NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Mary HAD a Little Lamb

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Mary HAD a Little Lamb

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:49 pm

Hello, it's me again, Manson. My apologies, I know this is extremely messy and needs some more work, I just didn't know where to continue from what I had already written. Also, I haven't written an issue in nearly 2 years, so, that being said, enjoy.

NOTE: This is draft two. Aclion made a lot of changes so it'd be nice if he could be listed as a co-author if possible.

Description: The national press is aboil with the story of Rainbow Sparkle Fuzzy Fleece III, a pet lamb that has wandered onto @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@'s Field, an artillery training range in rural @@NAME@@. The lamb has been lost in the field for three days now, and its owner, Mary Bo-Peep, along with the media, has been pleading with the government to rescue it.

Option #1: "It's fleece was as white as snow," sobs the distraught shepherd girl. "Everywhere I went it would go! Now, all I have I have is this worthless herding staff! How can I call myself a shepherd? Please, @@LEADER@@, find Rainbow Sparkle Fuzzy Fleece III and bring him back to me. I beg of you!"

Effect #1: The nation's entire military is deployed regularly to rescue lost pets.

Option #2: "Out of the question!" Retorts Brigadier General Geoffrey Hastings. "That field is littered with unexploded ordinance. You'd need a corps of engineers with mine detecting equipment to clear a path to the thing, a detachment from the veterinary corps with tranquilizers and a helicopter with a winch to extract it. It would cost hundreds of thousands of @@Currency@@ Besides, it will starve to death within the week, if it doesn't get blown up first. Then this whole matter will blow over."

Effect #2: the government sees compassion as a waste of money.

Option #3: "Well, I'm sure there's a much more painless solution to this," states your Minister of Agriculture. "Why don't we just buy the girl a new lamb and say it's the same one? Seems like it'd save us a lot of money and the girl a lot of sleepless nights. So, whaddya say?"

Effect #3: Politicians are found to be more corrupt than usual regarding animal rights.

Option #4: "You know what? I think I may have an idea!" Proclaims your uncle, who is also the owner of numerous successful chain restaurants throughout @@NATION@@. "I don't think we should waste the meat. How about we wait for it to keel over and then airlift the corpse out of here and to my new restaurant? Lamb Kebabs sound great right now!"
Effect #4: Deceased pets are routinely buried in doggie bags.

DRAFT #1
Description: After the recent disappearance of a popular shepherd girl's pet lamb, the nation has jumped into a cataclysmic and chaotic state that could be likened to a civil war or a revolution.

Option #1: "It's fleece was as white as snow," sobs the distraught shepherd girl. "Everywhere I went it would go! Now, all I have I have is this worthless herding staff! How can I call myself a shepherd? Please, @@LEADER@@, find Rainbow Sparkle Fuzzy Fleece III and bring him back to me. I beg of you!"

Effect #1: The nation's entire military is deployed regularly to rescue lost pets.

Option #2: Shortly after the shepherd girl's tearful departure, a kooky and scraggly-looking man is dragged into your office, clutching a large duffel bag. "I said, hands off," he shrieks at your twin bouncers before approaching your desk. "Hey, a little birdie, I mean, little lamb told me you're looking for that dumb mutton chop. Well, look no further! I killed it! Damn, I hated that hooved demon. It would bleat and bleat and bleat every single morning, the whole town could hear it! I don't see how you all were so infatuated with the thing," he madly mutters as he unzips the bag to reveal the bloody wool of Rainbow Fuzzy Fleece III. "What are you doing, don't just stand there! Cuff me!"

Effect #2: Flushing a pet goldfish down a toilet is considered a capital offense.

Option #3: "Well, I'm sure there's a much more painless solution to this," states your Minister of Agriculture. "Why don't we just buy the girl a new lamb and say it's the same one and arrest this nutcase?" He says while pointing to the other man in the room. "Seems like it'd save us a lot of money and the girl a lot of sleepless nights. So, whaddya say?"

Effect #3: Politicians are found to be more corrupt than usual regarding animal rights.

Option #4: "Or, hear me out, death can be a thing of the past! We can clone the dead lamb using the wool in that sicko's duffel bag and return the lamb safely to the girl. Seems like a win-win," says your ambitious cleaning lady. "And after that's settled, we can let this psycho, I mean, reasonable civilian, go free."

Effect #4: Deceased animals are routinely cloned.
Last edited by Marilyn Manson Freaks on Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Superbunny
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Superbunny » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:22 pm

The second option (or at least how I'm reading it) at first seems to be a choice that agrees with the old man, that the sheep should've been murdered, but the effect text afterwards says otherwise.
-Queen Ashley Ninelives the First
Anthropomorphic Cat Queen of Superbunny

The East won the West not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in giving native tribes fatal illness. Easterners often forget this fact; non-Easterners never do.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Thu Jun 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Superbunny wrote:The second option (or at least how I'm reading it) at first seems to be a choice that agrees with the old man, that the sheep should've been murdered, but the effect text afterwards says otherwise.

