NATION

PASSWORD

[ACCEPTED] Cuy Bono?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:31 pm

Candensia wrote:Perhaps just a simple trim, then?

A morning meeting with some of your ministers is just starting when your sister @@RANDOMFORENAMEFEMALE@@ bursts into the room, complaining about how, when her family went out to dinner at a fashionable new Titicacan restaurant yesterday evening, her young daughter was brought to tears by finding guinea-pig on the menu.

So that would be replacing
bursts into the room and into an angry complaint about how,
with
bursts into the room, complaining about how,
? Hr'rmm, I still think that my wording is better: It makes it clearer that she begins the complaint after entering the room, instead of being already part-way into it by that point, and I think that the inclusion of "angry" helps to justify the fact of her intrusion... Still, this is a detail that an editor editing this draft after its submission could change easily enough if they felt like doing so: I think that I'll leave it for whichever editor picks this project up at that stage (assuming that one does do so, of course...) to make the change if they prefer the slightly shortened version.

Resumes countdown: "Three..."
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:09 pm

Bears Armed wrote:Resumes countdown: "Three..."

"Two..."
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Dabarastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dabarastan » Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:35 am

Bears Armed wrote: First, people eat the flesh of ‘domestic livestock’, then they eat the flesh of animals traditionally been kept just as pets

This is a bit pedantic and I assume it would be picked up in editing anyway, but I think this should be replaced with one of the following:

First, people eat the flesh of ‘domestic livestock’, then they eat the flesh of animals who have traditionally been kept just as pets…

First, people eat the flesh of ‘domestic livestock’, then they eat the flesh of animals traditionally kept just as pets...

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:07 am

Dabarastan wrote:
Bears Armed wrote: First, people eat the flesh of ‘domestic livestock’, then they eat the flesh of animals traditionally been kept just as pets

This is a bit pedantic and I assume it would be picked up in editing anyway, but I think this should be replaced with one of the following:

First, people eat the flesh of ‘domestic livestock’, then they eat the flesh of animals who have traditionally been kept just as pets…

First, people eat the flesh of ‘domestic livestock’, then they eat the flesh of animals traditionally kept just as pets...

I'm thinking about this.

EDIT: dropping the word "been", which probably was left in there until now only by accident anyway, from the bit about "kept just as pets".

And _
"One..."
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:18 pm

And...
Submitted, with the two small modifications already mentioned, as my Contest Entry.

Dabarastan
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Dabarastan » Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:19 pm

Bears Armed wrote:And...
Submitted, with the two small modifications already mentioned, as my Contest Entry.

Best of luck.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:00 am

Dabarastan wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:And...

Best of luck.

Thank you.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:18 am

YEA YOU!!!
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:25 am

Australian rePublic wrote:YEA YOU!!!

ὁ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:05 am

The Marsupial Illuminati wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:YEA YOU!!!

What? He/she said that it was accepted
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?