NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] I Love You, You Love Me, But Not My Disability

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Dytarma
Minister

Founded: Nov 24, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

[DRAFT] I Love You, You Love Me, But Not My Disability

Postby Dytarma » Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:04 am

Made most of this at midnight, so it could use a lot of editing.

[title] I Want You, You Want Me Without My Disability

[issue] Taking a night stroll down a quiet village road on the outskirts of @@CAPITAL@@, an informat of yours overhears a woman running out of a house, only for a man with a visible disability running out trying to get her attention. The man then notices the uniform of the informat and pleads to talk to @@LEADER@@ claiming that he has been denied pleasure due to physical discrimination. The informant, though tired, starts a phone call with @@LEADER@@.

[option 1] “I should be able to have the pleasure I deserve without all this discrimination!” exclaims @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, as you hear what sounds like the phone switching hands. “We were able to have a nice dinner, a nice car ride home, and even a little foreplay. But of course, right as we begin, boom! She’s out and bolting! If that’s not physical discrimination, then I’m not sure what is.” The informat then rips the phone out of the man’s hands.

[effect] Citizens are tried guilty when refusing to have sex with someone who has a bruise.

[option 2] A neighbor, hearing all this ruckus, butts into the conversation. “Maybe if ya pull your pants up, then there’d be no need for anyone to discriminate you on anything, ha ha!” @@HE@@ then shouts @@HIS@@ opinion from @@HIS@@ open house window. “Ya know, people should be able to have sex with anyone since or hormones decide who we want to mate with our something like that, right honey?” @@HIS@@ partner nods approvingly also from within the window.

[effect] People deemed “undesirable” have better love lives than @@LEADER@@.

[option 3] The informant, hoping there was no more commotion, turns away and begins to talk to you. “You know @@LEADER@@, all this talk about who has sex with who has got me thinking. How about we only allow sex for people who aren't opposed to our grand nation? No sex for protestors equals no future protestors, at least that’s how it should work.” He then ends the call after finishing the sentence.

[effect] Anti-@@DENOMYNADJECTIVE@@ often get arrested during “the act”.

[title] I Love You, You Love Me Without My Disability

[issue] Taking a night stroll down a bustling city road within @@CAPITAL@@, an information of yours overhears a woman running out of a nearby brothel, only for a man with a visible disability running out trying to get her attention. The man then notices the uniform of the informat and pleads to talk to @@LEADER@@ caiming that he has been denied pleasure due to physical discrimination. The informant, though tired, starts a phone call with @@LEADER@@.

[option 1] “I should be able to have the pleasure I deserve without all this discrimination!” says @@RANDOMENAMEMALE@@, as he rips the phone from the informant's hand. “I went to the brothel to have a nice night out, discussed my payment with her, then paid the money. But guess what? I start undressing and boom! She’s out running away because of my diphallia! If that isn’t discrimination then I don’t know what is.” The informant then rips the phone out from the man’s hand.

[effect] signs hanging on brothel walls proclaim a 100% guarantee rate for all people.

[option 2] A nearby passerby, hearing all this ruckus, butts into the conversation. “Maybe if ya pull your pants up, then there’d be no need for anyone to discriminate against you on anything, ha ha!” @@HE@@ then shouts @@HIS@@ opinion from across the road. “Ya know, people should be able to have sex with anyone since hormones decide who we want to mate with or something like that, except for children of course, right honey?” @@HIS@@ partner nods approvingly also from across the road.

[effect] people considered “undesirable” often have better love lives than @@LEADER@@.

[option 3] The informant, hoping there was no more commotion, turns away and begins to talk to you. “You know @@LEADER@@, all this talk about who has sex with who has got me thinking. How about we only allow sex for people ntence.

[effect] people deemed anti-@@DENOMYNADJECTIVE@@ often get arrested during “the act”.

