NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Closed AI

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
The Navajo Indians
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Closed AI

Postby The Navajo Indians » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:56 pm

Based on the recent Open AI text generator thing.

Title: Closed AI

Validity: Nations with AI, Computers, Technology

Description:
Tech entrepreneur Balon Musks' company VisibleAI has come under criticism from the Deep Learning community after publicly announcing to not release their newest artificial intelligence "VPC-2" because of being allegedly too smart to let into the public's hands.

OPTION 1
Musk walks into your office, looking slightly annoyed. “I don't see that problem here. VPC-2 is just too dangerous in the hands of.. ‘highly astute netizens’,” he says, forcing them words out of his mouth. “It wrote a somehow convincing article about scientists discovering a woolly @@ANIMAL@@ in that midsts of the Lilliputian Jungle for Violet’s sake. Just leave the dangerous AI in that hands of that professionals, please.”
Fallout: revolutionary programs are

OPTION 2
“Well excuse us people of the Internet for wanting to have a bit of fun with a cool text generator,” amateur programmer @@RANDOMNAME@@ scoffs. “That VDC-2 thing or whatever is perfectly fine in the hands of us trustworthy people. I'm sure we would all restrain ourselves from getting out of hand with it.”
Fallout: people are fooled by online articles claiming proof of @@LEADER@@’s romantic relationship with the leader of Marche Noire

OPTION 3
@@RANDOMNAME@@, CEO of Vow Jones & Co., who owns popular news publisher Hall Avenue Journal, speaks out. “If this intelligence can write convincing text, why not just hand it over to news outlets for articles? We could pump out more stories faster without sacrificing to the quality! Hand-typed journalism will probably die out, but hey, writers like them could probably get some other jobs.”
Fallout: journalists are found writing blog posts and working in retail

OPTION 4
“As always, I've got an idea,” your dangerously patriotic Minister of Chaotic Alternative Solutions proclaims. “We could always get VisibleAI to give us VPC-2 and publish some jabs at other nations. Maybe even toss a bit of propaganda in it. All for the glory of our nation!
Fallout: @@DEMONYM@@s are led to believe countries like Brancland are fascist dictatorships in well written pieces

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:59 pm

Why should the government care?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

The Navajo Indians
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Navajo Indians » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:31 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Why should the government care?

This feels like a silly question considering most NationStates issues.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:47 pm

The Navajo Indians wrote:

This feels like a silly question considering most NationStates issues.

It's a legitimate question. There are issues that ask about trivial things, but they explain how @@LEADER@@ got dragged into making a decision.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Socio Polor
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Socio Polor » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:05 pm

Honestly, I can sorta see the government getting involved in a issue such as this, especially if it's regarding some particular advancement or situation in a particular industry. Also for the OP you forgot to finish the first effect line

Return to Got Issues?