NATION

PASSWORD

This WAS a good game but ...

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Greater Kiwi
Civilian

Founded: Jun 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

This WAS a good game but ...

Postby Greater Kiwi » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:49 pm

I was having fun with this game until my first issue with terrorism. Your formula is either flawed or deliberately tilted unfairly. After a terrorist attack the majority of peoples affected are going to be initially angry and would not result in a 33% drop in civil rights. That's just plain stupid. Its ruined my country and I have no desire to play a game that takes such a serious issue like terrorism and either by mistake or design minimizes it. You have lost my interest in playing. Fairwell.

The Black Party
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:52 pm

We've lost an important member today everyone.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.
"Revolt Against the Mod World"

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:54 pm

The Black Party wrote:We've lost an important member today everyone.

A moment of silence for those poor lost souls who didn't read the premise...

EDIT: I took a wrong turn at Albuquerque...how did I end up here?
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:54 pm

*institutes publicly funded skate parks to let kids go out and exercise*

*sees weather stat drop by another .08%*

*shrugs*
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Moved, General :arrow: Got Issues.

I really ought to lock it, but comments like ...
The Black Party wrote:We've lost an important member today everyone.

... are too much fun.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:57 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Moved, General :arrow: Got Issues.

Ooooooooh, that's how I got here. Magic.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The Pendulum Wars
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pendulum Wars » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:57 pm

Just play the game man.
Me: “Mom, can we get Warhammer 40,000?” Mom: “We have Warhammer 40,000 at home.” Warhammer 40,000 at home:

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sacara » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:59 pm

Greater Kiwi wrote:After a terrorist attack the majority of peoples affected are going to be initially angry and would not result in a 33% drop in civil rights.
Huh. I didn’t realize that the civil rights statistic was determined by how your nations might feel about a policy. It doesn’t matter whether they agree with it or not, you still took civil rights away from your citizens. How they view it is not important whatsoever.
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mzeusia
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mzeusia » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:59 pm

If you are interested in having the Mzeusian Library write something for your nation, click here!

Pro: volone is an Italian cheese made from cow's milk.
Anti: gua is one of the 2 major islands that make up the Caribbean nation of Antigua and Barbuda. I wonder what the other island is?

United Imperial Systems
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Imperial Systems » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Leaving NS for such a reason is downright silly.
You do know that you are not forced to follow NS stats, right...?
DEFCON-1-2-3-[4]-5
I don't give a fluppy [REDACTED] about NS stats!
Class T3 Civilization
A 3.6 type civilization, according to this index.
-------
Independent Carolina wrote:They got space ninja assassins with teleportation and freakin' light sabers man.
Would not fuck with them/10

Me!

The Official name is "The Universal Federation", thanks for paying attention! <3

The Black Party
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Black Party » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:06 pm

Can we please have a moment of silence for our fallen angel?

Y'all need to show some respect.

Funeral Procession
To honour and pay tribute to the life of Greater Kiwi, and to express our love and admiration for him/her.

Also to try to bring some comfort to those of his/her family and friends who are here and have been deeply hurt by his/her sudden death.

Greater Kiwi wasn't a particularly religious person, so it's befitting that his/her funeral ceremony should reflect what he/she was, ...... a gentle, .....kind, ......loving person; devoted to his/her family

Greater Kiwi wasn't a particularly religious person but it was thought that his/her funeral service should include some form of religious content and prayers.

Its only natural that we should be sad today, because in a practical sense, Greater Kiwi is no longer a part of our lives, "we must die, we know" said a character in Shakespeare, " tis but the time and drawing days out that men stand upon", and so we all come to ponder the life and death of a truly wonderful/lovely man/lady aged 67; with confused and mixed feelings.
For we have a powerful sense of loss; combined with a recognition that; if death must come, its as well that its not unduly prolonged, we don't want to see someone we love suffer, so this sorrow; and our sense of the fitness of things; don't sit easily together, one purpose of our proceedings here today; is in some way to try to reconcile those feelings.