I meant it to sound like the man was imprisoned and put to death for the killing of the lamb.

Also, alternative title: Lamb to the Slaughter

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:26 pm

I'm torn. On one hand, it's a cute issue, but on the other hand...

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:Description: After the recent disappearance of a popular shepherd girl's pet lamb, the nation has jumped into a cataclysmic and chaotic state that could be likened to a civil war or a revolution.

...Why? I want to like the whimsical referential premise, but the description goes up to 11 way too fast.
Issues Authored
Want to Write an Issue? Start Here.
Song of the Day. (Periodically changed)

Do More with the Thalmor: All profits go to the Eradication of Talos Worship

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:34 pm

Altmer Dominion wrote:I'm torn. On one hand, it's a cute issue, but on the other hand...

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:Description: After the recent disappearance of a popular shepherd girl's pet lamb, the nation has jumped into a cataclysmic and chaotic state that could be likened to a civil war or a revolution.

...Why? I want to like the whimsical referential premise, but the description goes up to 11 way too fast.

The lamb is beloved! That's enough! :P

But seriously, I'm trying to think of how to reword it. Possibly a reality TV show thing? I'm not sure.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Superbunny
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 08, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Superbunny » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:37 pm

Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:
Altmer Dominion wrote:I'm torn. On one hand, it's a cute issue, but on the other hand...

The lamb is beloved! That's enough! :P

But seriously, I'm trying to think of how to reword it. Possibly a reality TV show thing? I'm not sure.

Maybe have the lamb be a symbol of some sort of Animal Rights movement, and the old man be the leader of an opposing extremist Anti-Animal Rights movement. Give some reason as to why an entire nation is fired up about this.
Last edited by Superbunny on Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Queen Ashley Ninelives the First
Anthropomorphic Cat Queen of Superbunny

The East won the West not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in giving native tribes fatal illness. Easterners often forget this fact; non-Easterners never do.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:39 pm

How are we expected to find and return the sheep if we know it's been killed?
Last edited by Aclion on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:41 pm

Aclion wrote:How are we expected to find and return the sheep if we know it's been killed?

That is actually a really good point. ;)
Issues Authored
Want to Write an Issue? Start Here.
Song of the Day. (Periodically changed)

Do More with the Thalmor: All profits go to the Eradication of Talos Worship

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:59 pm

Option 2- "Hey @@LEADER@@, want some of my BBQ, oh, uh..."

Moving on, why should @@LEADER@@ care?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:04 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Option 2- "Hey @@LEADER@@, want some of my BBQ, oh, uh..."

Because it's the nation's beloved lamb and everyone's in an uproar, of course! :P

Altmer Dominion wrote:
Aclion wrote:How are we expected to find and return the sheep if we know it's been killed?

That is actually a really good point. ;)

Yeah, a great point. I'll be making edits tomorrow. :P

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:16 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Option 2- "Hey @@LEADER@@, want some of my BBQ, oh, uh..."

Because it's the nation's beloved lamb

??? I'm sorry, what?
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Lobosias
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lobosias » Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:53 pm

"why would they care?" Have y'all never seen how a large amount of people have gotten up in arms about less than important stuff like this in the past? This aspect doesn't seem too far fetched to me, imo.
Go vegan

owo uwu

Aclion
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:05 pm

Lobosias wrote:"why would they care?" Have y'all never seen how a large amount of people have gotten up in arms about less than important stuff like this in the past? This aspect doesn't seem too far fetched to me, imo.

It actually reminds me a lot of an episode of Yes Minister. I've rewritten it based on that, though i'm not sure it's the same issue anymore.

[box]Description: The national press is aboil with the story of Rainbow Sparkle Fuzzy Fleece III, a pet lamb that has wandered onto @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@'s Field, an artillery training range in rural @@NAME@@. The lamb has been lost in the field for three days now, and it's owner (some little boe peep pun goes here), along with the media has been pleading with the government to rescue it.

Option #2: "Out of the question!" Retorts Brigadier General @@RANDOMNAME@@ "That field is littered with unexploded ordinance. You'd need a corps of engineers with mine detecting equipment to clear a path to the thing, a detachment from the veterinary corps with tranquilizers and a helicopter with a winch to extract it. It would cost hundreds of thousand of @@Currency@@ Besides. It will starve to death within the week, if it doesn't get blown up first. Then this whole matter will blow over."

Option #3: "Well, I'm sure there's a much more painless solution to this," states your Minister of Agriculture. "Why don't we just buy the girl a new lamb and say it's the same one? Seems like it'd save us a lot of money and the girl a lot of sleepless nights. So, whaddya say?"

Option #4: "Or, hear me out, death can be a thing of the past! We can clone the dead lamb using the wool in that sicko's duffel bag and return the lamb safely to the girl. Seems like a win-win," says your ambitious cleaning lady. "And after that's settled, we can let this psycho, I mean, reasonable civilian, go free."

