NATION

PASSWORD

Will Brexit Continue?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
The New Digital World
Political Columnist

Founded: Apr 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Will Brexit Continue?

Postby The New Digital World » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:10 pm

Description:
Brexit got larger in @@NAME@@ and protesters were going to fight for the Brexit. 7,680 protesters had left the rally for Brexit while some wants Brexit.

Valid:
Not valid for nations that don't have elections.

Options:
[option]"You gotta stop Brexit immediately!" says the ex-protester @@RANDOMNAME@@, feeling like in a rush. "The Brexit can have elections closed, why have Brexit? We can use elections to help people. Don't mind that Brexit and let your butts working on!"
[effect]Brexit is not allowed in @@NAME@@.
[stats]apathy decreases to almost zero, political freedom increases, size of government increases.

[option]"Don't listen to that ex-protester, Brexit is needed!" shouts the Brexit protester @@RANDOMNAME@@, paying you some @@CURRENCY@@. "Why have Brexit? Because elections aren't needed to this nation! All we need is some peace to save time and we can have no war! Think of it now!"
[effect]Brexit is allowed in @@NAME@@ and elections are closed
[stats]apathy increases, political freedom decreases, size of government decreases.

[option]"You gotta think fast now." says TV news reporter @@RANDOMNAME@@, trying to talk in a mad mood. "Don't you think these options will work? How about we will cancel all elections and no problems will became a emergency. See, problem solved!"
[effect]Elections are closed
[stats]apathy increases, political freedom decreases to almost zero

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:14 pm

I voted to leave the EU on 23rd June 2016 and I can't believe I'm asking this on GI?, but... what does Brexit mean in the world of issues?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:26 am

You can't Brexit if your nation's name doesn't start with Br.

Baggieland
Issues Editor

Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:05 am

Tinhampton wrote:I voted to leave the EU

Respect to you. :)

Trotterdam wrote:You can't Brexit if your nation's name doesn't start with Br.

A Troxit?

Zeritae
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Zeritae » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:10 am

Trotterdam wrote:You can't Brexit if your nation's name doesn't start with Br.

New nation: Brerzitae
The United Republic of Zeritae Please don't send me telegrams - not A NA nor A.
Zurkerx wrote:
Agarntrop wrote:snip

One already exists: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=484632&start=25

And seeing we're over the page limit, I #ilock now. We can't let the umm, super virus get out now.
The Iron Wizards of Blacktower wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Direct the what what what what what again? I'm utterly baffled at what this has to do with the goodness of Friends With Benefits

Become enlightened through sex.
NS Stats are used.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:12 am

Aside from the fact that we can't use real countries, why would anyone give a shit about what Great Britain does? And why would Great Britain give a shit about what @@NAME@@ thinks?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:32 am

It’s also a player autonomy violation to assume a nation is in an EU-style alliance, imo.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:00 am

I'm just upset that your issue about Brexit protesters doesn't even have a nod to Steve Bray in it.

Not to mention that I'd be doing a respectable Chexit. Because Chan Island doesn't even have B or R in it.

Also what does Brexit even mean in the issueverse?

Tinhampton wrote:I voted to leave the EU on 23rd June 2016 [/i]

*slings mud*

Australian rePublic wrote:Aside from the fact that we can't use real countries, why would anyone give a shit about what Great Britain does? And why would Great Britain give a shit about what @@NAME@@ thinks?

And even if it did, the issue would have to be somehow related to how Chan Island, say, is related to Britain's folly? Is there trade on the line? Immigrants? Is the player nation a member of the EU, and if so, how did that happen?
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?