Today is also a day for memories, today will be remembered for many reasons, but mainly I hope it will be remembered by you all; as a very special day, a special day in which you shared some time with others; in order to pay your last respects; and to say both mentally and physically; a sad and fond farewell to a wonderful/lovely man/lady, ....a man/lady whom we were all so very privileged to have known.

Maya Angelou recently wrote;
When I think of death, and of late the idea has come with alarming frequency, I seem at peace with the idea that a day will dawn when I will no longer be among those living in this valley of strange humors.
I can accept the idea of my own demise, but I am unable to accept the death of anyone else. I find it impossible to let a friend or relative go into that country of no return. Disbelief becomes my close companion, and anger often follows in its wake. I answer the heroic question 'Death, where is thy sting?' with ' it is here in my heart and mind and memories.'

We have come together from different places, and we are all at different stages on our journey through life.
Our paths are varied and we look at life in different ways.
But there is one thing we all have in common, at one point or another, and to some degree or other, our lives have touched the life of Greater Kiwi.

We are here this morning/afternoon in order to pay our last respects and bid a sad but fond farewell to Greater Kiwi, we are here also, so that in our own way we can celebrate, honour and pay tribute to his/her life, and in doing so we express our sincere love and admiration for him/her.

And so this morning/afternoon we've put aside our usual daily activities for a while, and gathered here to give expression to the thoughts and feelings that well up in us at this time of loss.
And also because in one-way or another, Greater Kiwi's death affects us all.

Amen.
Don't talk to Moderators.
Don't associate with Moderators.
Don't trust Moderators.
Moderators Lie.
"Revolt Against the Mod World"

The Democratic Nation of Unovia
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Democratic Nation of Unovia » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:09 pm

Greater Kiwi wrote:I was having fun with this game until my first issue with terrorism. Your formula is either flawed or deliberately tilted unfairly. After a terrorist attack the majority of peoples affected are going to be initially angry and would not result in a 33% drop in civil rights. That's just plain stupid. Its ruined my country and I have no desire to play a game that takes such a serious issue like terrorism and either by mistake or design minimizes it. You have lost my interest in playing. Fairwell.

There are many ways to eventually correct the mistake over time.
Minister of Operations of New World Union! TG me for Regional Information!
As a Map Maker, I help many Regions Current Region assisting: NextGen Roleplay.
If you want my assistance with Real World Maps, please TG me.
Loyal to New World Union

Gospel Power
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Gospel Power » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Farewell then, you can always come back if you want to, but for now, here is a tribute for you:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=12iorWj83P0

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:03 pm

How to get volunteers in a smallish community to listen to you:
A. Nicely point out that you think there's a mistake, try to discuss with those who are more knowledgeable about the subject, and try to figure out a solution which pleases everyone
B. Nicly ask how you ended up in that situation and listen to advice. Who knows, there might be an error
C. Use your search engine of choice to look up the definition of the word "error" whilst appreciating that coding is a difficult discipline
D. Be a ten day old member with neither knowledge nor experience of how the game works, chuck a hissy-fit and imply that everyone's an idiot and/or heartless dickhead

The correct answer is "D", moron

If you legitimately believe that there is a mistake, you can post it here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=424650
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:44 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:How to get volunteers in a smallish community to listen to you:
A. Nicely point out that you think there's a mistake, try to discuss with those who are more knowledgeable about the subject, and try to figure out a solution which pleases everyone
B. Nicly ask how you ended up in that situation and listen to advice. Who knows, there might be an error
C. Use your search engine of choice to look up the definition of the word "error" whilst appreciating that coding is a difficult discipline
D. Be a ten day old member with neither knowledge nor experience of how the game works, chuck a hissy-fit and imply that everyone's an idiot and/or heartless dickhead

The correct answer is "D", moron

If you legitimately believe that there is a mistake, you can post it here:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=424650

"Moron"? Seriously?

