NATION

PASSWORD

[DISCARDED]Viva la Revolucion!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
South Ccanda
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DISCARDED]Viva la Revolucion!

Postby South Ccanda » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Wow, I haven't even gotten my first issue out and I already have another idea, this time based on the recent riots in France. This one is going to be great, I can already feel it.

[Title] Viva la Revolucion!

[Validity] Must allow protest, must not have high pacifism,

[Description] After a recent bill to raise gas prices in hopes of reducing @@NAMEPLURAL@@ carbon footprint, people have taken to the streets in a rather violent protest demanding something be done.

[Option 1] "@@Leader@@! How can you expect us to sit and be quiet about such an outrage?" shouts a random protester with a megaphone. "If @@LEADER@@ doesn't nullify this legislation, I'm gonna-!" The protester is knocked off their feet by a riot control officer.

[effect] any protester with a megaphone can get their way

[Option 2] "You want a Bepis Cranberry?!" says a scruffy vlogger handing out Bepis Cola to protesters and riot control officers, trying to bring everyone closer together. "@@Leader is right, don't you see? We have the largest carbon footprint in @@REGION@@! We should ban cars all together, for the sake of a better @@NAME@@."

[effect] people are willing to give up any freedom for a Bepis Cranberry

*NOTE* Option 3 is a WIP
[Option 3] "This is the start of a revolution!" states @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, your Minister of Defense. "We must bring in the military to disperse this crowd. Just think of what all they could destroy!
Last edited by South Ccanda on Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.
Updated on August 25th, 2020

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:31 pm

This seems but a more violent version of Issue #95.
Issues Authored
Want to Write an Issue? Start Here.
Song of the Day. (Periodically changed)

Do More with the Thalmor: All profits go to the Eradication of Talos Worship

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:59 pm

Altmer Dominion wrote:This seems but a more violent version of Issue #95.

may I ask hat Issue #95 is?
I am Center-Left Libertarian. (-3,-3) on the Political Compass. My friends call me Whiskey cause I was named after a bottle of Jack Daniel's.

I've been drowning myself in work, I just started Culinary School, and I recently got called a Boot Licker for thanking a veteran for their service. I'm sad that I have to witness the part of history where supporting Cops and Troops is seen and a radical ideology.

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:14 pm

South Ccanda wrote:
Altmer Dominion wrote:This seems but a more violent version of Issue #95.

may I ask hat Issue #95 is?

Painful Prices at the Pump.
Issues Authored
Want to Write an Issue? Start Here.
Song of the Day. (Periodically changed)

Do More with the Thalmor: All profits go to the Eradication of Talos Worship

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:22 pm

South Ccanda wrote:Wow, I haven't even gotten my first issue out and I already have another idea,

This is why people usually won't steal your ideas, because once you get going, it's pretty easy to think of ideas faster than you can draft issues. Regular authors often have a backlog of their own ideas that they haven't had time to finish yet.

Plus people just understand that it's tacky to steal someone else's ideas.
Last edited by USS Monitor on Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:23 pm

Altmer Dominion wrote:
South Ccanda wrote:may I ask hat Issue #95 is?

Painful Prices at the Pump.

well, I would say that my issue is different enough considering that in #95, gas price rise wasn't exactly state mandated like it s in my issue, as well as its not as violent or memetastic.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:24 pm

USS Monitor wrote:
South Ccanda wrote:Wow, I haven't even gotten my first issue out and I already have another idea,

This is why people usually won't steal your ideas, because once you get going, it's pretty easy to think of ideas faster than you can draft issues. Regular authors often have a backlog of their own ideas that they haven't had time to finish yet.

thank you, that does help the paranoia

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:29 pm

South Ccanda wrote:

well, I would say that my issue is different enough considering that in #95, gas price rise wasn't exactly state mandated like it s in my issue, as well as its not as violent or memetastic.

I think the overlap is a concern, and you should focus on your other draft, which had a more distinctive premise.
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:35 pm

I guess ill keep this safe then until I get my other issue out and then work on another premise to have a riot over.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:35 pm

South Ccanda wrote:I guess ill keep this safe then until I get my other issue out and then work on another premise to have a riot over.

Sounds good.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:22 am

USS Monitor wrote:This is why people usually won't steal your ideas, because once you get going, it's pretty easy to think of ideas faster than you can draft issues. Regular authors often have a backlog of their own ideas that they haven't had time to finish yet.

Also, the editors read this forum, so they'd probably notice if someone stole your idea.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:57 pm

Who's profiting from the price increase? Petrol stations? Taxation?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:49 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Who's profiting from the price increase? Petrol stations? Taxation?

a recent bill

Yeah, It's based heavily off the recent french riots.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:52 pm

Okay guys, since my last issue has been submitted, yet with no reply, I'm opening this issue back up to discussion. I've been on a break from the game and am very excited to get this on out there.

South Ccanda
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby South Ccanda » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:55 pm

I'm thinking of changing the riots to instead of being about rising gas prices, how about instead government conspiracy? I read up recently about a conspiracy theory that the USA is secretly burning California with high-energy lazers so that they can free up the space so they can resale it for profit.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?