NATION

PASSWORD

[ACCEPTED; #1050] - Criminal Guns Soon to Be Shooting Blanks

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:46 pm

Petty points.

proceed with the procedure

Sounds a bit too proceed-y. Maybe say something like "go through with the procedure?"

rebuts @@RANDOMMALENAME@@

"Rebuts" sounds a bit biased. I mean, the verb is defined to mean "to claim or prove that (evidence or an accusation) is false." If Option 2 indubitably falsifies the guy in Option 1, we need not discuss it further, do we?

Maybe say something like he "retorts" or "rejoins."

a former inmate who now is a prominent masseur

Is there a specific reason why the speaker here is a masseur?

else wise

elsewise
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

Sacara
Ambassador

Founded: May 13, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Sacara » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Frieden-und Freudenland wrote:Petty points.
Thanks! Implemented. Also on last call.
The Spacefaring Federation of Sacara
I spend most of my time in the Got Issues? sub-forum.
Issues That I've Authored (15)
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Hediacrana
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hediacrana » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:12 am

If, in the last option, prisoners lose the right to eat, is that meant to convey that this option in effect introduces the death penalty through starvation? This may be well what you intend, given the speaker's obvious extremism; but if so, maybe make it a little more clear that that is what will happen, because while the text suggests it, I believe it's the kind of thing that not every reader will pick up on, so they might be surprised by the outcome.

That aside, I believe this issue looks good to go. :)
'If you're not anti-war, then you're not fiscally conservative, and you're certainly not pro-life.'
Parent, spouse, leftist Christian and suspected witch.
She/her.

Sacara
Ambassador

Postby Sacara » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:03 pm

Hediacrana wrote:If, in the last option, prisoners lose the right to eat, is that meant to convey that this option in effect introduces the death penalty through starvation? This may be well what you intend, given the speaker's obvious extremism; but if so, maybe make it a little more clear that that is what will happen, because while the text suggests it, I believe it's the kind of thing that not every reader will pick up on, so they might be surprised by the outcome.

That aside, I believe this issue looks good to go. :)

I changed it to "decent" food to get rid of that risk.
Commended by SC #382
"Our Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you" - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Sacara
Ambassador

Postby Sacara » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:54 pm

I will hold off on submitting this for now.
Commended by SC #382

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:40 pm

Sacara wrote:I will hold off on submitting this for now.

....OR, if you're at that point when you're announcing your last calls, you could just... copy the draft....and then head on over to the issue submissions page, and then paste. Trust me, miracles happen then. ;)
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Sacara
Ambassador

Postby Sacara » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:05 am

Chan Island wrote:....OR, if you're at that point when you're announcing your last calls, you could just... copy the draft....and then head on over to the issue submissions page, and then paste. Trust me, miracles happen then. ;)
It's now submitted.

Thanks once again to everyone who helped me!
Commended by SC #382

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:39 pm

Good Luck
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Sacara
Ambassador

Postby Sacara » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:06 pm

Thanks to everyone that helped this draft. This has been accepted as #1050: Criminal Guns Soon to Be Shooting Blanks.
Commended by SC #382

Hediacrana
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hediacrana » Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Sacara wrote:Thanks to everyone that helped this draft. This has been accepted as #1050: Criminal Guns Soon to Be Shooting Blanks.

Yay! Congrats Sacara. It's a good one and I'm looking forward to answering it. :)
'If you're not anti-war, then you're not fiscally conservative, and you're certainly not pro-life.'
Parent, spouse, leftist Christian and suspected witch.
She/her.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?