*** Warned for flaming. ***
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

New Excalibus
Ambassador

Founded: May 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Excalibus » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Aren't you overreacting a bit? Just because you didn't get what you expected doesn't give you much of a reason to just ragequit.
✦ excal ✦
complicated signatures are for the weak.

Gandoor
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 23, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gandoor » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:49 pm

I mean this game is specifically designed to be satirical but OK.
OOC - Call me Viola
IC Flag|Gandoor Wiki|Q&A|National Currency Database
Reminder that true left-wing politics are incompatible with imperialism, authoritarianism, totalitarianism, and dictatorship in all forms.
Flag is currently a Cinderace.
I'm transfeminine non-binary (but I don't mind or care if you refer to me as a woman).
She/They
27 years old
OOC Info
Twitter: @Sailor_Viola
Steam: Princess Viola
Mastodon: @princessviola@retro.pizza
TGs are welcome

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:52 pm

Greater Kiwi wrote:I was having fun with this game until my first issue with terrorism. Your formula is either flawed or deliberately tilted unfairly. After a terrorist attack the majority of peoples affected are going to be initially angry and would not result in a 33% drop in civil rights. That's just plain stupid. Its ruined my country and I have no desire to play a game that takes such a serious issue like terrorism and either by mistake or design minimizes it. You have lost my interest in playing. Fairwell.

This is truly a tragedy folks. How will we ever cope with such an influential, well known, well liked player leaving? Let us have a moment of silence.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

-United Republic of Freedonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby -United Republic of Freedonia » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:57 pm

these days i couldn't care less about issues, i barely anwser them, but not because of the reasons that OP (*sniff*) is pointing out.
The United Republic of Freedonia:
"I respect three things: Strength, Justice,America and Lasagna."
-Garfield

Join The Labyrinth, i'm not there anymore but they are cool, so check them out at least
i'm rebooting this shit, we are in Venus now
just a friend of vaspelia, really
>wO

Jebslund
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Jebslund » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:44 pm

The Black Party wrote:Can we please have a moment of silence for our fallen angel?

Y'all need to show some respect.

Funeral Procession
To honour and pay tribute to the life of Greater Kiwi, and to express our love and admiration for him/her.

Also to try to bring some comfort to those of his/her family and friends who are here and have been deeply hurt by his/her sudden death.

Greater Kiwi wasn't a particularly religious person, so it's befitting that his/her funeral ceremony should reflect what he/she was, ...... a gentle, .....kind, ......loving person; devoted to his/her family

Greater Kiwi wasn't a particularly religious person but it was thought that his/her funeral service should include some form of religious content and prayers.

Its only natural that we should be sad today, because in a practical sense, Greater Kiwi is no longer a part of our lives, "we must die, we know" said a character in Shakespeare, " tis but the time and drawing days out that men stand upon", and so we all come to ponder the life and death of a truly wonderful/lovely man/lady aged 67; with confused and mixed feelings.
For we have a powerful sense of loss; combined with a recognition that; if death must come, its as well that its not unduly prolonged, we don't want to see someone we love suffer, so this sorrow; and our sense of the fitness of things; don't sit easily together, one purpose of our proceedings here today; is in some way to try to reconcile those feelings.

Today is also a day for memories, today will be remembered for many reasons, but mainly I hope it will be remembered by you all; as a very special day, a special day in which you shared some time with others; in order to pay your last respects; and to say both mentally and physically; a sad and fond farewell to a wonderful/lovely man/lady, ....a man/lady whom we were all so very privileged to have known.

Maya Angelou recently wrote;
When I think of death, and of late the idea has come with alarming frequency, I seem at peace with the idea that a day will dawn when I will no longer be among those living in this valley of strange humors.
I can accept the idea of my own demise, but I am unable to accept the death of anyone else. I find it impossible to let a friend or relative go into that country of no return. Disbelief becomes my close companion, and anger often follows in its wake. I answer the heroic question 'Death, where is thy sting?' with ' it is here in my heart and mind and memories.'

