NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Deadly Driving

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Deadly Driving

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:12 pm

Deadly Driving

Last month @@NAME@@ came to the attention of @@REGION@@ after a new study revealed more people were dying in wreckless driving accidents in @@NAME@@ than anywhere else in @@REGION@@. As usual a gaggle of concerned citizens and administrators have squeezed into your office to share their ideas.

“At the realization of the alarmingly high automobile related deaths in this nation, my ministry conducted a comprehensive investigation,” rambles your Minister of Transportation, “our investigation found that more than 80% of drivers were uneducated on road safety and automobile operation. We calculated that the easiest to cut down on road accidents - and subsequent deaths - is to enact a strict licensing program, to ensure only people who can drive safely get on the road.”

it’s easier to become a doctor than a taxi driver.

“Well, actually, there is one simpler way” jitters well known mechaniphobe @@RANDOMNAME@@, “we could just ban the c-c-ca- devil machines! those automobiles are too dangerous, we need to get rid of them!”
Your Transportation Minister interrupts, “but how will people get around?”
“They can just... uh... walk! Better than using those evil wagons” a loud car drives by your office and @@RANDONAME@@ scurries away in fear.

cars are a thing of the past.

A scraggly looking citizen comes to you, “y’know @@LEADER@@, I think I have one solution to solve two problems, if you beef up them public buses ‘n trains, less people would have their cars on the road, and as a bonus, those that can’t ‘fford some wheels will also be able to get around easier, it’s a winning winner win of a situation!”

@@NAME@@‘s public transportation system is the envy of @@REGION@@.

Road Rage

Last month @@NAME@@ saw the most automobile deaths ever, part of a recent rise in death on the roads. As usual a gaggle of concerned citizens and administrators have squeezed into your office to share their ideas.

“At the realization of the alarmingly high automobile related deaths in this nation, my ministry conducted a comprehensive investigation,” rambles your Minister of Transportation, “our investigation found that more than 80% of drivers were uneducated on road safety and automobile operation. We calculated that the easiest to cut down on road accidents - and subsequent deaths - is to enact a strict licensing program, to ensure only people who can drive safely get on the road.”

it’s easier to become a doctor than a taxi driver.

“Well, actually, there is one simpler way” jitters well known mechaniphobe @@RANDOMNAME@@, “we could just ban the c-c-ca- devil machines! those automobiles are too dangerous, we need to get rid of them!”
Your Transportation Minister interrupts, “but how will people get around?”
“They can just... uh... walk! Better than using those evil wagons” a loud car drives by your office and @@RANDONAME@@ scurries away in fear.

cars are a thing of the past.

A scraggly looking citizen comes to you, “y’know @@LEADER@@, I think I have one solution to solve two problems, if you beef up them public buses ‘n trains, less people would have their cars on the road, and as a bonus, those that can’t ‘fford some wheels will also be able to get around easier, it’s a winning winner win of a situation!”

@@NAME@@‘s public transportation system is the envy of @@REGION@@.
Last edited by The Unified Missourtama States on Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:06 pm

One month of unusally high death toll os one month and not a permanent problem. Why were incompetent drivers more incompetent this month than last month?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:40 pm

SECOND DRAFT

I’d like to hear why this Should or should Not be an issue, and what can be corrected, if you see something wrong I’d love to know so I can fix (or if necessary, abandon) this writing.

Thanks y’all!
" (W. B. Yeats)

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:11 pm

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:“At the realization of the alarmingly high automobile related deaths in this nation, my ministry conducted a comprehensive investigation,” rambles your Minister of Transportation, “our investigation found that more than 80% of drivers were uneducated on road safety and automobile operation. We calculated that the easiest to cut down on road accidents - and subsequent deaths - is to enact a strict licensing program, to ensure only people who can drive safely get on the road.”
Licensing drivers is already something almost all countries do. What's inadequate about the current licensing standards?

We already have quite a lot of issues about road safety, such as: (ordered by issue number, not degree of similarity to your draft)
#59 (drunk driving)
#100 (road rage from over-congested streets)
#118 / #272 (speed limits)
#142 (danger from shoddy roads rather than drivers)
#290 (danger from poorly-made cars rather than drivers)
#727 (reckless driving in general)
#826 (excessive bureaucracy in driving license tests)
#1127 (expiration of driving licenses)
#1189 (distracted driving)
#1228 (corruption in driving license tests)
And that's passing over a number of more fringe issues passingly related to driving.

You're going to need a more specific premise to stand out among those.
Last edited by Trotterdam on Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:47 am

Trotterdam wrote:Licensing drivers is already something almost all countries do. What's inadequate about the current licensing standards?

We already have quite a lot of issues about road safety,

You're going to need a more specific premise to stand out among those.

Thank you! I’ll take a look over that list, and decide.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:22 am

Red will be edits.
[title] Deadly Driving

[description] Last month @@NAME@@ came to the attention of @@REGION@@ after a new study revealed more people were dying in wreckless driving accidents in @@NAME@@ than anywhere else in @@REGION@@. As usual, a gaggle of concerned citizens and administrators have squeezed into your office to share their ideas. Last sentence is redundant.

[option] “At the realization of the alarmingly high automobile related deaths in this nation, my ministry conducted a comprehensive investigation,” rambles your Minister of Transportation.Our investigation found that more than 80% of drivers were uneducated on road safety and automobile operation. We calculated that the easiest to cut down on road accidents - and subsequent deaths - is to enact a strict licensing program, to ensure only people who can drive safely get on the road.”

[effect] it’s easier to become a doctor than a taxi driver

[option] “Well, actually, there is one simpler way” jitters well-known mechaniphobe @@RANDOMNAME_1@@, “we could just ban the c-c-ca- devil machines! those automobiles are too dangerous, we need to get rid of them! People can just... uh... walk! Better than using those evil wagons.” A loud car drives by your office and @@RANDOMNAME_1@@ scurries away in fear.

[effect] cars are a thing of the past

[option] A scraggly looking citizen comes to you.Y’know @@LEADER@@, I think we could hit two @@ANIMALPLURAL@@ with one stone. If you beef up them public buses ‘n trains, less people would have their cars on the road, and as a bonus, those that can’t ‘ford some wheels will also be able to get around easier, it’s a winning winner win of a situation!”

[effect] @@NAME@@‘s public transportation system is the envy of @@REGION@@
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Tue Aug 04, 2020 3:59 pm

Thanks to Minskiev, Trotterdam, and Australian RePublic for the feedback :hug: I’ve made some small final changes. even though it likely won’t become an issue I’m submitting because it was fun to write!
" (W. B. Yeats)

Minskiev
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Minskiev » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:04 pm

Also, mechanophobia is for machines. A better word would be motorphobe.
Minskiev/Walrus. Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms, 3x Officer. 15x WA author. Join the RRA here.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:51 pm

Minskiev wrote:Also, mechanophobia is for machines. A better word would be motorphobe.

I did think about that, and actually searched up lists of fears that would be appropriate, I personally think mechaniphobe sounds better, as well as giving a much more poppy personality, however it has the same effect on the issue.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?