NATION

PASSWORD

[ACCEPTED; #1146] - Mother Knows Best

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Chan Island
Senator
 
Posts: 4415
Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chan Island » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:49 pm

I love it. I simply love it. :lol:


Baggieland wrote:In option 1, what was hard about the test? There's the possibility of some good humour here, thinking of a ridiculously difficult question about parenting.

I have an example here, unfortunately it's not about parenting, it's from the driving test in Thailand:

"If an elephant and a tank are both coming your way, which do you yield to?"

Something ridiculous like that.

If anyone is interested, the answer to the Thai driving test question is the tank. Don't ask me why.


Well, that was probably the most obvious part of it. Tanks are typically driven around by the military, and if the army is driving one around on the road, they likely have a good reason to do so. Same logic as to why you yield to police cars.
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

User avatar
Baggieland
Issues Editor
 
Posts: 3059
Founded: May 27, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Baggieland » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:52 pm

Chan Island wrote:Well, that was probably the most obvious part of it. Tanks are typically driven around by the military, and if the army is driving one around on the road, they likely have a good reason to do so. Same logic as to why you yield to police cars.


Personally, I'd yield to the elephant.

If you don't yield to the tank, you would assume the driver of the tank would see you and not wish to crush you.

Whereas an elephant is a wild animal and therefore less predictable.
Last edited by Baggieland on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep the faith, keep on boinging!

User avatar
Jutsa
Senator
 
Posts: 4709
Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Jutsa » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:53 pm

At first I thought "tank" but then I remembered that elephants are awesome and maybe lead us to Caracasus.
Here is a list containing a bunch of factbooks I created that are Got Issues? related.
>List of issue ideas
>List of missing issues/options
>List of accepted issues~
^ I know this is hardly a flashy signature, but at least I have one now.

User avatar
Sacara
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1750
Founded: May 13, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Sacara » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:02 pm

Although I feel like I just posted this, I don't particularly plan on keeping this one up for a long time. Probably a few more days until I submit -- I just need to settle on a title!
The Spacefaring Republic of Sacara,
I tend to hang out in Got Issues? a lot, with the occasional NSG comment.
Issues That I've Authored (12)

"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

User avatar
Trotterdam
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8303
Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:22 pm

Baggieland wrote:Whereas an elephant is a wild animal and therefore less predictable.
The ones you find walking down the street probably aren't.
Image

Oh, and I just found there's this...

User avatar
Chan Island
Senator
 
Posts: 4415
Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chan Island » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:45 am

Trotterdam wrote:
Baggieland wrote:Whereas an elephant is a wild animal and therefore less predictable.
The ones you find walking down the street probably aren't.
Image

Oh, and I just found there's this...


Beat me to it.
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

User avatar
Sacara
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1750
Founded: May 13, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Sacara » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:03 am

Probably keep this up until November rolls around, then I will submit it.
The Spacefaring Republic of Sacara,
I tend to hang out in Got Issues? a lot, with the occasional NSG comment.
Issues That I've Authored (12)

"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

User avatar
Sacara
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1750
Founded: May 13, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Sacara » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Thanks to everyone who helped draft this -- just submitted it.

I kept the title as "Poor Parental Performances". Hopefully that's not a dealbreaker, and if an editor picks it up, I would not be opposed to a name change. :)
The Spacefaring Republic of Sacara,
I tend to hang out in Got Issues? a lot, with the occasional NSG comment.
Issues That I've Authored (12)

"Somewhere something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

User avatar
Hediacrana
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1193
Founded: Nov 20, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Hediacrana » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Sacara wrote:Thanks to everyone who helped draft this -- just submitted it.

I kept the title as "Poor Parental Performances". Hopefully that's not a dealbreaker, and if an editor picks it up, I would not be opposed to a name change. :)


Good luck!

User avatar
Australian rePublic
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18753
Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:47 am

Good Luck!
Disclaimer: In-Character posts are NOT a reflection of the real world Australian government, any government departments, or any Australian states or territories. I have no authority over real world government decisions. This nation does not reflect my views, as I am trying to unlock banners
As a centrist, I have been called both an extreme leftist and an extreme right-winger.
From Sydney, NSW. From Greek ancestry. Orthodox Christian.
Why stylised as "rePublic"
17 Published Issues and 1 WA Resolution
Issue Ideas You Can Steal

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arranfirangia

Advertisement

Remove ads