NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Side Effects Might Vary

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

[DRAFT] Side Effects Might Vary

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Fri May 17, 2019 1:12 pm

OOC: Based on an idea from a year ago, while brainstorming. This is my second attempt at an issue, so I would need some advice to change this up, since I do see some flaws.

Prerequisite: Nation's tech is a recommended average level or of MT.

The Issue: After a hard day of resolving issues, you decided to cozy over to a nice comfy chair and turn on your television. After watching your favorite show, it then cuts to a commercial for what seems like a drug advert.

1. "Are you suffering from a running nose? Do headaches frequently appear at the worst of times? Are you suffering from depression?", asks a narrator as some sick-looking person appears on the screen, where they look unhappy, until the drug that is being advertised appears. "Well, a solution is now available! With Resnidyl!" As another narrator appears to describe the side-effects with some appearing fatal, happy-looking images and clips distract you from listening or reading the side-effects.

Result: Side effects may vary: such as weight gain, nausea, hair loss, diarrhea or death. Consult a doctor if effects worsen.

2. "You watching your commercials, @@LEADER@@?", said your Minister of Health @@RANDOMNAME@@, who somehow appears at your door and rewinds back to the commercial to show you the side-effects. "Didn't you hear what those side effects describe? Those prescription drug companies like to steer you away from the side-effects, just like many other people who think buying medicine from television would be harmless. I suggest an solution. The real professionals than those drug sellers are actual doctors. We need to get people to consult towards doctors than commercials! They might give them the drug anyways to patients, but they have better knowledge on what doses to prescribe them."

Result: Pharmacies are being a bit busy than usual.

3. "There's a different scope of the problem.", said a professional doctor @@RANDOMNAME@@, who checks your heart with a stethoscope. "Sometimes, they advertise prescription drugs like candy. While many people tend to have common sense in knowing the difference, we still need to help the ones who don't. A recommended course of action would be adding warning labels to remind people that what they swallowing isn't colored chocolate."

Result: Warning labels have started appearing on every new prescription.

4. "Come on, @@LEADER@@! Our drug doesn't kill people!", an executive from the company that makes Resnidyl @@RANDOMNAME@@ appears to give you a counterclaim. "Our drug is designed to help people. Fair and simple. The thing is we had only released Resnidyl today and our sales are currently appearing. There has been zero incidents or negative events related to Resnidyl! I got an idea for you, @@LEADER@@! Why don't you help sell our product? We can give you a free trial and you can convince some of the sketchy quacks that we're ain't selling snake oil!" @@HE@@ offers to you, as @@HE@@ starts to get a stack of @@CURRENCY@@ ready, if you're not convinced.

Result: @@LEADER@@ recommends Resnidyl as their number one solution to get well! Order now!
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Fri May 17, 2019 2:39 pm

Issue outcomes are only one sentence, I don’t know if there are any exceptions.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun May 19, 2019 11:02 pm

Description- drugs or medication. Prescription or over-the-counter
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon May 20, 2019 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon May 20, 2019 2:44 am

The Issue: After a hard day of resolving issues, you decided to cozy over to a nice comfy chair and turn on your television. After watching your favorite show, it then cuts to a commercial for what seems like a drug advert.

The narrative experimentation is interesting, but not working here. I suggest that the opening text should include the actual dilemma.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Devil Heart
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 07, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Devil Heart » Wed May 22, 2019 3:17 pm

Main Nation Ministry wrote:As another narrator appears to describe the side-effects with some appearing fatal, happy-looking images and clips distract you from listening or reading the side-effects.

I was a little muddled by this sentence at first, I think because the narrator appears - apparently with an overlay/midst/alongside of images of healthy well-being. Or that at least was what my muddled brain was trying to do with it. Perhaps describe the narrator as a background voice-over (rather than appearing) to the happy and healthy image slide-show?

Return to Got Issues?