NATION

PASSWORD

ISSUE DRAFT 2: We, the Mighty, must do our Duty?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Tarchuna and Ravenna
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

ISSUE DRAFT 2: We, the Mighty, must do our Duty?

Postby Tarchuna and Ravenna » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:22 am

Validity: Cannot be Tarchuna and Ravenna (but I would like the NS mods to create and give me the policy “Epistocracy”, as it is part of my nation’s lore

The Issue
After the Tarquinian invasion of the nation of Brancaland, in which hundreds of thousands of Etruscan soldiers have been deployed, anti-war protests and riots at the Tarquinian Embassy have burnt like a raging fire through the nation.

The Debate

Option 1:
“Why were we invading, you may ask?” Says the Princeps Senatus of Tarchuna and Ravenna, Arunth Tarnai. “Well, after the inauguration of Prime Minister Dustin Wiseau, his government has began clamping down on conservatism, and with it, critical thinking. We had no choice but to invade, as our motto—‘We, the Mighty, must do our Duty’ demands. We have invaded only to spread Epistocracy, the vote of the Philosophers, as well as rational thought. I beg you to consider our offer to introduce a Senate of the Philosophers.”

Outcome
@@NATIONNAME@@ has recently introduced Epistocracy.

Option 2:
“This man is annoying!” A rainbow-shirted group of individuals all say collectively. A woman in the center walks towards you. “I believe in Peace! Peace for now, and Peace forever! We must declare war on Tarchuna and Ravenna to enforce Peace!” She screams as she takes out a bronze figure and appears to start worshipping it. “That’s their personification of Peace,” your Foreign Minister whispers to you.

Outcome
The term “militant pacifist” has become quite common in @@NATIONNAME@@.

Option 3:
“Greetings, friends!” A Chinese man in regal robes says, walking into the room. “I am Prince Yuan Liang, heir to the throne of the Ye Empire of China, of the blood of Yuan Shao. I have been nicknamed “Forgiveness”, for my name sounds the same as the word for ‘Forgiveness’ in Chinese,” he says, a smile on his face. “We here in China have the Mandate of Heaven, a way of life which encourages the people to rise up and replace an unworthy dynasty, and install a new one in their place. This system is an alternative to Epistocracy that also allows the best to rise to the top,” he says, taking a step back and bowing in every cardinal direction, then leaving the room.

Outcome
The people, after a foreign invasion placed a puppet in the highest office of your nation, have risen up and put you back on the throne.
Last edited by Tarchuna and Ravenna on Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tarchuna and Ravenna
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarchuna and Ravenna » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:29 am

Actually, wait, I have another one.

Option 4
“You don’t have to be the past two fanatics to present an alternative,” says @@MALENAME@@, a clean-shaven, respectable-looking man in a suit. “Sure, you can implement Arunth Tarnai’s policies, but you can also form a council of politicans voted in by the people, to make sure they don’t abuse their power,” he says, taking a sip of red wine from an Etruscan chalice. “That was mine!” Exclaims Tarnai.

Outcome
There is both Epistocracy and Democracy in @@NATIONNAME@@.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:06 pm

This is very egocentric. Also, one thread per issue please
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:36 pm

I have to go with Australian rePublic on this one. Why does your nation get its own special place in an issue? There's a well-established system of using made-up nation names in your issues, so I don't think putting yourself into an issue would work.

Also, I can't see why the NationStates mods would implement a brand-new policy for one person. If everyone could get their own policy, then the game would be a mess. I expect you'd have to make a strong case and gather a lot of support, and even then, the prospect sounds far-fetched. Has this type of government ever been implemented in real life? And why should this governmental style be granted a policy before any of the other systems people have proposed (e.g. ergatocracy, kritarchy, netocracy)?

And why would I have an embassy to Tarquinia? What if my country is secluded and doesn't bother with embassies? An issue should work for all nations, or have validities such that the nation getting the issue doesn't feel disconnected from it.

