NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT / IDEA?] Parent Numero Uno? / I am Number One

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

[DRAFT / IDEA?] Parent Numero Uno? / I am Number One

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:44 am

[title] Parent Numero Uno? / I am Number One. [I need help choosing which one]

[validity] Same-Sex Marriage/Relationship Allowed, Allow Same-Sex Adoption.

[desc] After allowing same-sex marriage, there was an influx of same-sex parents and adopters complaining to you about the marriage and adoption form. The problem? The parental fields still state “Father” and “Mother” in black and white. You have been bothered about this issue in your office, in turn filled with wailing infants and their new parents trying to comfort them.

[option 1] ”Well, well, would you look at that!” exclaims @@RANDOMFEMALENAME@@, with a kid in tow and slamming down the Adoption Form 169A onto your desk, “Mother and Father? Why do we even have that, may I ask? Sure, this was way before homosexual relationships were legalised or recognised, but we live in the modern era and I say that this Mother and Father thing needs to be struck out now! Might I suggest Parent A and Parent B, for that matter?” @@SHE@@ leans forward and whispers to you, “After all, both you and I know that I am the Parent Alpha, if you know what I mean.”
[effect] children only heard and know about their “secondary parent” through stories and legends

[option 2] ”Now wait just a darn minute over here!” interjects @@RANDOMMALENAME@@ and shoves everyone aside, before adjusting his glasses and clearing his throat, “What is it with all this Alpha and Beta talk once again? Are we seriously going to classify parents like we did back in high school? Ugh, my dearest @@LEADER@@, I got something rather elegant for you and your government bean counters. Look at this!” he gently lays out a piece of document on your desk, crumpled and torn at some parts, “Maxtopia’s Adoption Form! Look how elegant and simple it is! Just two Parent/Guardian fields, none of those Parent A, Parent B bull. While you are at it, perhaps you can make the ranking system for everything else meaningless? No more Alphas or Betas, no more first, second or thirds! Just you and me, and everyone being equal.”
[effect] businesses have a hard time choosing from a group of homogeneous candidates

[option 3] “@@LEADER@@, remember why all of this happened all over again!” yells out your advisor from across the room, while avoiding eye contact with the parents in the office, “Do you want these people to make such a fuss and embarrass out great nation again? What would the international press say when they heard that @@NATION@@ was bickering over so-so-some pointless exercise in frustration! You must prevent these kind of people from marrying at once! These people thought that they can just storm into the office like that, and you tell them that you don’t take into that nonsense!”
[effect] the homosexual couples have gone back into their closets to bid their undoing

And that was that for now. Inspired by that NSG thread, and after some discussion on Discord, I figured that I would put it here for evaluation, and hey, as a draft to submit if well-received and refined!
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:40 pm

Validity must allow homosexual adoptions
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:23 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Validity must allow homosexual adoptions

There's such a validity? Ahh, okay, thanks for the heads up!

Updated!
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:42 pm

I kinda feel like option 2's basically option 1 without an A or B.

I feel like a better idea would be to have option 2 be just one really long line for people who have really long names, single parents, or (mainly for polygamy relationships although "godfather" and "closest friend of the family" probably work too) more than two parents. :rofl:

Otherwise, not too shabby an idea to work with... certainly an interesting one, if a bit niche.

ed: I have no idea what forms irl uses tbh so I can't say that it's a valid issue with certainty, though.
Last edited by Jutsa on Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:02 am

The content of a single form seems like a question for some civil servant to deal with, not the higher echelons of government.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Postby Valentine Z » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:20 am

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:The content of a single form seems like a question for some civil servant to deal with, not the higher echelons of government.

Ahh, gotcha. So.. will this mean I have to write something like "the parents have been bugging your restless civil servants, until they eventually came to you for help"?

Or would this need a complete re-write, or abandoning?

As of now, I'm aware that Option 1 and 2 don't really have much of a difference, so I am trying to work on that as well. :P
Last edited by Valentine Z on Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Let Fate sort it out.

Return to Got Issues?