NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Armed Forces, Without Arms or Forces

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Tepylona
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Armed Forces, Without Arms or Forces

Postby Tepylona » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:13 pm

[Prerequisites]: Nations must have 0 or less on the Total War Preparedness Rating

[Description]: Due to the fact that @@NAME@@'s military is almost nonexistent and the threat of invasion is very, very imminent, your advisors have met to discuss the different ways to combat this problem.

[Option 1]: "Look, if we don't re-militarize, we'll be off the face of the planet faster than you can say 'insert ironic statement here'." says your Secretary of Defense @@RANDOMNAME@@, who is nearly out of a job. "We need to begin plastering the walls of our cities with recruitment posers and turn our industries towards manufacturing more weaponry. Unless you think that having more soldiers is a terrible solution to a lack of soldiers, I don't see why we have to think this over further."

[Resolution]: @@LEADER@@ likes tackling problems head-on

[Option 2]: "You know, being a pacifist nation has it's benefits." says Minister of Foreign Relationships @@NAME@@. "For one, tensions have dropped substantially with other nations, since they don't think of us as a threat. Why don't we capitalize on this and make sure we're peaceful with our neighboring countries? And in case one of them wants to go to war, we'll ensure we have allies to come to our aid. That way, we don't even need to worry about a military if and when war breaks out. We can just let our allies do all the fighting for us."

[Resolution]: @@NAME@@ responds to "You can't defeat me" with "I know, but he can"

[Ideas for More Options in Order of Most Probable to be Added to Least Probable to be Added]:
- Minister of Peace recommends declaring yourself a pacifist nation and dissolving the remains of the army
- Allow either one person or a council to take control of the country to fully focus the nation on building a military; institute conscription
- (If the option above isn't added) institute conscription without doing anything fancy.
- Get more people to join the military via religious propaganda
- Allow another nation to puppet your government

Also might make Option 1 institute conscription, but it's a big might
Last edited by Tepylona on Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Totalitarianism at it's Finest!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:33 pm

If a threat is imminate, then why would nation choose option 3l2?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Tepylona
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tepylona » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:39 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:If a threat is imminate, then why would nation choose option 3l2?

I don't know what option 3l2 is. Are you talking about the option with the defense council?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Tepylona wrote:the threat of invasion is very, very imminent
How so? Who's threatening to invade us? Why?

You're not automatically going to be invaded just because you have a poor military, if you're on good terms with neighboring nations.

Also, #244.

Tepylona
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tepylona » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:35 pm

Trotterdam wrote:
Tepylona wrote:the threat of invasion is very, very imminent
How so? Who's threatening to invade us? Why?

You're not automatically going to be invaded just because you have a poor military, if you're on good terms with neighboring nations.

Also, #244.

Ah. I see.
The first problem was just poor wording. Might have been better to say "the threat of invasion is very, very plausible."
As for the fact that this issue is a lot similar to another, yeah, there's no fixing that. I just wish there would be some easier way to figure out what has and hasn't been created in that list.
Welp, back to the drawing board

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:37 pm

Tepylona wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:How so? Who's threatening to invade us? Why?

Also, #244.

Ah. I see.
The first problem was just poor wording. Might have been better to say "the threat of invasion is very, very plausible."
As for the fact that this issue is a lot similar to another, yeah, there's no fixing that. I just wish there would be some easier way to figure out what has and hasn't been created in that list.
Welp, back to the drawing board

Look in the spoiler thread, search for keywords. Alternatively, go to the Writers Block and ask if your topic had been done before.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:39 pm

I still thank you for making this issue draft. It made me think of another i(only remotely related to the miliatry) issue idea just based off the title alone. :)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Tepylona
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tepylona » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:45 am

Jutsa wrote:I still thank you for making this issue draft. It made me think of another i(only remotely related to the miliatry) issue idea just based off the title alone. :)

Neato. I hope your idea gets accepted!

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:26 pm

Lol thanks. But if you'd like, you could pick up my idea and write it yourself, if you're looking for ideas; I'm in no rush to make it. :P
Simply put, it would be about conscription and people with genetic disorders like blindness, deafness, etc. and, in particular, people with amputated limbs (what the name brought to mind).
Feel free to take it, or leave it. Regardless, I really do hope you try drafting again with another idea. :)

Also, I suspect I myself have tried drafting an issue for nations with no military only to find out an issue exists. :lol:
Last edited by Jutsa on Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Tepylona
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tepylona » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Jutsa wrote:Lol thanks. But if you'd like, you could pick up my idea and write it yourself, if you're looking for ideas; I'm in no rush to make it. :P
Simply put, it would be about conscription and people with genetic disorders like blindness, deafness, etc. and, in particular, people with amputated limbs (what the name brought to mind).
Feel free to take it, or leave it. Regardless, I really do hope you try drafting again with another idea. :)

Also, I suspect I myself have tried drafting an issue for nations with no military only to find out an issue exists. :lol:

Thank you for the generous offer, although I don't want to steal your thunder, so to speak. That idea is really, really good though, and I hope you get around to writing it. I've come up with a few ideas too, and I think I'm gonna start seeing if they haven't already been done. Thanks for the kind relies!

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:14 pm

M'pleasure! And yeah seriously don't worry about it, if you want to take the idea feel free; I've a whole list of ideas I haven't gotten round to. :)
Again though, do feel free to not take it. Good luck with your next project; look forward to seeing it. :D

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?