NATION

PASSWORD

Too few cooks has weird results?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
United Peoplez
Civilian

Founded: Sep 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

Too few cooks has weird results?

Postby United Peoplez » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:08 pm

In question is Issue #534, "Too Few Cooks in the Kitchen," which is about a shortage of candidates who want to run for election to office.

I selected option 3, which has text as follows:
3. "Nobody wants to run for office because nobody wants to be in the government," replies your mother as she tries to make dinner plans with you. "Think about it. When was the last time someone who actually presented a challenge ran against you? When I was raising you and your siblings, I'd settle who got to play with the toys by drawing straws, and I think we can use the same approach. People from all over @@NAME@@ could be chosen at random to fill a government office for a fixed term. As an added bonus, it would root out the corrupt career politicians and opportunists, since they couldn't run for office anymore. Sure, these new people aren't as qualified, but fair's fair, right?"

For some reason choosing this option brought my political freedoms from 83 to 40 which makes no sense

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:17 pm

In future, please report unusual issue effects in the megathread for the purpose.

And your political freedoms reduced because you outlawed elections, thus removing your citizens' voting rights, and replaced elections with @@LEADER@@ making random appointments by sortition. When you outlaw elections (depending on where you already are politically) it will generally have a big hit on your political freedoms.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Return to Got Issues?