NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A Change in Sport?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Istantine
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] A Change in Sport?

Postby Istantine » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:00 am

[description] After @@ANIMAL@@ball ticket sales have hit an all-time low this week, people have been approaching you and have been asking to change some stuff up with the national sport.

[option] "Shouldn't you preserve the culture of our ancestors? The culture that is hundreds years old?" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a coach in @@ANIMAL@@ball. "I don't care if nobody in the world knows about this sport, nor if @@DEMONYNPLURAL@@ don't watch it, we must be unique!"

[outcome]"@@ANIMAL@@ball ticket prices have risen up, but have plateud.(idk)"

[option] "How a-about we l-let the people c-c-choose in a p-popularity contest?" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, one of your oldest advisers who has suffered from speech disorders. "C-c-citizens could c-choose if they w-want a partic-cular sport that they e-e-enjoy. We should e-endorse this c-c-contest and make v-voting in the c-c-contest mandatory. Now e-excuse me, I'm s-s-sleepy."

[outcome]"Football/soccer is the new national sport, winning 95% of votes."

[validity] "Must have private enterprise legal"

[optiona] "How about we get rid of ze @@ANIMAL@@ball and let ze uz, ze private industry, fund ze multitude  zports instead, ze Leader?" softly says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a businessman and former player. "We zhould not only have ze one, nor ze two, but ze everything! How about we let ze private companies fund any ze zport! Sounds ze good idea, right?"

[outcome]"@@DEMONYNPLURAL@@ have been complaining about how much noise pollution is produced in the cities."

[validity] "Must have private enterprise banned."

[optionb] "How about we get rid of ze @@ANIMAL@@ball and let ze us fund other zports instead, ze Leader?" softly says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a businessman and former player. "We zhould not only have ze one, nor ze two, but any zport! How about we let ze us fund any zport! Sounds ze good idea, right?"

[outcome]"@@DEMONYNPLURAL@@ have been complaining about how much noise pollution is produced in the cities."

[option] "Why do we have a national sport anyways, they don't help the country!"
Yells @@RANDOMNAME@@, a retired general. "How about we enforce military service to everyone when they enter adulthood and increase the military budget? That will actually be helpful!"

[outcome]"Children who are seen playing @@ANIMAL@@ball in parks often get laughed at."

[description] After @@ANIMAL@@ball ticket sales have hit an all-time low this week, and atheletes retiring because it was simply "too boring", people have been approaching you and have been asking to change some stuff up with the national sport.

[option] "Shouldn't you preserve the culture of our ancestors? The culture that is hundreds years old?" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a coach in @@ANIMAL@@ball. "I don't care if nobody in the world knows about this sport, nor if @@DEMONYNPLURAL@@ don't watch it, we must be unique!"

[outcome]"@@ANIMAL@@ball ticket prices have risen up, but have plateud.(idk)"

[option] "How a-about we l-let the people c-c-choose in a p-popularity contest?" says @@RANDOMNAME@@, one of your oldest advisers who has suffered from speech disorders. "C-c-citizens could c-choose if they w-want a partic-cular sport that they e-e-enjoy. We should e-endorse this c-c-contest and make v-voting in the c-c-contest mandatory. Now e-excuse me, I'm s-s-sleepy."

[outcome]"Football/soccer is the new national sport, winning 95% of votes."

[validity] "Must have private enterprise legal"

[optiona] "How about we get rid of ze @@ANIMAL@@ball and let ze uz, ze private industry, fund ze multitude  zports instead, ze Leader?" softly says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a businessman and former player. "We zhould not only have ze one, nor ze two, but ze everything! How about we let ze private companies fund any ze zport! Sounds ze good idea, right?"

[validity] "Must have private enterprise banned."

[optionb] "How about we get rid of ze @@ANIMAL@@ball and let ze us fund other zports instead, ze Leader?" softly says @@RANDOMNAME@@, a businessman and former player. "We zhould not only have ze one, nor ze two, but any zport! How about we let ze us fund any zport! Sounds ze good idea, right?"

[option] "Why do we have a national sport anyways, they don't help the country!"
Yells @@RANDOMNAME@@, a retired general. "How about we increase the military budget, and strengthen our armed forces with mandatory military service? That will actually be helpful!"

[outcome]"Children who are seen playing @@ANIMAL@@ball in parks often get laughed at."
Last edited by Istantine on Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

ENvIrM
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby ENvIrM » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:32 am

This is my alt, I forgot to post it to this instead of Istantine. I am bumping my post. Please send any feedback, hateful or not, I'm an amateur in issue writing, so any feedback is highly appreciated.

Istantine
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Istantine » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:13 am

yeah I'm submitting this in envirm

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:33 am

How is a centuries old sport only known by a handful of people? Also, some countries aren't even centuries old. Some New World countries aren't, for example, and I doubt these countries would have had ball sports pre-colonialism
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Got Issues?