NATION

PASSWORD

@@LEADER@@ debut (draft)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Animu Place
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 10, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

@@LEADER@@ debut (draft)

Postby Animu Place » Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:08 pm

this is my first time I have written a issue i have no idea what to do so help would be appreciated.

Validity:People who have banned the internet can't have it

The tv department in your nation has asked you to try and help them with a new tv children's show in your nation with you as the protagonist.

1.”Why not add a theme about friendship we’ll call it @@LEADER@@ neighborhood” says your minister of education,”it could make children know about important concepts and learn that you are the kindest leader in history!”

Effects:Children refer to @@LEADER@@ as “neighbor”.

2.”You gotta make it a action show with explosions don't forget about ammo and guns” shouts the minister of the military “I know that children shouldn't be thinking that shooting guns out of nowhere is awesome but we gotta try it” .

Effects:A child's favorite toy is @@LEADER@@ “gun”.

3.”Since you are our amazing leader why not create this into propaganda so that everyone knows how amazing you are” says your advisor “we can also smack talk on your political enemies too!”
Effects:Children always say @@LEADER@@ is our favorite leader and only leader.

4.”None of this works” sigh’s your secretary ”why not just make tv illegal it would make everyone go outside more”.

Effects:In @@NATION@@ everyone goes outside.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:45 am

This isn’t really an important issue, and where it might be we already have issues on the topic.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:52 pm

I don't think the writing is great, but the premise itself is pretty original and interesting.

Is their any real life precedent for this sort of thing?
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:13 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:I don't think the writing is great, but the premise itself is pretty original and interesting.

Is their any real life precedent for this sort of thing?

Not exactly precedent but the current President of Ukraine played a fictional President of Ukraine in a satirical TV show (but that was before he became President)

Or there’s Gorbachev playing himself in a Pizza Hut ad
Last edited by Honeydewistania on Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:43 am

Would leader have time for such a job? Ruling a country is demanding enough. Also, option 3- it already is propoganda
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Return to Got Issues?