We have come together from different places, and we are all at different stages on our journey through life.
Our paths are varied and we look at life in different ways.
But there is one thing we all have in common, at one point or another, and to some degree or other, our lives have touched the life of Greater Kiwi.

We are here this morning/afternoon in order to pay our last respects and bid a sad but fond farewell to Greater Kiwi, we are here also, so that in our own way we can celebrate, honour and pay tribute to his/her life, and in doing so we express our sincere love and admiration for him/her.

And so this morning/afternoon we've put aside our usual daily activities for a while, and gathered here to give expression to the thoughts and feelings that well up in us at this time of loss.
And also because in one-way or another, Greater Kiwi's death affects us all.

Amen.

*presses F to pay respects*

Am I doin it rite?
Jebslund is a nation of kerbals ruled by Emperor Jebediah Kerman. We reject tyranny, believing that rights should be protected, though we also believe said rights end where the rights of others begin.
Shockingly, we *do* use NS stats, with the exception of lifespan.
Singular sapient: Jebslunder
Plural Sapient: Jebslunden
Singular/Plural nonsapient: Kermanic
Note: When a verb can logically only be done by the sapient using/piloting/holding the object in question, then the appropriate demonym for the number of sapients is used.

Capitalism, Socialism, and Communism are ECONOMIC SYSTEMS. Stop conflating them with political systems.

Bhembwol
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Bhembwol » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Don't leave the game, just make several thousand puppet nations to try out the effects of every. single. issue. until you get the effect you want.
>-----| The Republic of Bhembwol |-----<
Communist One-Party-State transitioning to a Democracy
Main Export: Sea Salt
Current Leader: Chairman Yencò
Population: 116,451,234
Military size: 352,883
Translate to Bhembwole | Bhemwole Pronunciation | Buy Bhembwole Gourmét Salt
High Schooler
Bisexual
Guitarist
Minarchist/Mutualist
Pro: Small Government, restricting trade with China, Gay marriage, drug legalization
Anti: High taxes, abortion, gun restrictions,

(BHE)BECEGN: BPP BHAN EN BHELATION WAGA#130 A2S4, A3S7 ENBWOT |(ENG) BREAKING: BPP FOUND IN VIOLATION OF WAGA#130 A2S4, A3S7 INVOKED
A 19.5 civilization, according to this index.

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:26 pm

The only recent decision that matches that description is #592/option 2. Here's the option:
“With that haircut, I’m surprised YOU aren’t the one we’re condemning,” jokes fellow panellist @@RANDOMNAME@@, to thunderous audience applause. “In all seriousness though, it’s not right that we’re playing right into this terrorist’s hands, spreading his message of hate and making him a celebrity. People died, man! We should have an enforced code of conduct, asking the media to be responsible in reporting. After all, publicising an agenda of hate is the same as promoting it. Consign these killers and their whack-job thoughts to the oblivion of history where they belong.”

It's a pro-censorship option which would naturally affect both political and civil liberties. You are mis-quoting the effect though. It dropped your civil rights from 64.33 → 62.00, a 3.6% drop not 33%.

Berhakonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Berhakonia » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:32 pm

Mods need to lock this thread

It's pointless and shouldn't have lasted this long
A Confederation of Clans in Fealty to the Imperial Throne of Gobul
"There are foolish leaders who believe their subjects as lessers to be subjugated, and there are wise leaders who understand that they are their subjects are one in the same."
-Asrau Arslan XIV Jangpavalgan
Brotherhood, Tradition, Charity

Swiabar
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Swiabar » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:33 pm

F

Berhakonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Berhakonia » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:34 pm

Swiabar wrote:F

Wakanda forever
A Confederation of Clans in Fealty to the Imperial Throne of Gobul
"There are foolish leaders who believe their subjects as lessers to be subjugated, and there are wise leaders who understand that they are their subjects are one in the same."
-Asrau Arslan XIV Jangpavalgan
Brotherhood, Tradition, Charity

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?