NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] The office war 2.0

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Necroviribus
Secretary

Founded: Mar 13, 2019
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] The office war 2.0

Postby Necroviribus » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:50 pm

Title: The office war

Description: You were watching the news when you notice a scary message, Bigtopia attack Smalltopia to gain Billions of @@CURRENCY@@, and now they're attacking Maxtopia, if they keep moving west, Bigtopia will soon attack @@NAME@@, so people migrate to your office so they can get a say.

Option: “So here's my plan,” says @@RANDOMMALENAME@@, a formal business man “To destroy both countries with WMDs!” he rips of his suit and has a torn up leather jacket underneath it. He gets a Molotov Cocktail and lights it on fire, he tosses it out of the window, and immediately police come inside and pull him out, "My point still stands!" he yells.

Effect: Bigtopia is about to declare nuclear war on @@NAME@@

Option: You see as anti-vaxxer enthusiast Karen walks in with a young boy in a dress.. “Okay, first we must get rid of Bigtopia's masculine. We will send them hundreds of vegan meals and essential oils, and tell them to get rid of their vaccines. This will make them stop killing animals for food, making them less blood thirsty and less masculine. Also, did you know i’m a vegan?” she says. The boy asks you, "Can you bring back daddy?" Karen pulls the kid out of the room.

Effect: all over @@REGION@@, @@NAME@@ becomes known as the “unvaccinated nation”

Option: “We bring our military to Bigtopia and Maxtopia, and we fight to keep us safe!” say’s a man with a @@NAME@@ flag in his left hand, and a whisky in the other. “This will teach ‘em who’s the real boss! We send all our troops!”

Effect: children cry of joy to see they still have one of their parents left

Option: @@RANDOMNAME@@ walks in, with @@NAME@@ flag in his @@HIS@@ hand. "We need to send all of our men, women, and children, to the military. The bigger the military, the..." @@HE@@ pauses for a moment to think. "The bigger the... aw forget it! What we need to do is put everyone in the military, everyone! Even i'll join in!"
Effect: children cry of joy to see they still have one parent left.
Last edited by Necroviribus on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:11 am

Why would said war effect @@NAME@@?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Necroviribus » Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:17 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Why would said war effect @@NAME@@?

I'll edit it to make it more easy to understand.
Last edited by Necroviribus on Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:50 am

This is really bad.

I can see you're trying really hard, but there's no way this can work without changing pretty much everything.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Necroviribus » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:50 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:This is really bad.

I can see you're trying really hard, but there's no way this can work without changing pretty much everything.

That's fair. I'll just take a break from issue writing, maybe try to learn how to make better issues. Thanks!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:42 pm

Necroviribus wrote:
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:This is really bad.

That's fair. I'll just take a break from issue writing, maybe try to learn how to make better issues. Thanks!

Don't be discouraged. This is orders of magnitude better than my first draft. Orders of magnitude. And now more than 1% of all issues are published in my name. You just need to accept feedback, work on feedback, and improve with time
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:44 pm

Let's look at this issue slowly:

Bigtopia and Maxtopia are at war due to greed- Okay, so what are they fighting over?
@@NAME@@ is geographically located between Maxtopia and Bigtopia, correct?
And because of this, everyone is panicking?

Klorgia1
Envoy

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Klorgia1 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:48 pm

I really like the overall idea, being caught in the middle of a war between nations, but I think you need to change the options given to deal with this.

That sums this up in a nutshell.
Last edited by Klorgia1 on Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
News: This Sig Still Exists.

Devil Heart
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 07, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Devil Heart » Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:45 pm

I too hope you'll be back soon Necroviribus.
I've also only just begun on this issue writing journey and would value your presence as we all have the fun times writing up a storm together.

Wow, the ideas you have for this one issue are wild, a terrific place to start.
Too many possibilities are a tonne better than none.
A place for each of the ideas that follows the curves like a puzzle alongside each one of the others is what is needed now.
You could (if you want to) start with the description on it's own perhaps, taking the questions Australian rePublic offered about it for a bit of inspiration?

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:41 am

If you do take another crack at issues-writing, you should stick to a more conventional structure and a more realistic depiction of how governments work.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:58 am

Listen more to others, not curmudgeonly old me. I can confirm that Aussie Republic is right - he has indeed done drafts orders of magnitude worse than this one. And look at how many issues he has authored now.

Maybe look to co-author with an existing author, and they'll help you present something more in the usual mould.
Last edited by Candlewhisper Archive on Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:43 pm

I'm putting this in a special list subcategory regardless. Even if the quality as an issue is pretty wretched,
I've gotta say that it's a pretty dang enjoyable read. :rofl:
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Necroviribus
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Necroviribus » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:27 pm

I wasn't expecting to get so much people telling me to keep the issue, I thank everyone so much, The Candel Whisperer Archive, Jutsa, The Sherpa Empire, The Devil Heart, Klorgia1, and The Australian RePublic. You are all so helpful and nice. I will change the issue, and make it more easy to understand. I nearly shed tears when reading everyone's encouragement, you people are so nice, really.
Last edited by Necroviribus on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?