NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] War Can Change, Can You?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Necroviribus
Secretary

Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] War Can Change, Can You?

Postby Necroviribus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:10 pm

Title: War Can Change, Can You?

Summary: According to international law, your nation has outdated war laws when it comes to the ethical treatment of Prisoners Of War.. Bigtopian reporter @@RANDOMNAME@@ said that "@@NAME@@ is using very inhumane POW treatment.." in @@HIS@@ newest article.

Viability: Not for nations that don't put any money into the military. Low civil rights.

Option 1: "I think that this is ludicrous!" yelled @@RANDOMNAME@@. “We shouldn’t have to listen to some people who think that we’re ‘dangerous’! We just want protection! How do we get that protection? Showing them what we do to POWs!” @@HE@@ yells.
Effect: @@NAME@@ was put on the reporter’s “Top Ten Evilest Nations” list.

Option 2: A finely dressed person named @@RANDOMNAME@@ walks in. “We care for protection, but we also care about being humane,” @@HE@@ states, “You can't treat POWs like that! I beg that you please update your POW camps, @@LEADER@@!”
Effect: Opposing soldiers go to war just to be taken as POW.

Option 3: A popular peace activist named @@RANDOMNAME@@ wearing a tie dye shirt comes in. “Make peace, not war,” @@HE@@ says. “We need to ban all war, all of it! Set free all POWs!” @@HE@@ chants running out the door.
Effect: Children think war is fictional.

Option 4: A person wearing straps of dynamite runs in. “Those 2 other people can go stub their toe for all I care!” he shouts into your face. “Kamikaze POWs! Capital punishment! We can be tenfold as powerful, even gain some intimidation with these POWs! You just got a bypass a couple international laws, that's all!” he shouts.
Effect: POWs are fed leftover chicken seeds.
Last edited by Necroviribus on Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:46 pm

@@NAME@@ is outdated and should care, because?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Necroviribus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:29 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:@@NAME@@ is outdated and should care, because?

@@NAME@@ is outdated in the treatment of POWs and could be using internationally illegal weapons.
@@NAME@@ should care as they might get a heavy drop in reputation, or maybe get attacked by other nations, or maybe lose trade deals. People don't want to go to a country that has low reputation.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:58 pm

This draft is a bit unfocused. The first line talks about "weapons and POWs." Then other parts are specifically about POWs. But you've got arguments about protection that would make more sense in an issue about weapons. Try to focus more on one central topic.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Necroviribus » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:22 pm

USS Monitor wrote:This draft is a bit unfocused. The first line talks about "weapons and POWs." Then other parts are specifically about POWs. But you've got arguments about protection that would make more sense in an issue about weapons. Try to focus more on one central topic.

I made it based off of weapons 100%. (=

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Necroviribus wrote:
USS Monitor wrote:This draft is a bit unfocused. The first line talks about "weapons and POWs." Then other parts are specifically about POWs. But you've got arguments about protection that would make more sense in an issue about weapons. Try to focus more on one central topic.

I made it based off of weapons 100%. (=

I think you picked the wrong one. We have a number of "get rid of weapons" issues (which can be found by searching ctrl+F in the spoiler list), but which include: #14, #137, and #211.

I suggest you think about a total rewrite based around humane conditions for prisoners of war.

You'd also need to consider, in the validity, that a nation would need fairly low civil rights to receive such an issue -- you can't assume a nation is accused of being cruel to POWs, just because they have a military.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

The JELLEAIN Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The JELLEAIN Republic » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:52 pm

Interesting direction ..

I’m not certainly an authority on these kinds of things, but n my humble opinion it seems a bit ... spread out.
Last edited by The JELLEAIN Republic on Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May the autocorrect be with you...
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's a narrative, and narratives don't require masterminds or persian cats.
Male. Lives in USA. Quotes
The Greater Ohio Valley wrote:Same here. I wash my hands religiously to keep the medical debt away.

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Necroviribus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:37 am

The Free Joy State wrote:
Necroviribus wrote:I made it based off of weapons 100%. (=

I think you picked the wrong one. We have a number of "get rid of weapons" issues (which can be found by searching ctrl+F in the spoiler list), but which include: #14, #137, and #211.

I suggest you think about a total rewrite based around humane conditions for prisoners of war.

You'd also need to consider, in the validity, that a nation would need fairly low civil rights to receive such an issue -- you can't assume a nation is accused of being cruel to POWs, just because they have a military.

Made 100% based off of POWs. (=

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Necroviribus » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:38 am

The JELLEAIN Republic wrote:Interesting direction ..

I’m not certainly an authority on these kinds of things, but n my humble opinion it seems a bit ... spread out.

What do you mean?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?