NATION

PASSWORD

My nation's description does not align to its statistics

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Norniko
Civilian

Founded: Feb 23, 2019
Ex-Nation

My nation's description does not align to its statistics

Postby Norniko » Sun May 19, 2019 6:58 pm

My nation's description has the line "the...population...have some civil rights but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money how they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often" However my civil rights and political freedoms are both rated excellent, and one of the things my country is notable for is "daily referendums", so what gives?

One of the first things you will probably notice about my nation state is that the population are enslaved, this is due to an unexpected consequence of an issue I must have not read properly months ago and I'm still waiting for the opportunity to redress this... is this related?

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun May 19, 2019 8:14 pm

There are ratings above Excellent. There's Superb, World Benchmark, Excessive, and finally Frightening (for civil rights) or Widely Abused and Corrupted (for political freedoms).

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Sun May 19, 2019 8:16 pm

Before continuing, it's worth saying here that "excellent" is not actually the highest rights range. "Excessive" and "Widely Abused" are among the higher ones.

However, your nation's description -- although related to your freedom levels -- is programmed automatically according with the nation type you have. The nation description you see -- "some civil rights but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money how they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often" -- is linked automatically to the type "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".

There are 27 types of nation, each aligned with freedom levels and linked automatically with a programmed description. Please see this post for more information.

While answering issues does impact your freedoms, policies do not permanently impact your stats and it is possible to recover them through other issues, even while maintaining the policy. It is possible to have high civil-rights -- depending on how you answer other issues -- even with nations with slavery.

There are also three issues that reverse slavery, #254, #898, and #1196.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Sun May 19, 2019 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Return to Got Issues?