Last edited by Aclion on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:28 pm

Hm, I actually love your changes, Aclion. Mind if I use them and edit them to fit a little better?

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:49 pm

[box]Description: The national press is aboil with the story of Rainbow Sparkle Fuzzy Fleece III, a pet lamb that has wandered onto @@RANDOMLASTNAME@@'s Field, an artillery training range in rural @@NAME@@. The lamb has been lost in the field for three days now, and it's owner (some little boe peep pun goes here), along with the media has been pleading with the government to rescue it.

Validity: Co-authors Marilyn Manson Freaks and Aclion, must allow pets

Option #2: "Out of the question!" Retorts Brigadier General @@RANDOMNAME@@ "That field is littered with unexploded ordinance. You'd need a corps of engineers with mine detecting equipment to clear a path to the thing, a detachment from the veterinary corps with tranquilizers and a helicopter with a winch to extract it. It would cost hundreds of thousand of @@Currency@@ Besides. It will starve to death within the week, if it doesn't get blown up first. Then this whole matter will blow over."

Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:59 am

Description: After the recent disappearance of a popular shepherd girl's pet lamb, the nation has jumped into a cataclysmic and chaotic state that could be likened to a civil war or a revolution.

Agree that the premise needs more. Aside from the above suggestions, some other approaches you could take for this title:

- Outbreak scenario, where the CDC has lost track of a lamb infected with some incredibly contagious disease.
- Bestiality.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:24 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Agree that the premise needs more. Aside from the above suggestions, some other approaches you could take for this title:

- Outbreak scenario, where the CDC has lost track of a lamb infected with some incredibly contagious disease.
- Bestiality.

- Religion: It's a major faith's designated [specially-raised?] symbolic/sacred "lamb of god", which features in some important procession or other rite.
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:57 am

I'm really happy to see you come back to issues writing, since you seem to be good at it, but I agree with others that the premise is not quite clicking. Is this really a national issue?
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:47 am

USS Monitor wrote:I'm really happy to see you come back to issues writing, since you seem to be good at it, but I agree with others that the premise is not quite clicking. Is this really a national issue?

So, pretty much this idea came to me when I was thinking of strange issues. I instantly just thought of making the most absurd and odd issue possible. :P

It definitely needs a lot of tweaking, but I'm sure it can be something. The crazier, the better, in my opinion.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:50 am

USS Monitor wrote:I'm really happy to see you come back to issues writing, since you seem to be good at it, but I agree with others that the premise is not quite clicking. Is this really a national issue?

So, pretty much this idea came to me when I was thinking of strange issues. I instantly just thought of making the most absurd and odd issue possible. :P

It definitely needs a lot of tweaking, but I'm sure it can be something. The crazier, the better, in my opinion.

Absurdity is good. It just needs to be clearer how it became an issue of national importance.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Aclion
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:27 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:

Agree that the premise needs more. Aside from the above suggestions, some other approaches you could take for this title:

Plague lambs :o
( damn, what was the runescape quest about sheep with the plague?)
Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:Hm, I actually love your changes, Aclion. Mind if I use them and edit them to fit a little better?

Of course.

I'm not sure if coauthors are a thing for issue but if so i'd like that)
Last edited by Aclion on Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:23 pm

Aclion wrote:

( damn, what was the runescape quest about sheep with the plague?)
Marilyn Manson Freaks wrote:Hm, I actually love your changes, Aclion. Mind if I use them and edit them to fit a little better?

Of course.

I'm not sure if coauthors are a thing for issue but if so i'd like that)

Sounds good to me.

By the way, everyone, I've been pretty busy today and haven't had time to edit this. I'll work on it ASAP, most likely tomorrow.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:04 am

Aclion wrote:

Old NS proposal: Mad Sheep Railgun.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Logophilia Lyricalia
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 27, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Logophilia Lyricalia » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:23 pm

I should point out that Option 4 no longer makes sense, as with the total refactoring of Option 2, there is no longer a bloody coat of wool in any sicko's duffel bag from which to clone the thing.

Maybe Mary throws her shepherd crook in a fit of anguish and your Minister of Really Creepy Research picks it up and starts picking at it with tweezers and an Erlenmeyer flask?
Spreading cynical idealism since... well, a while ago now.

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:34 pm

Sorry, I've been quite busy and remembered this thread. Sorry. :P

I've edited Option #4 to make sense, it's a bit kooky though and I'm unsure about it. I like the effect but the option may be too much of a stretch.

Option #4: "You know what? I think I may have an idea!" Proclaims your uncle, who is also the owner of numerous successful chain restaurants throughout @@NATION@@. "I don't think we should waste the meat. How about we wait for it to keel over and then airlift the corpse out of here and to my new restaurant? Lamb Kebabs sound great right about now!"
Effect #4: Deceased pets are routinely buried in doggie bags.

Jobs & Positions
NRO Stooge

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?