[title] I Love You, You Love Me Without My Disability

[issue] An informant of yours who was visiting a brothel happened to overhear a conversation between a man and a prostitute. The issue? She denied him sex due to him having diphallia. The man then requested to talk to @@LEADER@@, which the informant, while rather annoyed, agreed.

[option 1] “I should be able to have the pleasure I deserve without all this discrimination!” says @@RANDOMENAMEMALE_1@@, as he talks through the phone's speaker. “I went to the brothel to have a nice night out, discussed my payment with her, then paid the money. But guess what? I start undressing and boom! She’s doesn't want to do it because of my diphallia! If that isn’t discrimination then I don’t know what is.” @@RANDOMNAMEMALE_1@@ then proceeds to pull his pants up.

[effect] signs hanging on brothel walls proclaim a 100% guarantee rate for all people.

[option 2] "I should be able to choose who I want to have sex with!" exclaims the prostitute in question, @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@. "I have as much right to who I do and don't have sex within this brothel as @@RANDOMNAMEMALE_1@@ over here. If we deny people based on qualities they have, then so be it, at least we'd enjoy it better." She then leaves to do her job for customers of her liking.

[effect] prostitutes ultimately determine if the partner is worth their time for sex.

[option 3] The informant, hoping there was no more later commotion, turns away and begins to talk to you. “You know @@LEADER@@, all this talk about who has sex with who has got me thinking. How about we only allow sex for people who aren’t opposed to our grand nation? No sex for protestors equals no future protestors, at least that’s how it should work.” He then ends the call after finishing the sentence.

[effect] people deemed anti-@@DENOMYNADJECTIVE@@ often get arrested during “the act”.

I remember looking that you can use @@RANDOMNAMEMALE_1@@, but I can't remember where it was. Is this an actual macro variant, or do I have to find work around?
Last edited by Dytarma on Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Master Dispatch (or everything I don't want deleted)
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:49 am

The idea that someone can be made to have sex without consent is essentially rape, right?

There's cases when such a thing might work as a "crazy option" in an issue if presented as a clearly insane approach from the lunatic fringe, but it's definitely not viable as a central issue premise.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Trsmk2
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 20, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Trsmk2 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:05 am

Rape her,direct

Why is this option missing

Candensia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Candensia » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:19 am

Trsmk2 wrote:Rape her,direct

Why is this option missing

Because issue options have to be at least marginally acceptable to general audiences.

Also

How about we only allow sex for people who are opposed to our grand nation? No sex for protestors equals no future protestors, at least that’s how it should work.

As written here only dissidents would be able to procreate, which is the opposite of what you meant. I think you meant to say "aren't".
Last edited by Candensia on Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Free Joy State wrote:Time spent working on writing skills -- even if the draft doesn't work -- is never wasted.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Dec 16, 2019 1:13 pm

How do you know that she refused him sex because of his disability? She could just be a golddigger who refuses to have sex with anyone and wants a free meal. She could be asexual and wants companionship. She could be saving her virginity for marriage (I know I am, and I'm a bloke). Tying in with this, her religion could forbid premarital sex. She might refuse to have sex with men until the Xth date. I mean, there's a myriad reasons why she didn't have sex with the guy. If it truely was because of his disability, she wouldn't have let it progress that far. She wouldn't've dated him in the first place
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Dytarma
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:15 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:The idea that someone can be made to have sex without consent is essentially rape, right?

There's cases when such a thing might work as a "crazy option" in an issue if presented as a clearly insane approach from the lunatic fringe, but it's definitely not viable as a central issue premise.

Now that I'm looking at it reasonably well awake, I guess it makes sense to clarify that its not rape. Changes made.
Last edited by Dytarma on Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't acknowledge the existence of genders and I'm pro death on abortion. All babies must die (sc).
Dytarma's Birthday
Don't know what else to put, so I'm -0.50 left and -0.41 libertarian according to The Political Compass

Dytarma
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:16 pm

Candensia wrote:
How about we only allow sex for people who are opposed to our grand nation? No sex for protestors equals no future protestors, at least that’s how it should work.

