NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Projectile Dysfunction

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
LO SANTANo
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Projectile Dysfunction

Postby LO SANTANo » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:21 am

1st draft
[title] Projectile Dysfunction

[desc] After a high-ranking official died of cannon recoil in military training, questions over equipment quality have arisen.

[validity] Not valid for nations with no military

[option] “Come on!” pleads coworker @@RANDOMNAME@@.”The good equipment is always shipped to the frontlines while we have to deal with untested prototypes! You must allow us to use the same equipment as they do!
[effect] militaries run out of equipment before the war starts

[option] “That’s not enough” says the mother of the lost soldier. “We need stricter regulations too. The equipment might not come in as fast, but our nation’s lives are much more important.”
[effect] the war ends before the equipment can be made

[option] “Bunch of useless tools” moans renowned pacifist, @@RANDOMNAME@@. “Why should we give money to these dimwits?”
“Don’t know how to use a cannon” @@HE@@ mutters. “Slash military spending at once!”
[effect] IQ tests are used to decide budgets

[option] A groovy businessman interjects. “These weapons are old school. Y’all need to use the all new 360 Mega Blaster! It comes equipped with rapid fire, quick reload, and zero recoil! Oh the bullets are made out of foam you say?
[effect] soldiers are advised not to aim for the eye
[option_validity] Not valid for nations without private industry

[option] “Wouldn’t it be easier to just import from elsewhere?” suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@. “I hear Bigtopia has some excellent weaponry.”
[effect] National pride is asserted using international weapons
[option_validity] Not valid for autarkic nations

[option] “If you really want to dominate on the world stage,” advises @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Creative Solutions, “we should just deploy AI’s. Think about it. Nobody will be able to stop these ultra-destructive weapons. We will shred anybody in our path to pieces. MWAHAHAHAHA!”
[effect] Foreign spies take down opponents with the click of a button

[title] Projectile Dysfunction

[desc] Yesterday, the military was supposed to be giving a tour of their training facilities to a visiting government official. Unfortunately, when they tried to show him how the cannons worked, one of the cannons rocketed off of its frame and killed the official. Several civilians, government workers, and business people have come streaming into your office to weigh in on the issue of equipment quality.

[option] “Come on!” pleads coworker @@RANDOMNAME@@.”The good equipment is always shipped to the frontlines while we have to deal with untested prototypes! You must allow us to use the same equipment as they do!
[effect] militaries run out of equipment before the war starts

[option] “That’s not enough” says the mother of the lost soldier. “We need stricter regulations too. The equipment might not come in as fast, but our nation’s lives are much more important.”
[effect] the war ends before the equipment can be made

[option] “Bunch of useless tools” moans renowned pacifist, @@RANDOMNAME@@. “Why should we give money to these dimwits?” “Don’t know how to use a cannon” @@HE@@ mutters. “Slash military spending at once!”
[effect] IQ tests are used to decide budgets

[option] A groovy businessman interjects. “These weapons are old school. Y’all need to use the all new 360 Mega Blaster! It comes equipped with rapid fire, quick reload, and zero recoil! Oh the bullets are made out of foam you say?
[effect] soldiers are advised not to aim for the eye
[option_validity] Not valid for nations without private industry

[option] “Now if we really want to show our rivals we’re made of,” suggests @@RANDOMNAME@@.”we should use their own weapons against them.” “Think about it, their cannons might be trouble, but we’ll make it double. Now, I hear Bigtopia has some excellent weaponry. Seriously though, just import more weapons, it’s so much easier.”
[effect] national pride is asserted using international weapons
[option_validity] Not valid for autarkic nations

[option] “If you really want to dominate on the world stage,” advises @@RANDOMNAME@@, your Minister of Creative Solutions, “we should just deploy AI’s. Think about it. Nobody will be able to stop these ultra-destructive weapons. We will shred anybody in our path to pieces. MWAHAHAHAHA!”
[effect] foreign spies take down opponents with the click of a button
Last edited by LO SANTANo on Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:46 pm

Not sure on the issue, but that title is excellent. Almost carries the issue all by itself.

If you can make the rest of the issue as witty as the title, you'll be onto a winner.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Kathol Rift
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kathol Rift » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:57 pm

I love the title. It’s amazing, and is the sole reason I clicked on this. I’m about to go on a tangent of advice though.
Lo Santano wrote:[title] Projectile Dysfunction

[desc] After a high-ranking official died of cannon recoil in military training, questions over equipment quality have arisen.

I would describe the situation more. Something along the lines of:
“Yesterday, the military was supposed to be giving a tour of their training facilities to a visiting government official. Unfortunately, when they tried to show him how the cannons worked, one of the cannons rocketed off of its frame and killed the official. Several civilians, government workers, and business people have come streaming into your office to weigh in on the issue of equipment quality.”
You can write your own intro, I’m not saying to just use that. That same advice about detail goes for all the options too. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be golden. In my opinion anyways.
Last edited by Kathol Rift on Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hot Girls Vote

I drive wee-woo wagon and professionally distribute band-aids. For some ungodly reason they trusted me with drugs and I am using them to hijack my own gender.

As the top of the sig says. Singularity technology and Juggernaut military by The Pacific Standards. We're good now, sort of.

This nation was developed under the influence of metal

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:22 pm

Kathol Rift wrote:
“Yesterday, the military was supposed to be giving a tour of their training facilities to a visiting government official. Unfortunately, when they tried to show him how the cannons worked, one of the cannons rocketed off of its frame and killed the official. Several civilians, government workers, and business people have come streaming into your office to weigh in on the issue of equipment quality.”
You can write your own intro, I’m not saying to just use that. That same advice about detail goes for all the options too. Once you’ve done that, you’ll be golden. In my opinion anyways.
Actually, I disagree on this. I think the introduction says all it needs to. Maybe it's just me, but I don't think it's important to add extra lines (in the introduction and options) unless they're humour.

Edit: Whoa, this is far too many options. Keep the first two, and if I were you I'd drop most of the others. You don't need to cover every single thing @@LEADER@@ could theoretically do.
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:43 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Not sure on the issue, but that title is excellent. Almost carries the issue all by itself.

If you can make the rest of the issue as witty as the title, you'll be onto a winner.

The title may be good, but it’s also been used before (no. 360 Electile Dysfunction).

Very much like you to enjoy the title though :lol:
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

LO SANTANo
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby LO SANTANo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:53 am

Kathol Rift wrote:I love the title. It’s amazing, and is the sole reason I clicked on this. I’m about to go on a tangent of advice though.
Lo Santano wrote:[title] Projectile Dysfunction

I thought brevity was better

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:43 am

Fauxia wrote:
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Not sure on the issue, but that title is excellent. Almost carries the issue all by itself.

The title may be good, but it’s also been used before (no. 360 Electile Dysfunction).

Good point there. Ah well.

LO SANTANo
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby LO SANTANo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:25 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:
Fauxia wrote:The title may be good, but it’s also been used before (no. 360 Electile Dysfunction).

Good point there. Ah well.

Does that mean I can't use it?

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:26 am

Well, it's not identical, but its very similar. So, no.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:20 am

The effect for option 4 is complete nonsense
Option 3- I'm sorry, what?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?