NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Chewing The Fat About Gum

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Japanese Schoolgirls
Attaché

Founded: Aug 20, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[DRAFT] Chewing The Fat About Gum

Postby Japanese Schoolgirls » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:11 pm

DRAFT 1

[TITLE] Chewing The Fat About Gum

[DESCRIPTION]After a viral video showing pranksters jam their chewed gum on park benches, all types of people came barging in to your office just before your morning meeting starts.

[VALIDITY] none

[OPTION 1] “It’s about time we get rid of gum from our market!”,your usually quiet stenographer shouts from the safety of his typewriter. “What we lose in revenue, we gain in cleanliness! Just think about a world where you don’t have to look down before sitting.”

[EFFECT 1] Gumshoes are just shoes.

-----

[OPTION 2] “Just hold on a minute!”, exclaims local gum tycoon @@RANDOMNAME@@ as @@SHE@@ saunters towards your desk. “Why do you have to go down such a draconian path? How about you just leave us alone and I don’t know ... teach the masses to have better etiquette instead of blaming it all on some harmless sap.”

[EFFECT 2] Gum Chewing 101 is a mandatory syllabus in kindergarten.

-----

[OPTION 3] Celebrity dentist @@RANDOMNAME@@ approaches you with horrifying images of @@HIS@@ client’s teeth. @@HE@@ menacingly utters, “Why don’t we let gum stay but have it be unappealing to those who wants to keep their pearly whites? You don’t have to abolish anything and you get to keep those stacks of money from the industry.”
[EFFECT 3] Gum wrappers are the new canvas for medical photographers.
유애나 | YOU & I

| Community is my name and community-building is my game |

H A L L Y U S A N C T U A R Y

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:18 pm

Hello, Japanese Schoolgirls.

This is an nicely written issue. Unfortunately, it seems to overlap quite heavily with #689 "A Sticky Situation".

I'm not sure if you do a ctrl+F search for keywords on the Spoiler List before drafting. While not guaranteed to pick-up all overlapping issues -- and apparent overlap can sometimes be minimised -- it can help pick up major overlap.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Japanese Schoolgirls
Attaché

Founded: Aug 20, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Japanese Schoolgirls » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:49 am

I apologise for the repeat idea submission. Can't say I am sad that I thought it was a unique idea but still happy it's an issue available in the game.
유애나 | YOU & I

| Community is my name and community-building is my game |

H A L L Y U S A N C T U A R Y

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:55 am

Japanese Schoolgirls wrote:I apologise for the repeat idea submission. Can't say I am sad that I thought it was a unique idea but still happy it's an issue available in the game.

It's nothing to apologise for. At present, we have 1263 issues in the game, and we don't expect anyone to be aware of every one of them.

Hope to see more drafts from you in the future.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:09 am

The Free Joy State wrote:At present, we have 1263 issues in the game, and we don't expect anyone to be aware of every one of them.
Yeah, I'm sure I've forgotten one or two ;)

Return to Got Issues?