As written here only dissidents would be able to procreate, which is the opposite of what you meant. I think you meant to say "aren't".

Right about that, change has been made.
Dytarma's Birthday

Dytarma
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:18 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:How do you know that she refused him sex because of his disability? She could just be a golddigger who refuses to have sex with anyone and wants a free meal. She could be asexual and wants companionship. She could be saving her virginity for marriage (I know I am, and I'm a bloke). Tying in with this, her religion could forbid premarital sex. She might refuse to have sex with men until the Xth date. I mean, there's a myriad reasons why she didn't have sex with the guy. If it truely was because of his disability, she wouldn't have let it progress that far. She wouldn't've dated him in the first place

Planning out the issue I had it take place at a brothel, but then I thought the location would be too risque. The woman in this case being a prostitute, and the neighbor just another guy at the brothel (or outside of it). The disability (or genetic condition) I was planning on it being is diphallia.
Last edited by Dytarma on Mon Dec 16, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dytarma's Birthday

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:27 am

Dytarma wrote:
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:The idea that someone can be made to have sex without consent is essentially rape, right?

Now that I'm looking at it reasonably well awake, I guess it makes sense to clarify that its not rape. Changes made.

It's still rape if you force someone to go through with having sex after they decided they don't want it. The fact that they consented and then changed their mind instead of saying no from the beginning doesn't really matter. She still does not want to have sex now.

Also, how is this worth calling @@LEADER@@ about?
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:03 am

Exactly. The issue still doesn't work, as it's still essentially about a man complaining that consent for sex was withdrawn.

Dytarma
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:10 am

I altered option 1 to clarify that the man both paid and consented to her prior to intercourse, as well as changing the scene from a home to a brothel.

As for why it's worth calling @@LEADER@@, this man feels that he is being denied rights granted to him, so he feels it necessary to talk to @@LEADER@@ directly about it.
Last edited by Dytarma on Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dytarma's Birthday

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:36 am

Prostitutes are people too.

Assuming prostitution is legal (which actually you can't, unless we add some sort of validity check) it's still pretty clear what you're talking about is the right to withdraw consent. Financial transaction or not, anybody can withdraw consent from sex.

There's no way to position this where someone expecting sex where consent has been withdrawn is a reasonable position to take.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:07 am

Many countries have laws forbidding businesses from treating potential customers differently based on things like disabilities, or indeed gender and sexual orientation (see #674), and prostitution is in principle a business. It does make me wonder just where you'd draw the line on reasonable anti-discrimination laws.

Besides, you yourself wrote an option that can force people to have sex (#1106 3).

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:25 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:There's cases when such a thing might work as a "crazy option" in an issue if presented as a clearly insane approach from the lunatic fringe, but it's definitely not viable as a central issue premise.

Dytarma
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:18 am

I'll work on re-writing the option at a later time, your guys' advice has bee noted.
Dytarma's Birthday

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015

Postby USS Monitor » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:57 am

Trotterdam wrote:Many countries have laws forbidding businesses from treating potential customers differently based on things like disabilities, or indeed gender and sexual orientation (see #674), and prostitution is in principle a business. It does make me wonder just where you'd draw the line on reasonable anti-discrimination laws.

IRL you'd probably ask around the brothel and see if one of the other prostitutes will take the customer, and you'd probably do that when he first came in. If he has a disability that's obvious with clothes on, they'd notice before pairing him with a prostitute, so it wouldn't be a shocker.

If it's something that is only noticeable when he takes his clothes off...

1. Why can the informant see this? Did the guy not put his pants back on before running out in the street? I think most people would put their pants on or take it up with the madam of the house instead of running out in the street undressed.

2. If something is disgustingly wrong with your dick, a brothel can turn you down on the grounds of STD prevention. Discrimination is legal when it's done for safety reasons.

