NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A Hairy Situation

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

[DRAFT] A Hairy Situation

Postby Jutsa » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:24 am

OK, so I think you know which draft of mine made me think of this, and I'm aware that this one is kind of a weird one, even by my standards... but,
given the type of nations that this is going for... I

Title: A Hairy Situation
The Issue: As you were about to get your hair cut, your hair dresser was clubbed by a caveman.
Validity: Body integrity, maybe adult?

Option 1: "Stop! You can't do this!" cries the hairy mammoth. "My name is @@RANDOMMALEFIRSTNAME@@. I represent the Peoples' Interest Group of Divine Physical Integrity. Is it not enshrined in @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ law that we can not pierce or intentionally damage our bodies? Surely this means our hair and nails must remain pure, too!"
[effect] politicians are skeptical of bald writers

Option 2: "What the **** man?" cries your hair dresser with a perfect mustache, rolling around in shaving cream from a broken canister. "You can't ban hair cuts any more than you can ban dying your hair! Or dying your skin! Even if it's permanent! Maybe even getting some piercings to dangle nice jewelry from! I can't believe those things could ever be banned! I miss my old job." Some cream squirts from another canister between his legs.
[effect] body plans tend to have a lot more holes in them

Option 3: "Dying your skin will make your skin die. Trimming your hair will turn those split ends into a nice trim," suggests your hair dresser's stoic assistant, who happens to be a prophet of the Peoples' Interest Group for Holy Material Conservation. "Cosmetic surgery, hair dyes, makeup; these things hurt the body. Grooming and body preservation techniques proven beneficial to one's wellbeing, however, should be not only legal, but nationally mandated. We'll become a society that is nothing short of beautiful and perfect." @@HE@@ points a razor at the intruder.
[effect] it's fine to wear mud but not lipstick

Option 4: "Dear Violet..." cries your photographer, walking in expecting a photo op and getting more than @@HE@@ bargained for. "It's a caveman! And a bunch of other weird things! This will be great for your PR! Alright, @@LEADER@@, could you just lean a little to the left?"
[effect] photo ops of @@LEADER@@ shaking hands with Bigfoot are commonplace

Title: A Hairy Situation
The Issue: About to get your hair cut, your barber was clubbed by a caveman.
Validity: Body integrity, maybe adult?

Option 1: "Stop! You can't do this!" cries the hairy mammoth. "My name is @@RANDOMMALEFIRSTNAME@@. I represent the Peoples' Interest Group of Divine Physical Integrity. Is it not enshrined in @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ law that we can not pierce or intentionally damage our bodies? Surely this means our hair and nails must remain pure, too!"
[effect] politicians are skeptical of bald writers

Option 2: "What the **** man?" cries your barber with a perfect moustache, rolling around in shaving cream from a broken canistor. "You can't ban hair cuts any more than you can ban dying your hair! Or dying your skin! Even if it's perminent! Maybe even getting some piercings to dangle nice jewelry from! I can't believe those things could ever be banned! I miss my old job." Some cream squirts from another canistor between his legs.
[effect] body plans tend to have a lot more holes in them

Option 3: "Dying your skin will make your skin die. Trimming your hair will turn those split ends into a nice trim," suggests your barber's stoic assistant, who happens to be a prophet of the Peoples' Interest Group for Holy Material Conservation. "Cosmetic surgery, hair dyes, makeup; these things hurt the body. Grooming and body preservation techniques proven beneficial to one's wellbeing, however, should be not only legal, but nationally mandated. We'll become a society that is nothing short of beautiful and perfect." @@HE@@ points a razor at the intruder.
[effect] it's fine to wear mud but not lipstick

Option 4: "Dear Violet..." cries your photographer, walking in expecting a photo op and getting more than @@HE@@ bargained for. "It's a caveman! And a bunch of other weird things! This will be great for your PR! Alright, @@LEADER@@, could you just lean a little to the left?"
[effect] photo ops of @@LEADER@@ shaking hands with Bigfoot are commonplace
Last edited by Jutsa on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Jutsa wrote:The Issue: About to get your hair cut, your barber was clubbed by a caveman.
A caveman? Where even did a caveman show up from? Are there any caves in @@CAPITAL@@?

Pythaga
Envoy

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pythaga » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:22 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Jutsa wrote:The Issue: About to get your hair cut, your barber was clubbed by a caveman.
A caveman? Where even did a caveman show up from? Are there any caves in @@CAPITAL@@?

I think saying "someone looking suspiciously like a caveman" would make a lot more sense than just caveman.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:31 pm

How can we assume that leader has a barber, rather than a hair dresser?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:37 pm

Pythaga wrote:I think saying "someone looking suspiciously like a caveman" would make a lot more sense than just caveman.

It might make more "sense", but I think it's a lot more amusing this way. Plus I feel like option 1 kinda does a good job of putting it together. :rofl:

Australian rePublic wrote:How can we assume that leader has a barber, rather than a hair dresser?

We can't. Plus I think "your hair dresser was attacked by a caveman" is actually more amusing for some reason, so... changing that. :)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:40 pm

Starting a sentence with "about" feels really odd to me.

I would suggest

As you were about to get your hair cut, your barber was clubbed by a caveman.
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:01 pm

Agreed. Thanks. ;)

Forgot to actually make the prior mentioned edits too lol

ed: done~
Last edited by Jutsa on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:49 am

You forgot to write [JOKE ISSUE].

Because this one doesn't work as a serious draft, of course.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:13 am

:)

Surely nations who've enforced body integrity would actually be likely to choose options 1 and 3, no? :P

With 4 being a nice scapegoat both ditching any strange law enforcement and addressing the wackiness aspect of the intro in a promotional way, surely? :lol:

(Admittedly the premise is a bit unpremisy but I was somewhat hoping the sheer lunacy of it would make up for that fact)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?