NATION

PASSWORD

Issue 490 + economy questions

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Issue 490 + economy questions

Postby Albennia » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:10 am

So I got the issue and went to check the stats on the site as I always do and WTF option 1

"-49.51 to -0 Intelligence (mean -7.4523)
+0.01 to +22.21 Ignorance (mean +2.9273)"

"-1.55 to +85.19 Primitiveness (mean +12.4800)
-184.12 to -1.63 Scientific Advancement (mean -16.8950)"

"-1014.38 to -0.16 Tourism (mean -219.7688)"

"-59269.13 to -1151.48 Average Income of Poor (mean -11138.0125)
-512319.13 to -1564.13 Average Income of Rich (mean -42245.8375)"

:shock:

And that's not mentioning all the industries which can go down by THOUSANDS

only good one is "-3288.27 to +177253.96 Average Disposable Income (mean +26803.8509)"

Now I have top 2% Business Subsidisation so I'm (probably) not going to go for it because I'd be fucked to the point I'm setting new extremes for the site but why is it like this?? is there any other way to cut taxes "-90.72 to -3.98 Taxation (mean -29.2345)" other than this

(also how do i reduce business subsidisation without destroying all my industries)

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:01 am

Albennia wrote:So I got the issue and went to check the stats on the site as I always do

First off: Trotterdam's tool is not official. His stats are based on data, and those measurements are a guide only. Just because he reports amazingly high/low figures doesn't mean they will always happen, it just means a nation that was at an extreme chose an extreme option in the other direction, resulting in extreme stat effects. Also:

That being said, the stuff you mentioned about extreme stat effects is probably intentional. This is an extreme option that basically just slashes government spending. A breakdown:
  • intelligence, ignorance, scientific advancement, primitiveness: Slashing government spending means slashing school funding which means people are dumber.
  • tourism and all other industries: Slashing government spending means slashing business subsidisation which means your economy gets worse because the companies are used to getting government money
  • average incomes of rich/poor: Slashing industries (see above) makes them pay their workers less
  • average disposable income: Slashing government spending means less tax so more disposable income.

If you want to cut taxes without bombing your other stats, this is not the issue to do it. The dismiss button is always an option... (although I see you've gone with option 3 already)

As for how to reduce your business subsidisation without destroying your industries: maybe embrace unbridled capitalism...? My nation is also very much into business subsidisation, albeit not as much as you, so I'm less sure on how to go about doing that than how to break down issue options and stat effects.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Albennia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Albennia » Wed Dec 25, 2019 6:17 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:
Albennia wrote:So I got the issue and went to check the stats on the site as I always do

First off: Trotterdam's tool is not official. His stats are based on data, and those measurements are a guide only. Just because he reports amazingly high/low figures doesn't mean they will always happen, it just means a nation that was at an extreme chose an extreme option in the other direction, resulting in extreme stat effects.

I know (about it not being official and the stats), I figured that with my amount of business subsidisation I'd probably get the amazingly low figures

SherpDaWerp wrote:If you want to cut taxes without bombing your other stats, this is not the issue to do it. The dismiss button is always an option... (although I see you've gone with option 3 already)

I cut welfare from 4,000 to 0 earlier (was in top 5% until recently). Taxes went down only from 90 to 86 though

Return to Got Issues?