NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] We're Not Clowning Around.

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Zentata
Attaché

Founded: Nov 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

[Draft] We're Not Clowning Around.

Postby Zentata » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:22 am

A short issue idea I came up with.

We're Not Clowning Around

Description: After two movies have come out depicting clowns in a negative light, with one depicting a clown as a malevolent force inside a deranged mind; clowns of @@NAME@@ have come out in force to protest their negative depiction in the Media.

Validity: Protests are Legal, Free Press

Option 1: "Clowns are fun, and this movie is the last straw!", exclaims the head of the Clown Union, Jumpy McBooptheNose. "There's no reason why the media should be portraying clowns like they're evil, but they have been for years! All we want is to live our lives without being compared to crazy murderers in woods. Is that so hard?" He applies some red makeup to his nose before continuing, "In order to right this left, I propose that all media be forced to portray clowns, and other misunderstood workers, in the positive light that they work so hard for."

Effect: all the Jokers are heros in @@NAME@@

Option 2: "Bleh, clowns are disgusting" mutters your grey-suited intern, @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Why don't we just ban them, and they can do something productive instead of... whatever it is that they like to do." @@HE@@ puts up a poster on the wall that says "Ban the Clowns now, let's end the misery already".

Effect: an increasing number of actors are named Clowny

Option 3: "Clowns stole my family" sobs @@RANDOMNAME@@, who is a prominent anti-pie activist. "Clowns have nothing but pure, creamy, hatred for us normal folk." @@HE@@ says, while pinning a badge on your shirt that says Clowns Are Not A Joke. "Not only should you ban clowns, but you should give the media rewards for showing them like the devils in polka-dots they are!" @@HE@@ says, with a creepy smile on @@HIS@@ face.

Effect: being the class clown is now akin to being called a pyschopath
~

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:34 am

Issue 276 already covers people being afraid of clowns.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Zentata
Attaché

Founded: Nov 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Zentata » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:16 am

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:Issue 276 already covers people being afraid of clowns.

Well, I don't think this really has anything to do with fear, rather dislike and negative portrayal. I'll admit the issues are a bit similar, but I don't think they're really the same.
~

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:46 am

Similar enough that I don't think we'd use the issue. Clowns are quite a niche thing, after all.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Return to Got Issues?