NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] A Matter Of Faith

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Kurnugia
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] A Matter Of Faith

Postby Kurnugia » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:45 pm

[Must forbid religions]

[desc] After a huge ring of violetism in @@CAPITAL@@ got busted and disrupting the life of the whole neighborhood as many are being detained, decriminalization advocates are once more pushing for a softer approach in cracking down on superstition.

[option 1]"While we are fully acknowledging the harmful effects of religion, we also see that the massive disruption that was caused by the crackdown is far more harmful to the @@DENONYM@@ communities as a religion in of itself could be." explains @@RANDOMNAME@@, long-standing advocate. "Thus, we are proposing that other religions may only practice in certain areas, not selling to children, regulate contents to be in line with @@DENONYM@@ values as well as reminding them of the supremacy of @@NATION@@."
[resolution 1]yellow violetism is an awkward sight for violets abroad

[option 2]"Oh come on, we erm... they aren't any threat to @@NATION@@." sights @@RANDOMNAME@@ local politician of the concerned district. "From what I've heard, violetism is not a big threat to society as a whole if used in moderation. In fact, there are some medical uses for violetism as it eases the burden of the sick. Not to mentioned it really helps with expanding your horizon. A full-on legalization of religion would be best."
[resolution 2] @@NATION@@ is the most popular work destination for missionaries

[option 3]"I cannot believe what I am hearing!" exclaimed @@RANDOMNAME@@ leader of the @@NATION@@ Drug Enforcement Agency. "The list of proscribed religions exists for a good reason. Their contents are making @@DENONYM@@ act irrationally and are highly addictive. To effectively combat violetism we need stricter punishment like quadrupling having occult texts with the intent to distribute."
[resolution 3] believers of minority faiths are forced in the underground
Last edited by Kurnugia on Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Big Sister has always been Big Sister

Author of issue 1201

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:24 pm

What exactly was so desruptive about their rally?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:29 am

Australian rePublic wrote:What exactly was so desruptive about their rally?

It's a crackdown on them, not a rally. Which disrupts the neighborhood as many are missing from work, trauma, etc.

Author of issue 1201

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:42 am

Kurnugia wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:What exactly was so desruptive about their rally?

It's a crackdown on them, not a rally. Which disrupts the neighborhood as many are missing from work, trauma, etc.

Why the crack down?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Kurnugia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kurnugia » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:40 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
Kurnugia wrote:It's a crackdown on them, not a rally. Which disrupts the neighborhood as many are missing from work, trauma, etc.

Why the crack down?

Because religion is illegal. The issue is inspired by china only allowing religion with altercations.

Author of issue 1201

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Socio Polor » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:26 am

Hmm, intriguing issue here Kurnugia. I don't know why but this issue reminds me of another issue that has already been implemented in the game. I may check the Issues list to see which one(s) it was. Anyway moving on the draft you have:

You're off to a good start so far however I'm catching a few grammar/punctuation mistakes and improper macros starting with:
[option 1]"While we are fully acknowledging the harmful effects of religion, we also see that the massive disruption that was caused by the crackdown is far more harmful to the @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ communities as a religion in of itself could be.," explains @@RANDOMNAME@@, long-standing advocate. "Thus, we are proposing that other religions may only practice in certain areas, not selling to children, regulate contents to be in line with @@DENONYMADJECTIVE@@ values as well as reminding them of the supremacy of @@NATION@@ @@NAME@@."

Moving on:
"Oh come on, we erm... they aren't any threat to @@NATION@@ @@NAME@@.," sights @@RANDOMNAME@@ local politician of the concerned district. "From what I've heard, violetism is not a big threat to society as a whole if used in moderation. In fact, there are some medical uses for violetism as it eases the burden of the sick. Not to mentioned it really helps with expanding your horizons. A full-on legalization of religion would be best."

Last Off:
"I cannot believe what I am hearing!" exclaimed @@RANDOMNAME@@ leader of the @@NATION@@@@NAME@@ Drug Enforcement Agency. "The list of proscribed religions exists for a good reason. Their contents are making @@DENONYMPLURAL@@ act irrationally and are highly addictive. To effectively combat violetism we need stricter punishment like quadrupling having occult texts with the intent to distribute."

I know, I'm a grammar nazi, no need to say it. :p But seriously, this is pretty good Kurnugia, all my corrections were minor stuff. The two in blue aren't exactly errors, I just think they'll be better removed. All the others in red must be corrected. Good Luck!
Last edited by Socio Polor on Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to Got Issues?