NATION

PASSWORD

[DISCARDED] When Push Comes To Shove

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

[DISCARDED] When Push Comes To Shove

Postby Jutsa » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:00 pm

Going to post the last draft I've made since my authoring spree kicked back up. Hope it's a fun enough one. :)

Title: When Push Comes To Shove
The Issue: With more criminals ending up in hospitals, it's no wonder the death of @@RANDOMNAME@@, due to a public whipping, has sparked a major debate as to whether there should be a limit on how brutal corporal punishment should be.
Validity: Corporal Punishment; Adult

Option 1: "Is it my fault that I got a little carried away with my whip, or that @@HE_1@@ had such soft skin?" asks public flogger @@RANDOMNAME@@, wiping @@HIS@@ ginsu knife with a scarlet rag. "@@HE@@ wouldn't have died had there been some medical staff nearby! A trained doctor should be around every public flogging to stitch 'em up afterwards!"
[effect] surgery after corporal punishment is really the hard part

Option 2: "We should be enforcing stricter limits on how hard someone can be punished," suggests blood-stained nurse @@RANDOMNAME@@, flipping through a large sheeth of pain indication papers marked with tens. "After all, we shouldn't be left with more poking and prodding to do simply because these pencil pushers can't keep things civil."
[effect] a pat on the back is considered sufficient punishment for crimes

Option 3: "Thanks to you and corporal punishment, this poor @@MAN_1@@ is now dead," says your Minister of Law and Order, before giggling, "and that is terrific! Picture it now, everyone will be so scared of actually being tortured to death that they won't commit a crime ever again! I love it. With you're go-ahead, we'll make floggers up the pain and give this genius executioner a killer medal!"
[effect] justice knows no pain
NOTE: May require a second variant depending on how this is coded for nations with vs. without capital punishment.
Last edited by Jutsa on Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:55 am

I see there's a slightly different angle, but it reads too similarly to #494.

Maybe change the punishment from flogging to something entirely distinct (like timed suffocation), and focus on the accidental death.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:16 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Maybe change the punishment from flogging to something entirely distinct (like timed suffocation),
That sounds a lot like #487.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:42 am

Trotterdam wrote:
Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Maybe change the punishment from flogging to something entirely distinct (like timed suffocation),
That sounds a lot like #487.

You're right.

Hard to find an angle that doesn't overlap here, eh?
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:56 am

Oh snap! You're right, 497 does in fact have a dead person in it!

Oof. Alrighty, scrapping this. Was a lot of fun to make though. :lol:

(feel free to scrap this for parts.)
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Return to Got Issues?