NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] The War on Welfare

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Legendary Island of Atlantis
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Legendary Island of Atlantis » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:29 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:My first thought is that in many nations, the dominant ethnic majority IS the indigenous population.
My second thought is that the whole premise feels a bit generalised, and needs to have more human interest.

:bow:

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:35 pm

Jim the Baptist wrote:Your problem being that you don't like the implementation of affirmative action in the welfare system (FYI Australia has affirmative action policies in their welfare system), the issue addresses your concern because there are enough options for you to express your opinion.

One last point- AA in Australian welfare is in the form of free terriary education and stuff like that, not paying people more. No one is stupid enough to do the later
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 08, 2019
Tyranny by Majority

Postby Jim the Baptist » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:13 am

Australian rePublic wrote:One last point- AA in Australian welfare is in the form of free terriary education and stuff like that, not paying people more. No one is stupid enough to do the later

Actually it's not. Compare ABSTUDY and Austudy payment rates. If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and doing a Master's or Doctoral degree you can get up to $1,058 a fortnight. Austudy is capped at $553.10/fortnight, regardless of whether you do undergraduate/graduate study.
So in response to what you said, who is stupid enough to give out more money? Well Australia is.

Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Jim the Baptist » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:32 am

Hi all, I have edited the issue removing the old option 4 (no policy option sending people to war) because it was not really necessary and as someone else pointed out it was a bit weird anyway.
Option 5 and 3 (which are now 3 and 4) were also edited making them different and more unique.
If there is no more feedback I will submit soon. Thanks!
Last edited by Jim the Baptist on Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Jim the Baptist wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:One last point- AA in Australian welfare is in the form of free terriary education and stuff like that, not paying people more. No one is stupid enough to do the later

Actually it's not. Compare ABSTUDY and Austudy payment rates. If you are Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and doing a Master's or Doctoral degree you can get up to $1,058 a fortnight. Austudy is capped at $553.10/fortnight, regardless of whether you do undergraduate/graduate study.
So in response to what you said, who is stupid enough to give out more money? Well Australia is.

Fucking hell!

**sigh**

Carry on!

**Inaudible grumbling**
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Jim the Baptist
Spokesperson

Tyranny by Majority

Postby Jim the Baptist » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Thanks everyone for your contributions, I've waited a few days and seems to be no more ideas so I have submitted the issue now. Thank you

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Good Luck!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?