NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Show Me the Stonks!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Doge Land
Envoy

Founded: Feb 15, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

[DRAFT] Show Me the Stonks!

Postby Doge Land » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:32 am

edited 3 times

TITLE: Show Me the Stonks!

DESC.: A recent recession leaves @@NAME@@ in ruin. There is also an angry mob outside your window with signs that say "SHOW US THE MONEY!"

REQUIREMENT (OPTION 1): Little (10%) to no state-owned industry
OPTION 1: @@RANDOMNAME@@, your nation's treasurer, ran up to you and yelled, "What did you do? Even the @@MAJORINDUSTRY@@ industry failed!" @@HE@@ was furious. "You know what, this could all be solved if you got rid of private industry and everything was in control of the state!"

EFFECT: All private industry is turned into state-owned industry, economic output increases
PUNCHLINE: When a tourist says "private business" in @@NAME@@, @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ cower in fear of police arresting them.

REQUIREMENT (OPTION 2): Little (10%) to no black market
OPTION 2: A random shadowy person comes up to you and says, "Why don't you let my industry thrive? You wouldn't need to do anything," and then he ran away.

EFFECT: 25% of industry now used by black market, economic output slight decrease
PUNCHLINE: You can now buy phones for a arm and a leg- literally.

OPTION 3: @@RANDOMNAME@@ runs into your office and yells, "Why don't we invest in tourism?" Everyone turns to @@HIM@@ and nods their heads- except the one police officer at the door.

EFFECT: tourism boom, crime increase, economic output increase
PUNCHLINE: People come to @@NAME@@ to get mugged.

OPTION 4: "Ha ha," laughs @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, the police officer at your door. "That's a horrible idea. Why don't we remove the problem- the stock market! If you make the economy go down it will go up. We learned that last recession."

EFFECT: crime increase, economic output decrease, civil rights slight decrease, weaponization huge increase
PUNCHLINE: @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ no longer believe in the police, so they started mugging even more people.
Last edited by Doge Land on Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
this is a signature

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:31 am

This issue already exists in several forms
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Doge Land
Envoy

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Doge Land » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:46 am

Well, if no one has anything else to say I'll send it in.
this is a signature

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:59 pm

What Aussie is saying is that this issue (or one very similar to it) already exists in the issue base. When I get to a computer I'll find some examples, but the point is this issue is duplication.

There was no more feedback not because your issue is ready for submission, but because Aussie's feedback hasn't been addressed yet. Until you change up the premise to make it more original, then there's not much point in giving more feedback because it's unlikely to be published.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

Doge Land
Envoy

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Doge Land » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:53 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:What Aussie is saying is that this issue (or one very similar to it) already exists in the issue base. When I get to a computer I'll find some examples, but the point is this issue is duplication.

There was no more feedback not because your issue is ready for submission, but because Aussie's feedback hasn't been addressed yet. Until you change up the premise to make it more original, then there's not much point in giving more feedback because it's unlikely to be published.

Okay, that makes a lot more sense now.
this is a signature

Return to Got Issues?