NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] Splash Headfirst

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Persi
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

[ABANDONED] Splash Headfirst

Postby Persi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:10 pm

A simple thought of this brought this whole issue bubbling inside my head! ;)

Title: Splash Headfirst

Issue: After prominent child actress @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@ suffers severe scalp injuries once sliding down a five foot water-slide, parents seek your attention to the problem of unsafe water-parks. As the task grasps hold to your desk, you and your advisers are seeking solutions, while an angry mob of 10 year olds begins to chant @@HIS@@ name outside your office.

Validity: Nations with high welfare.

Option 1: A tall strong figure barges between your advisers. With a stern stature, he comes directly to your presence with a passionate glare. "I am @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, the lovely mistress' supervisor. The little lady is in terrible condition thanks to your negligence in water-parks! Her face won't be on magazines, billboards or beauty prodcuts! Have you know the circumstances that brings!? On behalf of her family, pay us a hefty compensation for her surgery, or we'll let the fans scurry rampant!"

^Effect: mall supervisors get their client's first cash flow from a threat on the government

Option 2: @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, the owner of the water-park introduces himself with a climb through your back window, pushing away the pressing supervisor. " Oh dear leader, that lunatic only wishes to squash my business! Sure we have little hiccups, but that's part of the @@NAME@@ experience! Remember the amount of @@CURRENCY@@ my Splash-Palooza conjured up last year? If you're willing to sprinkle some nice propaganda about Splash-Palooza, we'll be able to add the @@ANIMAL@@ in all our kiddie pools!"

^Effect: @@ANIMAL@@ bites are the norm when visiting state advertised water-parks.

Option 3: An avid fan of the actress was pulled in by security, throwing rice-buns in their faces. Without hesitation, the fan began to speak her mind to you. Her saliva acting as a sprinkler as she spoke. "Leader, you must ban water-parks altogether! They're a toxic place to be, even used as a common ground to find urine from toddlers! Look what happened to my idol, her bright smile covered with a head cast, the environment is horrible! I even lost my earring!"

^Effect: bodies of water are prohibited to be in once analysed seeing a spec of saliva

Option 4: Sneaking in following the owner of the water-park, a sober man quickly made use of his surroundings and immediately hacked into the PA systems before being detected. "Leaderr, I know da perrfect zolution to dis problum.. We don't need to ban water-parks or nuffin. Why not replace the pools in the park with one massive bathroom stall? Kidz would be dewighted to hear they can do their business while playing with rubber ducky at the same time. It'z a win-win!"

^Effect: hobos are seen as problem-solvers
Last edited by Persi on Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:52 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:48 pm

Why do you feel the need to spoiler your options but not your description? And why is this issue only valid for nations with more than 100,000,000 people?

Effect lines do not begin with capital letters and do not end with full stops.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Persi
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Persi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:08 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Why do you feel the need to spoiler your options but not your description? And why is this issue only valid for nations with more than 100,000,000 people?

Effect lines do not begin with capital letters and do not end with full stops.

Thanks for the judgement, I'll take it into account!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:00 pm

Why is this an issue now, and not say, 6 months ago? If waterslide injuries are common, this would have been a problem ages ago, but if they're uncommon, this is a tragedy
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Apabeossie
Envoy

Founded: Jun 04, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Apabeossie » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:04 pm

1. Why should this be restricted to nations with high welfare?
2. All of the gender specifications are unnecessary and stereotypical. You can use the @@HE@@ and @@HIM@@ macro if it's because you didn't know it existed.
3. Why ten-year-olds protesting? Why just ten-year-olds?
✵ Your guide to Apabeossie ✵
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.” -Les Mis Finale

Yahlia wrote:Surely everyone likes penguins? Who doesn't like penguins? I refuse to believe there are people out there who have an opinion of them worse than 'indifferent'

Einswenn wrote:For me it always was and is obscure why would people be so blind and shortsighted to allow themselves unsolicited hate. I’ve already posted this before: take care of your own life, live your own life, and don’t tell the others how they should live theirs

Dizgovzy wrote:Please go read a book or play outside instead of spending your youth behind a computer screen. Don’t waste your time on this site.

New Skandenivia wrote:AFAB ❌
AMAB ❌
Apab ✅

Return to Got Issues?