NATION

PASSWORD

My Life Matters! [Abandoned]

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Indusse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

My Life Matters! [Abandoned]

Postby Indusse » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:10 pm

[Title] My life Matters

The Issue

Recently, in a large city of @@nation@@, Two men a @@Demonym@@ and a Bigtopian met with an accident. A passer-by who was a native of @@nation@@ went and rescued The @@demonym@@ without paying attention to the Bigtopian. The Bigtopian who wasn't given basic medical help died at the spot. Riots broke all over @@nation@@ and many people got injured.

The Debate

( Kindly note that the options are given as 1,2,3 and it's outcome as ¹,²,³)

1. @@randomname@@ , the passer-by says 'Why should I rescue a Bigtopian? He isn't from my nation nor he isn't useful to us. Why should I even pay attention to the foreigner? This native, who I rescued may layer be a great guy and succeed @@leadername@@.

¹. Excess duties,tax and rules are being imposed upon the Bigtopians.

2. @@randomname@@, the Bigtopian leader
shouts 'How dare you treat us like this? We are also humans! Do you think we are fools or something of that sort?. She demands more rights to the Bigtopians than the native people or they will cause political unrest and riots in the nation.

². A anti-bigtopian movement has risen among the natives leading to riots.

3. @@randomname@@, a civil-rights activist demands ' We need Equality!!! Everyone should be treated equally! Say no to discrimination! Say no exploitation!! Join together for a wonderful @@nation@@'.

³. Slogans like 'Unity in Diversity' are chanted throughout the nation.
Last edited by Indusse on Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Resume
Issue Author: #1428
IAC 13 Champions

Apabeossie
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Apabeossie » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:56 am

Rewrite of the description, although I'm not great and grammar either :P
Recently, in a large city in @@NAME@@, @@A@@ @@DEMONYM@@ and a Bigtopian were hit by (or any passive form) A passerby, who was a native @@DEMONYM@@, went and rescued @@demonym@@ without paying attention to the Bigtopian, who died at the spot without medical help. Riots have broken all over @@nation@@ and many people got injured.

Indusse wrote:[Title]1. @@randomname@@ , the passer-by says 'Why should I rescue a Bigtopian? He isn't from my nation nor he isn't useful to us. Why should I even pay attention to the foreigner? This native, who I rescued may layer be a great guy and succeed @@leadername@@.

¹. Excess duties,tax and rules are being imposed upon the Bigtopians.

The last sentence doesn't make sense, and you can see it. Also I would write the effect line to more like Bigtopians not getting basic service rather than the current one.

There's also major writing issues in the other options, and although the topic doesn't seem to bad, this needs major effort to have a chance of passing.
✵ Your guide to Apabeossie ✵
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” -Les Mis Finale

Yahlia wrote:Surely everyone likes penguins? Who doesn't like penguins? I refuse to believe there are people out there who have an opinion of them worse than 'indifferent'

Einswenn wrote:For me it always was and is obscure why would people be so blind and shortsighted to allow themselves unsolicited hate. I’ve already posted this before: take care of your own life, live your own life, and don’t tell the others how they should live theirs

Dizgovzy wrote:Please go read a book or play outside instead of spending your youth behind a computer screen. Don’t waste your time on this site.

New Skandenivia wrote:AFAB ❌
AMAB ❌
Apab ✅

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Candensia » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:32 am

See #458.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:17 pm

I'm guessing Emglish is not your first language?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Indusse
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:36 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:I'm guessing Emglish is not your first language?

It is not.
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Resume
IAC 13 Champions

Indusse
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:37 pm

Candensia wrote:See #458.

I didn't knew about this. Still can't we write another?

@candensia
Last edited by Indusse on Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Resume
IAC 13 Champions

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017

Postby Candensia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:10 pm

Indusse wrote:
Candensia wrote:See #458.

I didn't knew about this. Still can't we write another?

@candensia

I think the overlap is too great. I'd advise against this particular topic.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:39 pm

I admit I'm inclined to agree with Candensia here, although if it weren't for the overlap this actually would be an interesting premise. :)

For sure, if you'd like some help coming up with premise ideas for another issue to write, or just need to ask if a topic's been covered,
do feel free to ask around in the writers' block megathread on this forum, or view some of the other users' dispatches for issue ideas.

Welcome to Got Issues. Hope to see more from you. :)

edit: Oh, and in the event you decide to discard the draft, do place replace [DRAFT] with [DISCARDED] or [ABANDONED] or something along those lines.
Last edited by Jutsa on Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Indusse
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:10 am

Ok. Then, if u guys say so. I will abandon it
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------