NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Age Matters (SCRATCHED)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Nonadia
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 07, 2019
Father Knows Best State

[DRAFT] Age Matters (SCRATCHED)

Postby Nonadia » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:29 pm

THE ISSUE
The small town of @@ANIMAL@@ Village has gained national attention after a 19 year old boy karate chopped a 8 year old girl and she was severely injured and hospitalized. Your advisors come into your room persuading you to make a decision

OPTION 1
The 19 year old's mother @@RANDOMNAME@@ comes to you. "This was a honest mistake, how about let's let go of this" She desperately looks in her purse and grabs a cookie "Want a cookie, @@LEADER@@?"

sports allow all ages on one team

OPTION 2
"This is madness!" Says the 8 year old girl's mother, @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Now you're saying that anyone can do anything no matter the age?! You should outlaw anything with different ages allowed!"

many people don't meet friends that aren't their age

OPTION 3
"How about we two way this issue" says one of your advisors @@RANDOMNAME@@. "How about we make age groups and all sports and activities must comply by them!"

People don't let their kids watch tutorials taught by anyone above elementary school.
Last edited by Nonadia on Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tier 6 Civilization according to This
Libertarian Left, according to the political compass.

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:34 pm

Good April Fools issue. Very funny.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:56 am

Nonadia wrote:The small town of @@ANIMAL@@ Village has gained national attention after a 19 year old boy karate chopped a 8 year old girl and she was severely injured and hospitalized. Your advisors come into your room persuading you to make a decision
Im not convinced this is enough of an issue. People get injured/hit all the time, and @@LEADER@@ generally doesn't need to be concerned with the outcome. I don't think that the age thing is enough reason for this to be such a big deal. One thing you could do is try making the little girl @@LEADER@@'s niece (or other family member) (although that would involve some corruption).
And I would check the list of all issues (do a keyword search or two), because the premise of minor-assaulted-by-an-over-18 may have been done before.
And another thing — the issue suffers from some strange wording here and there, which makes me think English may not be your first language (sorry if this is a false assumption). If you can get the premise to work, I'm sure there are people around who'd be happy to help you with some phrasing, grammar, etc. I'd be happy to help if you'd like!
But first, make sure the premise works — because the issue must have a strong premise.
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Return to Got Issues?