NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A Stain on Our Honour

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

[DRAFT] A Stain on Our Honour

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:31 am

Possibly too puerile, I dunno. Tell me what you think.

DRAFT 2:
TITLE:
A Stain on Our Honour

VALIDITY:
Adult

DESCRIPTION:
The people of the nation of Blackacre have always harboured strong anti-@@DEMONYM@@ sentiments, but recently a Blackacrean manufacturer of toilet roll has produced two-ply sheets adorned with the @@DEMONYM@@ national flag, marketing it globally with a slogan of "Show @@NAME@@ what you think of them!"

OPTION 1
"We need to wipe the smiles off their faces!" spits far-right nationalist @@random_name()@@, spraying your face with fragments of his breakfast. "We should be launching a targeted airstrike on the bog roll factory, and teaching people you don't give crap to @@NAME@@!"

OUTCOME:
the proximity of a nuclear holocaust is leading to a lot of brown trousers

OPTION 2a - IF YOU HAVE WMDS
"I don't like Blackacreans any more than you do, but Blackacre is a nuclear power -- we'd be risking mutual assured destruction over a little disrespect," counters Dicky Rubbah, who is a big name in latex novelty toy manufacturing. "A more appropriately inappropriate response might be to give some government subsidies to @@PLURALDEMONYMNOUN@@ who can counter-attack with rudeness to Blackacre. I've got some designs for urinals and spitoons featuring the Blackacrean' Supreme Leader's face, and some comedy figurines of their national animal in various compromising positions. Come on, it'll be funny!"

OUTCOME:
@@NAME@@ is farting in the general direction of hostile nations

OPTION 2b - IF YOU DON'T HAVE WMDS
"I don't like Blackacreans any more than you do, but Blackacre is a nuclear power and we aren't. Do you really want @@NAME@@ to be turned to radioactive ash?" counters Dicky Rubbah, who is a big name in latex novelty toy manufacturing. "A more appropriately inappropriate response might be to give some government subsidies to @@PLURALDEMONYMNOUN@@ who can counter-attack with rudeness to Blackacre. I've got some designs for urinals and spitoons featuring the Blackacrean' Supreme Leader's face, and some comedy figurines of their national animal in various compromising positions. Come on, it'll be funny!"

OUTCOME:

OPTION 3
"Or, and stop me if I'm being radical here, we could ask ourselves why they don't like us?" suggests one of your aides who has a suspiciously Blackacrean look to @@HIM@@. "We should laugh this one off, show we have a sense of humour by ordering for a hundred rolls for your personal use, and you could give some nice stirring speeches about how you've always admired the Blackacrean Supreme Leader. Who knows, maybe we'll even be friends one day?"

OUTCOME:
the government is learning to turn their other cheeks

DRAFT 1:
TITLE:
A Stain on Our Honour

VALIDITY:
Adult

DESCRIPTION:
The people of the nation of Blackacre have always harboured strong anti-@@DEMONYM@@ sentiments, but recently a Blackacrean manufacturer of toilet roll has produced two-ply sheets adorned with the @@DEMONYM@@ national flag, marketing it globally with a slogan of "Show @@NAME@@ what you think of them!"

OPTION 1
"We need to wipe the smiles off their faces!" spits far-right nationalist @@random_name()@@, spraying your face with fragments of his breakfast. "We should be launching a targeted airstrike on the bog roll factory, and teaching people you don't give crap to @@NAME@@!"

OUTCOME:
the proximity of nuclear armageddon is leading to a lot of brown trousers

OPTION 2
"I don't like Blackacreans any more than you do, but Blackacre is a nuclear power -- we'd be risking mutual assured destruction over a little disrespect," counters Dicky Rubbah, who is a big name in latex novelty toy manufacturing. "A more appropriately inappropriate response might be to give some government subsidies to @@PLURALDEMONYMNOUN@@ who can counter-attack with rudeness to Blackacre. I've got some designs for urinals and spitoons featuring the Blackacrean' Supreme Leader's face, and some comedy figurines of their national animal in various compromosing positions. Come on, it'll be funny!"

