NATION

PASSWORD

New idea for an issue series

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Gondlaura
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

New idea for an issue series

Postby Gondlaura » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:02 am

I’ve been thinking, why hasn’t anyone laid the dead to rest... in space, would the body decay? Would it stay as it is forever? If so...

What if we got an issue to have the option to do this, putting dead people in space, then the next issue could be about over populating space with dead people and wat to do with them, including turning the dead into Saturn like rings around the world. The third or final issue would be again about over populating the ring and how now dead people are now falling from the sky and what to do about the rings.

This issue would deal with overpopulated world’s and high population nations. Depending on what you choose your economy would rise or fall and there could be riots for choosing the wrong option.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:11 am

Sending the dead into space sounds like it would be fodder for the crazy option of one issue (and we already have an issue on what to do with the dead -- #140 "A Grave Problem").

This idea seems to stretch credulity beyond the existing reality of the game. Additionally, we would never suggest any new would-be issues author attempt a series of issues.

Start with one issue, on one topic and work on it here over a period of weeks and months.

Also, in issues there are no "wrong" answers and results do not aim to penalise players for choosing an answer.

For more information on how to write an issue for NationStates, I suggest you read this guide.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

New Galactic States
Attaché

Founded: May 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby New Galactic States » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:45 am

This Is the most Unique Idea I’ve ever seen!

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:22 am

A few ultra-rich people have had tiny parts of their bodies sent into space. That's about the most anyone can afford. Space is too expensive for any kind of widespread space burial to be practical.

Currently it's not something governments have done any sort of legislation on. How people choose to dispose of their remains is for the most part a matter of personal choice (and what they can afford), and shouldn't be a government issue unless there is some clear reason why leaving people to their own devices is causing problems.

Return to Got Issues?