NATION

PASSWORD

How does my Policys effect my Nation?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

How does my Policys effect my Nation?

Postby Hystaria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 am

"mostly-benevolent dictator"

Why am i such, I allowed Democratic Prosses a while ago....Is it because i have a monarchy? Or?

Also how does the policy Sortition, cancel Devolution and native representation?
A [Tier:9 Level:1 Type:9
Power Comparator: (see below)5.2, according to this index.

(Please quote me in forums to find your response, please, that would be nice.)
Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
[spoiler= Official Allies]Bolkenia
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

I dont use NS states, I use factbooks.

Astoriya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoriya » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:01 am

Hystaria wrote:"mostly-benevolent dictator"

Why am i such, I allowed Democratic Prosses a while ago....Is it because i have a monarchy? Or?

Also how does the policy Sortition, cancel Devolution and native representation?

Think this belongs in the 'Technical forum...'

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 am

Astoriya wrote:

I KEEP MIS PLACING THINGS....

Trade with me, trade without Idelogys harming us, Money doesn't care what side you are on.
i swear my eternal service to the lasaga lord and wish to spread it to all i meet .
Kowani wrote:Hystaria. They’re both edgy, but only one of them is a special kind of edgy.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:16 am

Astoriya wrote:

No. 'Got Issues?' is the right place, because this is where the Issues Editors -- who know how these details work -- are most likely to see it.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:19 am

I thought it was right.

Thanks bear

Novgorod and Baltic Rus
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 04, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Novgorod and Baltic Rus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:26 am

Check out this diagram:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... _Graph.png

This shows what classification you fall under, relative to your Civil Rights, Political Freedom, and Economic Freedom.

If your question regarding "mostly-benevolent dictator" is about that sentence description of your nation, "is ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator", it is because, at the time, you were classified as a Benevolent Dictatorship -- as depicted on the diagram above. That means you have high civil rights and high economic freedoms, but still low economic freedoms. You can allow democracy, but if you were starting from a low enough political freedom stat, the bump that would give you may still not have been enough to raise it to the next level.

However, you are now a "Father Knows Best State". This means you lost some civil rights and economic freedoms. The classifications are mostly humorous and not meant to be taken all that seriously.

You can have the "Monarchy" policy, while still having high political freedoms. The fact that you have that policy, however, means that you took a decent hit to your political freedoms upon enacting it. But simply having a policy won't affect your classification. You can retain the Monarchy policy, and just work on answering issues that provide greater political freedoms, while avoiding cancelling your monarchy.

The "Sortition" policy negatively affects your political freedoms. It may sound fair, at first, but it really means removing your citizens ability to run for elections directly, because each office is chosen at random from among the citizenry. It's basically choosing numbers out of a hat to see who the new head of state will be. And this is why it removes "Devolution" -- the local districts cannot choose who will be in charge, because it will always be chosen at random.

I'm not sure about the justification behind it removing "Native Representation."

You will receive issues soon about restoring the right to vote, so don't worry. Choosing "Sortition" is likely what caused your dip in political freedoms, and it is easily reversed.

Astoriya
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 04, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Astoriya » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:29 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Astoriya wrote:Think this belongs in the 'Technical forum...'

No. 'Got Issues?' is the right place, because this is where the Issues Editors -- who know how these details work -- are most likely to see it.

I see - thought it was for help on making issues, for WA, etc.

:p thanks

Hystaria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Hystaria » Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:46 am

Thanks.

I wished that it gave me a better warning.

(Also I was already a monarchy before my name change, It was the devolution)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?