NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Quarantine Quandry

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:35 am

What caused the neglect, and why is this the first time it's happened?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Woods Is Back
Envoy

Founded: Sep 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Woods Is Back » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:01 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:What caused the neglect, and why is this the first time it's happened?

I changed the premise. Is it better? I can't decide.
”I’ve always been leery of the United Nations. The very concept is comically dichotomous. Nations putting their self-interests aside in the hopes of building a global community, holding hands and Kumbaya? I mean, honestly, it’s like kindergarten. Do you have rug time? I did love rug time.”

-Raymond Reddington

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:40 am

Why has this been allowed to happen on 5 isolated occassions?
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Woods Is Back
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Woods Is Back » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:36 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Why has this been allowed to happen on 5 isolated occassions?

I understand what you're saying, but I can't think of a solution...

Do you have one?
”I’ve always been leery of the United Nations. The very concept is comically dichotomous. Nations putting their self-interests aside in the hopes of building a global community, holding hands and Kumbaya? I mean, honestly, it’s like kindergarten. Do you have rug time? I did love rug time.”

-Raymond Reddington

Krogon
Envoy

Founded: May 25, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krogon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:46 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Why has this been allowed to happen on 5 isolated occassions?

I agree, why has this been allowed on 5 separate occasions?
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/01/health/m ... index.html

Great Nortend
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Great Nortend » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:50 am

I'm not sure neglect can be characterised as a mistake. More a dereliction of duty but that's too wordy. Incident?
News from Great Nortend : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417866
Diplomacy, Consulates &c. : https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=417865

This nation is an exaggerated representation of my personal views in most areas.

Woods Is Back
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Woods Is Back » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:59 am

Krogon wrote:

I agree, why has this been allowed on 5 separate occasions?
https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/01/health/m ... index.html

I added that there has been mistakes but no deaths- until now.

Does that clear it up?

-Raymond Reddington

Krogon
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krogon » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:27 am

I'd say get rid of "the first death," as it's clunky and grammatically incorrect.

Woods Is Back
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Woods Is Back » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:51 am

Krogon wrote:I'd say get rid of "the first death," as it's clunky and grammatically incorrect.

Fixed, thanks.

-Raymond Reddington

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:03 pm

Great issue idea!

Personally I'd reword the opening to be something more along the lines of this:

Yesterday, several dozen immigrants from the nation of Brasilistan were released from @@DENONYM@@ quarantine. However, reports have emerged that two children died because of neglect from the quarantine officers in the three weeks that they were confined. After several such mistakes, the issue has been brought to your attention.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Woods Is Back
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Woods Is Back » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Chan Island wrote:Great issue idea!

Personally I'd reword the opening to be something more along the lines of this:

Yesterday, several dozen immigrants from the nation of Brasilistan were released from @@DENONYM@@ quarantine. However, reports have emerged that two children died because of neglect from the quarantine officers in the three weeks that they were confined. After several such mistakes, the issue has been brought to your attention.

Thanks!

That is great! Thank you!

-Raymond Reddington

Krogon
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krogon » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:17 am

I would add the word facility after "quarantine" in the 2nd fallout.

Woods Is Back
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Woods Is Back » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:17 am

Krogon wrote:I would add the word facility after "quarantine" in the 2nd fallout.

Fixed

-Raymond Reddington

Woods Is Back
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Woods Is Back » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:33 am

Do I wait for an issue editor to say "submit it", or what?

I never knew the answer. It would be much appreciated.
Last edited by Woods Is Back on Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Raymond Reddington

Krogon
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krogon » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:26 pm

Usually, wait 2 weeks to a month, or wait a week with no comments. If you really want, you can badger an editor, but they wouldn't appreciate that...

Woods Is Back
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Woods Is Back » Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:54 am

Krogon wrote:Usually, wait 2 weeks to a month, or wait a week with no comments. If you really want, you can badger an editor, but they wouldn't appreciate that...

This has been up for about 2 months.

This is Final Call.

-Raymond Reddington

Woods Is Back
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Woods Is Back » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:35 am

Final Final Call

-Raymond Reddington

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:29 am

Good Luck!

Woods Is Back
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Woods Is Back » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:00 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Good Luck!

Thanks!

-Raymond Reddington

Krogon
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krogon » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:53 pm

Good luck with this!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?