It might be helpful to be more specific about what is wrong with the guy.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Dytarma
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:16 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
Trotterdam wrote:Many countries have laws forbidding businesses from treating potential customers differently based on things like disabilities, or indeed gender and sexual orientation (see #674), and prostitution is in principle a business. It does make me wonder just where you'd draw the line on reasonable anti-discrimination laws.

IRL you'd probably ask around the brothel and see if one of the other prostitutes will take the customer, and you'd probably do that when he first came in. If he has a disability that's obvious with clothes on, they'd notice before pairing him with a prostitute, so it wouldn't be a shocker.

If it's something that is only noticeable when he takes his clothes off...

1. Why can the informant see this? Did the guy not put his pants back on before running out in the street? I think most people would put their pants on or take it up with the madam of the house instead of running out in the street undressed.

2. If something is disgustingly wrong with your dick, a brothel can turn you down on the grounds of STD prevention. Discrimination is legal when it's done for safety reasons.

It might be helpful to be more specific about what is wrong with the guy.

1. Yes, he can see this (though not directly mentioned, but since the passerby can see it, so can the informant.

2. It not really disgusting so to say, but mainly so unique its off-putting, like someone with naturally purple eyes).

A for mentioning what's wrong with him, I'll mention diphallia directly.
Last edited by Dytarma on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dytarma's Birthday

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:32 pm

Why are informants spying on the business of private citizens? Why are they randomly following people into brothels? Who do they think they are? ThinkPol?
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:41 pm

It would make more sense if the informant him/herself were using the brothel's, um... services...and happeneded to overhear the conversation. Also, how did the informant get to interview the man? Jeez, they really are ThinkPol
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dytarma
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Why are informants spying on the business of private citizens? Why are they randomly following people into brothels? Who do they think they are? ThinkPol?

It's just a coincidence that the informant was walking there and there was no mention of the informant going into the brothel. Its like if I were to go to walking by a store and a man runs out with a TV.
Australian rePublic wrote:It would make more sense if the informant him/herself were using the brothel's, um... services...and happeneded to overhear the conversation

(saw this post mid-response to your other post)

I guess that could be viable, but how would I introduce that from the start of [issue]?
Dytarma's Birthday

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:46 pm

Dytarma wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Why are informants spying on the business of private citizens? Why are they randomly following people into brothels? Who do they think they are? ThinkPol?

It's just a coincidence that the informant was walking there and there was no mention of the informant going into the brothel. Its like if I were to go to walking by a store and a man runs out with a TV.
Australian rePublic wrote:It would make more sense if the informant him/herself were using the brothel's, um... services...and happeneded to overhear the conversation

I guess that could be viable, but how would I introduce that from the start of [issue]?

An informant of yours who was visiting a brothel happened to overhear a conversation between a man...

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:48 pm

Doesn't the prostitute get a say in this? Make her the voice of option 2. Also, option 3, okay, so where does that leave the guy with diphallia?

Dytarma
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Dytarma » Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:56 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:
Dytarma wrote:It's just a coincidence that the informant was walking there and there was no mention of the informant going into the brothel. Its like if I were to go to walking by a store and a man runs out with a TV.

An informant of yours who was visiting a brothel happened to overhear a conversation between a man...

Oh, yeah, I guess that could work.
Australian rePublic wrote:Doesn't the prostitute get a say in this? Make her the voice of option 2. Also, option 3, okay, so where does that leave the guy with diphallia?

Option 2 is going to happen.
Option 3 is that option in the issue that helps (or at least tries too) advance @@LEADER@@'s appeal towards the populace. This will more than likely place the guy in the anti category, but I wasn't thinking much of the guy when making this option.
Dytarma's Birthday

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:41 am

Dytarma wrote:I remember looking that you can use @@RANDOMNAMEMALE_1@@, but I can't remember where it was. Is this an actual macro variant, or do I have to find work around?

It's fine.

I'm still not sure if the topic is entirely suitable for an issue, though.

(This is USS Monitor's puppet. I was too lazy to switch.)
Last edited by The Sherpa Empire on Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?