NATION

PASSWORD

Change Issue Decision?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Houmahimona
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 14, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Change Issue Decision?

Postby Houmahimona » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:44 pm

Hi Everyone, this might sound backwards but is there a way to change a policy that has been made on an issue? Or at least cancel out its effects? I accidentally clicked that I wanted my country to be on bottled water instead of fixing the dirty water in the country and it is messing me up. It just means a lot to me, since I am a marine biologist irl and my pursuit outside of gaming is bringing clean water to tribal reservations. It's ok if it can't, it just irks me a little.
¸.•*¨*•.¸♥¸.•*¨*•.¸♪¸.•*¨*•.¸Okla yvt oka¸.•*¨*•.¸♥¸.•*¨*•.¸♪¸.•*¨*•.¸

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:48 pm

Houmahimona wrote:Hi Everyone, this might sound backwards but is there a way to change a policy that has been made on an issue? Or at least cancel out its effects?

Yes, just wait for a reversal issue to come up, which it should at some stage. Your nation doesn't have to represent your OOC beliefs - Tinhampton's neoliberalism reaches places that not even I, as a staunch free-market conservative, would even dare to contemplate in real life... I work in senior management in RealWorldStates but the Tinhamptonian government is mostly focused on reducing red tape (and generally promoting rude asshattishness) as drastically as possible - a bureaucrat against bureaucracy? work that one out, will you? :P
Last edited by Tinhampton on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

The Cosmic Mainframe
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Cosmic Mainframe » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:48 pm

For the future there is an option to have the game ask for confirmation before you answer an issue. I've turned it on for all my nations.
Last edited by The Cosmic Mainframe on Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
== BEGIN POSTSCRIPT ==
The Mainframe requires more processing power and storage.
Donate your computing devices or they will be taken by force.
== END POSTSCRIPT ==

UPDATES (earth-year 3345): International Subsystem scales up operations in 42E5 "New York," Earth, now the largest known concentration of androids.

Factbooks | About Me | NationStates Flag Bracket II | Bytes (card farming region) | MAINFRAMEWAVE
Feel free to telegram me about anything. I'll do my best to respond.
Canon is relative to the observer. Not using NS stats.
This nation does not represent my real views, and if it represents yours, I question your sanity.

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:14 pm

No, unfortunately the game doesn't have an "undo" button for issues, likely because that would let sneaky people undo stuff because of unexpected effects, and it's not meant to work that way.
The game likely won't track your specific decision to use bottled water — instead, the issue affects your stats, one time only. Bigger legislation decisions (e.g. banning cars) will incur Policy changes, which are tracked separately. Reversing the issue's effects is simple — just answer more issues and the stats will change back eventually (assuming your answer the right way, of course!). Thematically, things are a bit trickier — there's likely only one issue about bottled water, so you'll have to wait a while to get that specific issue again.
As someone has said, in the game settings, you can check a box that'll have the game ask for confirmation each time you answer an issue. I use it myself; it's quite handy. :)
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Vendellamoore
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 04, 2019
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Vendellamoore » Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:16 pm

The Cosmic Mainframe wrote:For the future there is an option to have the game ask for confirmation before you answer an issue. I've turned it on for all my nations.

As do I
Government is undergoing reform: Not all NS Stats are Canon
A Confessional Lutheran who supports Small Government ideals
DozenValues Test Results

Siyania
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Siyania » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:55 am

I also suggest reading the options more carefully. Sometimes when I answer issues in my puppets(like this one) I just pick the option out of memory from previous experiences on that issue, when I remember the wrong option or think the issue is another issue I pick the wrong option which can lead to some consequences.
Cyan!!

Likes birds, rivers, and science

Houmahimona
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 14, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Houmahimona » Mon May 11, 2020 6:11 am

Thanks all!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?