So I'm sorry, but this doesn't seem feasible. You may want to stick with a more generic topic in your next issue, one that doesn't involve a specific nation's lore or policies.
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Coryanhafflaruda
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 24, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Coryanhafflaruda » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:40 pm

Its exactly like the orignal,you need to not mention your nation itself.
BIG THINGS ARE COMING

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:53 pm

You've inspired me to write a whole bunch of issues relevant specially to myslef
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Raider Clans
Attaché

Founded: Jun 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Raider Clans » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:03 am

So when are we gonna have a Raider Clans issue? ;)
The Raider Clans: Voted most likely to run over your dog in a heavily modified 2003 Honda Civic!

anarchy 4 life
WE ARE NOT PIRATES
Use the preview button you apes!

Tarchuna and Ravenna
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarchuna and Ravenna » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:07 am

Australian rePublic wrote:This is very egocentric. Also, one thread per issue please

I really cannot think of another nation on NS that is run by philosphers.

So thank you for your positive, factual comments. I am closing down this thread.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

ISSUE IDEA: Pineapple Parade

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:20 am

Validity: must not be Australian rePublic

The Issue
The user behind Australian rePublic has asked your opinions, and demands an answer

The Debate

Option 1:
“Pineapples are disgusting!" Yells @@RANDOMNAME@@ famed pineapple hater. "They are vomit inducing crap! I effing hate pineapples and anyone else who doesn't belongs in the loony bin! I mean, it's not like that Australian rePublic fella is the sanest NationStates user, is it? The fact that he's a slef-professed crack-pot tells you everything you need to know about him, doesn't it?"
Outcome
Australian rePublic yells at @@LEADER@@ for not liking pineapples

Option 2:
“Pineapples are good!" Says @@RANDOMNAME@@, they're not excellent, but they are good"
Outcome:
Pineapple are good

Option 3:
"Pineapple are fantastic!" Says pineapple farmer and famed pineapple enthusiest, @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Did you know that pineapples alternate name "ananas" comes from the Tupi (native Brazilian) word "nanas" which means "excellent fruit". Indeed pineapples are excellent fruits. They belong on pizza, in cole slaw, and everything. You tell that Australian rePublic dude that whoever doesn't like pineapples belongs in a loony bin!"
Outcome:
Pineapple allergies are equal to treason
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:22 am

Tarchuna and Ravenna wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:This is very egocentric. Also, one thread per issue please

So thank you for your positive, factual comments. I am closing down this thread.

You consider me a philospher? Thank you very much! Wait, you're not being sarcastic, are you?

Tarchuna and Ravenna
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarchuna and Ravenna » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:24 am

Australian rePublic wrote:

You consider me a philospher? Thank you very much! Wait, you're not being sarcastic, are you?

You truly are worthy of your Eastern Roman heritage.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:25 am

Australian rePublic wrote:You consider me a philospher? Thank you very much! Wait, you're not being sarcastic, are you?

Thank You!

Tarchuna and Ravenna
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarchuna and Ravenna » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:28 am

Australian rePublic wrote:

Thank You!

Centrists...

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:39 am

Australian rePublic wrote:You've inspired me to write a whole bunch of issues relevant specially to myslef
Funnily, you actually are the only NationStates player to have been referenced in issues canon, as "Ausblic".

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:41 am

Trotterdam wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:You've inspired me to write a whole bunch of issues relevant specially to myslef
Funnily, you actually are the only NationStates player to have been referenced in issues canon, as "Ausblic".

Oh yea. Now I feel bad for everyone else and kind of want to help T&R get into the cannon

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:45 am

Tarchuna and Ravenna wrote:I really cannot think of another nation on NS that is run by philosphers.

Generally, you would say that some random nation is an epistocracy (like say that Maxtopia or Brancaland has embraced it as a new form of government). Those nations aren't real-life players' nations, instead being featured here and there along with some others as generic fit-all-needs nations.
Last edited by Authoritaria-Imperia on Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?