NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] A Hot Ticket

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
New Ladavia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

[Draft] A Hot Ticket

Postby New Ladavia » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:26 pm

TIltle: A Hot Ticket

Description: After a Britney Speer concert in @@CAPITAL@@ went online on TicketPricer™, the whole concert was sold out within 5 seconds. An hour later your phone starts buzzing after it was discovered this was the work of scalper bots, bringing to light @@NAME@@'s policy on ticketing.

Validity: Does not have an AI planned economy/capitalist

The Debate:

Option 1: "Banning bots is nonsense" notes a voice coming from behind a puppet booth. " I bought these tickets fair and square with my hard earned money. I was planning to take my 1037 nieces to her concert. How do you think they will feel? Don't take away our freedom to purchase things and allow us the choice of using automated bots. While distracted by his puppet show, a lone puppet reaches into your pocket slipping a pair of They might be Hobbits tickets.
Effect: only gamers have fast enough reflexes to attend Comicon

Option 2: "Think of my kind-hearted fans who wanted a ticket" pleads Pop Star, Britney Speer ." To cater to all my fanbase I lowered the price of my tickets only to have them snatched up by corporate bigwigs and enterprising jerks! Please, @@LEADER@@, abolish the online sale of tickets. Please, think of my fans."
Effect: the ensuing traffic jam from the line of fans waiting is the worst in national history./every time a new concert comes to town @@CAPITAL@@'s working class takes public transit.

Option 3: "Why get rid of online markets" retorts TicketPricer™ employee @@RANDOMNAME@@. "Buying tickets at brick and mortar locations is difficult for the average consumer, who has to find and travel to the select location, in favour of a single click. To combat this I propose instituting a robot recognition software to prevent bots from selling out the show.
Effect: every time someone goes on WhoTube they have to solve a word puzzle (not the best)
Last edited by New Ladavia on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby USS Monitor » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:48 pm

If you'd like to reference an existing issue, you could use Britney Speer from "The Boys From Brasilistan," or Dipsy Bubbleyum from "Quickie Marriages Under Scrutiny" instead of Brittny Swords.
Don't take life so serious... it isn't permanent... RIP Dyakovo and Ashmoria
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Rkr
Secretary

Founded: Sep 12, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Rkr » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:51 pm

I like it

New Ladavia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ladavia » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:42 pm

I've changed the artist to continuous with other issues.

The Sakhalinsk Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sakhalinsk Empire » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:11 am

I'd like Option 1's speaker to have a firmer tone; Speer's to be more "whiny" and dramatic; and Option 3's speaker voice sound rather suspicious.
This is my signature. The old one was odd.

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:28 am

The Sakhalinsk Empire wrote:I'd like Option 1's speaker to have a firmer tone; Speer's to be more "whiny" and dramatic; and Option 3's speaker voice sound rather suspicious.

In her last appearance, Britney Speer was a ditz, so trying replicate that speaking style would be good. But consider that she's talking about a subject that is more personal in this issue. "Whiny and dramatic" might be what it ends up sounding like.
19th century steamships may be harmful or fatal if swallowed. In case of accidental ingestion, please seek immediate medical assistance.
༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:30 am

There are parts of Australia which have a law that dictates that you can't sell tickets for more than 10% of the purchase price. Maybe incorporate that into the issue. Also, you can't use Britney Spear's name?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

USS Monitor
Retired Moderator

Postby USS Monitor » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:22 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Also, you can't use Britney Spear's name?

Why would you? Most issues have parody versions of celebrities rather than just using the celebrity's real name. I don't know why this issue would be different.

New Ladavia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ladavia » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:35 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:There are parts of Australia which have a law that dictates that you can't sell tickets for more than 10% of the purchase price. Maybe incorporate that into the issue. Also, you can't use Britney Spear's name?
This issue is mostly about the practice of using bots rather on reselling/scalping which CWA said in the writes bloc that NoQ is doing a scalping issue so I'm trying to focus more on the buying of the tickets to avoid overlap.
Last edited by New Ladavia on Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:40 pm

Decent premise, not bad writing.

However, I have to inform you that Nation of Quebec has an issue in the staff folder on the same topic which is pretty much identical in its approach, and while it's not (in my opinion) his best draft, NoQ at not his best is still very good.

Don't let the existence of an editor-written draft stop you drafting, but just be aware that as it stands, you'd probably need to raise your game a lot on this issue for it to win a place in the game.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

New Ladavia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ladavia » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:55 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:Decent premise, not bad writing.

However, I have to inform you that Nation of Quebec has an issue in the staff folder on the same topic which is pretty much identical in its approach, and while it's not (in my opinion) his best draft, NoQ at not his best is still very good.

Don't let the existence of an editor-written draft stop you drafting, but just be aware that as it stands, you'd probably need to raise your game a lot on this issue for it to win a place in the game.

I'll try to up my game and add some character to my speakers. Having it in a staff folder makes it harder for me to best them, but It's not my place to complain about that I guess I'm now Under Pressure.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?