NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED]Nuclear...what exactly?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Snoodum
Attaché

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

[ABANDONED]Nuclear...what exactly?

Postby Snoodum » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:53 am

I'd appreciate feedback as this is my first issue draft. Thank you!

Valditiy: Invalid for nations that don't have nuclear power.

Description:Following the introduction of nuclear power to @@NAME@@, many have felt rather unstable about the whole situation.It's got to the point that a meeting has been called in your office.

Person One
A sprightly woman barrels up to your desk, introducing herself as @@RANDOMNAME@@ and picking up your model Uranium atom as she does so. 'Nuclear power doesn't just split the atom, it splits the ground when it goes wrong. I needn't remind you of the accidents in other countries over the years. Look, you got it all wrong with nuclear power! We should shut it down before @@NAME@@ becomes an irradiated wasteland! You want that? No, I didn't think so! Tear down all nuclear plants, halt all plans for new ones and switch to greener energy forms that aren't ticking time bombs!' The model suddenly breaks in half and a slow smile spreads across the woman's face.

Person Two
A big man wearing a smile and a name badge saying @@RANDOMNAME@@, holds what's left of your model in his hands as he comes over. 'My apologies, but that woman had it all wrong. Scrapping the nuclear plant program will be catastrophic! Think of the economy! No, we can't dismantle every plant. In fact, we should reduce regulations on plant building. If we truly want to embrace nuclear power, we need more plants and bigger plants. Any excess energy we generate can be sold overseas no? What's to dislike about more power! He sets the model halves down on your desk.

Person Three
Your Minister for Energy, @@RANDOMNAME@@,leans over your desk, spindly frame looking like the slightest wind will bowl him out the door. 'Please, get security in here, our National Grid is under attack! Wind Power? Less regulation? What is this? No! We can't scrap the whole thing, thats too costly! We can't reduce regualtions though, that would be dangerous! We have to impose heavier regulations. It may take some time to get the plants through and realise our energy targets but is that not better than nuclear wasteland or millions of @@CURRENCYPLURAL@@ down the drain? You hadn't noticed but the man has carefully been gluing your model back and now sets it on you desk. 'Give it a few hours. That should set it right.' He nods and leaves.

Person Four
Just as you think everyone has left, Your most decorated military General, General Bomba comes in, flanked by four stern looking soldiers. 'Don't worry Commander, this is not a takeover. It's come to my attention that bombs could be made from some of these plants. Yes, I'm not joking and yes, I'm looking for the green light. Why not, eh? Generate nuclear power for the Grid and create a stronger nuclear arsenal? What's the downside to that?' He puts a hand on his pistol, eying your Uranium model. 'Just say the word and I'll make it happen.'

Recent effect lines:
1. @@NAME@@ is reeling from a spate of recent blackouts and power shortages.
2. 'Nuclear power plant' is the most common symbol on @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@ OS maps.
3. Many in @@NAME@@ are still wondering when the lights will turn on.
4. @@DEMONYMPLURAL@@'s are very scared about the number of army trucks showing up at their local nuclear power plant.
Last edited by Snoodum on Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Yours, God-Emperor Snudgeskooge, His Divine Imperial Majesty
May we civilise the world with an iron fist.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:59 am

Coal is also an option
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:19 am

Snoodum wrote:Description:Following the introduction of nuclear power to @@NAME@@, many have felt rather unstable about the whole situation.It's got to the point that a meeting has been called in your office.
This isn't a sufficient cause to trigger an issue. "Some people are griping about this" will happen over every political decision you ever make. There needs to be something more going on.

Unfortunately, #206 and #542 already cover the legitimate downsides of nuclear power and it doesn't look like you're adding anything to what those issues do.

Snoodum
Attaché

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Snoodum » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:06 am

Trotterdam wrote:
Snoodum wrote:Description:Following the introduction of nuclear power to @@NAME@@, many have felt rather unstable about the whole situation.It's got to the point that a meeting has been called in your office.
This isn't a sufficient cause to trigger an issue. "Some people are griping about this" will happen over every political decision you ever make. There needs to be something more going on.

Unfortunately, #206 and #542 already cover the legitimate downsides of nuclear power and it doesn't look like you're adding anything to what those issues do.

Thanks, I'll check them out and go from there.
Yours, God-Emperor Snudgeskooge, His Divine Imperial Majesty
May we civilise the world with an iron fist.

Return to Got Issues?