLink products before leaving.
Result: The new game Sword Raid Online enthralls its players.

Option 4: The door still open a crack, a pizza delivery guy bursts into the room. "So somebody died while playing a pizza game? Clearly that means they want pizza, but pausing the game to order is too inconvenient. Mandate it so that if they say 'pizza' it orders a pizza, which I can deliver. As long as you pay me well, of course." He then hands you a pizza and a bill expectantly.
Result: Accidental pizza purchases are the leading cause of debt among gamers.

Option 5: "I've been thinking," says your brother, leaning back in his chair with his legs crossed and on the table. "How about we let the people have their games, but with a little twist? Surely if we can control sensory inputs we could, for example, manipulate their thoughts to be more... co-operative."
Result: Rebels are prescribed mandatory daily gaming sessions.

EDIT: Added option 4.
Last edited by Seanat on Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:16 pm

You failed to mention the benefits of this technology besides the milotary, and how would this even work in the military? What environments don't exist in nation?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Seanat
Bureaucrat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Seanat » Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:35 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:You failed to mention the benefits of this technology besides the milotary, and how would this even work in the military? What environments don't exist in nation?

Are you sure that you read it?

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:30 am

Seanat wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:You failed to mention the benefits of this technology besides the milotary, and how would this even work in the military? What environments don't exist in nation?

Are you sure that you read it?

All I saw was brain washing, military and games
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Seanat
Bureaucrat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Seanat » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:27 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:All I saw was brain washing, military and games

Is it really necessary to include more than three uses?

Wormfodder Delivery
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Wormfodder Delivery » Thu Mar 11, 2021 2:31 pm

Personally I miss a Pizza solution after the game he starved in was a pizza simulator.
Kinda feels like a logical conclusion.
Maybe something like "Oh no, someone starved to death, maybe we can help" says a pizza deliveryman.
Result would be "Gamers play less because the automatic pizza deliveries go into their money" or something
NS Stats do not count, unless it is funny.
The Transcripts canonically do not exist and merely serve to make the garbled Wormsspeak readable.
Canon Policies.
Open to RP, send me Telegrams, Pretty much compatible with everything.
Powerlevel of 4,5 according to this classification
Industrial Age Schizotech and Proud
Zero tolerance for godmodders and no effortposters are nearing that too.
The Wormfodder Delivery Service, bringing Wormfodder to you, whereever you are.
I also am currently making a pocket guide on how to have a good time on F7, as well one on (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻.
Ask the many questions us here, though answers aren't guaranteed~
Get the latest, hottest news at WDSNN, the best News source of the next dimension!
It is now safe to keep playing.

The Sakhalinsk Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sakhalinsk Empire » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:00 pm

Wormfodder Delivery wrote:Personally I miss a Pizza solution after the game he starved in was a pizza simulator.
Maybe something like "Oh no, someone starved to death, maybe we can help" says a pizza deliveryman.
Result would be "Gamers play less because the automatic pizza deliveries go into their money" or something

Of course, there would need to be a good Pizza Delivery industry. I think:

"A pizza delivery guy arrives at your office door, somehow passing through security. "So someone died while playing a pizza game? Well, it simply means he was hungry for pizza! I'm very willing to help deliver these beautiful circles of dough to those, uh, 'in need', as long as you pay me better than my manager."

I couldn't think of anything better than "circle of dough". You can also tie in the Everquest II and Pizza Hut deal from days of old, but I don't know much about it hence why I didn't put it in here.
This is my signature. The old one was odd.

Seanat
Bureaucrat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Seanat » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:27 am

The Sakhalinsk Empire wrote:
Wormfodder Delivery wrote:Personally I miss a Pizza solution after the game he starved in was a pizza simulator.

Of course, there would need to be a good Pizza Delivery industry. I think:

"A pizza delivery guy arrives at your office door, somehow passing through security. "So someone died while playing a pizza game? Well, it simply means he was hungry for pizza! I'm very willing to help deliver these beautiful circles of dough to those, uh, 'in need', as long as you pay me better than my manager."

I couldn't think of anything better than "circle of dough". You can also tie in the Everquest II and Pizza Hut deal from days of old, but I don't know much about it hence why I didn't put it in here.

I see, that's a good idea, I will add something along those lines once I am available to do so.

Seanat
Bureaucrat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Seanat » Fri Mar 12, 2021 7:59 am

The Sakhalinsk Empire wrote:Of course, there would need to be a good Pizza Delivery industry. I think:

Here is what I added:

Option 4: The door still open a crack, a pizza delivery guy bursts into the room. "So somebody died while playing a pizza game? Clearly that means they want pizza, but pausing the game to order is too inconvenient. Mandate it so that if they say 'pizza' it orders a pizza, which I can deliver. As long as you pay me well, of course." He then hands you a pizza and a bill expectantly.

What do you think?
Last edited by Seanat on Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Sakhalinsk Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sakhalinsk Empire » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:23 pm

Seanat wrote:
The Sakhalinsk Empire wrote:Of course, there would need to be a good Pizza Delivery industry. I think:

Here is what I added:

What do you think?

Looks amazing to me!

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:04 am

Why was this submitted seemingly based on a single piece of approving feedback from a single person (albeit one who has written three issues)? :P

I would note that NeuraLink (without the capital "L") is the name of an actual Elon Musk venture.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sat Mar 13, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

The Sakhalinsk Empire
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Sakhalinsk Empire » Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:07 am

Tinhampton wrote:Why was this submitted seemingly based on a single piece of approving feedback from a single person (albeit one who has written three issues)? :P

I would note that NeuraLink (without the capital "L") is the name of an actual Elon Musk venture.

Oh my... I have been blessed by Tinhampton... :bow:

But anyways, yeah. I have yet to check the reviewed draft (I've been reading about SCP for the first time :p ), and boom shakalaka it's been submitted.

I'll TG OP and ask him to wait for further suggestions next time before suggesting.

Seanat
Bureaucrat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Seanat » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:37 am

Tinhampton wrote:I would note that NeuraLink (without the capital "L") is the name of an actual Elon Musk venture.

o

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?