OUTCOME:

OPTION 3
"Or, and stop me if I'm being radical here, we could ask ourselves why they don't like us?" suggests one of your aides who has a suspiciously Blackacrean look to @@HIM@@. "We should laugh this one off, show we have a sense of humour by ordering for a hundred rolls for your personal use, and you could give some nice stirring speeches about how you've always admired the Blackacrean Supreme Leader. Who knows, maybe we'll even be friends one day?"

OUTCOME:
the government is learning to turn their other cheeks
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:48 am

No option to boycott -- and encourage other nations to boycott -- Blackacre's exports?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:55 pm

Puerile, but I think it works anyway.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:31 pm

If you know a country hates you, you'd expect them to do this kind of shit, wouldn't you?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Vivolkha
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 15, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vivolkha » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:41 pm

Maybe limiting option 2 to WMD nations, and adding a duplicate option for non-WMD nations? Because if YN doesn't have WMDs, MAD is not much of a problem but being obliterated by Blackacre is.
Exclusively OOC nation | Prominent stat player as Aryax | Слава Україні! Героям слава!
Commentary about WA resolutions is posted on a personal capacity, and does not represent the opinion of 10000 Islands.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:41 am

Vivolkha wrote:Maybe limiting option 2 to WMD nations, and adding a duplicate option for non-WMD nations? Because if YN doesn't have WMDs, MAD is not much of a problem but being obliterated by Blackacre is.

Good point. Will make a doppelganger option for the next draft.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:44 am

Bears Armed wrote:No option to boycott -- and encourage other nations to boycott -- Blackacre's exports?

Didn't think the issue warranted it. There's one forgiving response, one militarised response, and one hostile non-militarised response. Tariffs and the like would be another hostile non-militarised response, so only adds comprehensiveness rather than being essential to the narrative, so I'm leaving that approach off.

Plus it doesn't seem likely that @@NAME@@ has good trading relations with Blackacre anyway, and it's also likely that @@NAME@@ is always using diplomacy to try to encourage others to oppose Blackacre. It's the nature of the established relationship.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Workers Juche Liberation Front of Korea
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Workers Juche Liberation Front of Korea » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:45 am

Interesting draft.
We are a movement made up of fanatical DPRK supporters who are devoted to Juche. We are fighting against internal enemies, the puppet regime in the South, the USA and other oppressors of the Korean people.
Imperialist sources call us "Korean ISIS".

"위대한 김정은동지 우리는 끝까지 당신께 충실하겠습니다!"
- "Great Comrade Kim Jong Un, we will remain faithful to you to the last!"

- Commonly known as WJLFK -

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:03 am

Puerile, perhaps, but people IRL made toilet paper with Trump's face on it. (I assume that's where you got the idea...) Also funny to see drafts that seem like they've been made with Patriotism in mind.

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:the proximity of nuclear armageddon is leading to a lot of brown trousers
Would the armageddon be nuclear if I don't have WMD's? Blackacre might respond with nukes even to a conventional airstrike, but surely they would be just as likely to try and avoid a nuclear holocaust by just responding with conventional missiles.

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:compromosing positions
compromising - both option 2a and 2b

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:the government is learning to turn their other cheeks
Not sure about the pluralisation on cheeks. "the *single noun* *singular verb* learning to turn their other *plural noun*" sounds odd.

The rest seems spick and span, as per usual.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:59 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:Puerile, perhaps, but people IRL made toilet paper with Trump's face on it. (I assume that's where you got the idea...) Also funny to see drafts that seem like they've been made with Patriotism in mind.

Ha, no, I hadn't heard of that. But I will now be trying to buy said loo rolls.

Would the armageddon be nuclear if I don't have WMD's? Blackacre might respond with nukes even to a conventional airstrike, but surely they would be just as likely to try and avoid a nuclear holocaust by just responding with conventional missiles.

Good point, will amend it to "a nuclear holocaust".

compromising - both option 2a and 2b

Oops. Typo fixed.

Not sure about the pluralisation on cheeks. "the *single noun* *singular verb* learning to turn their other *plural noun*" sounds odd.

It's meant to sound odd, till you realise that we're talking about the fact that your cheeks are on your face, and your other cheeks are on your butt.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?