NATION

PASSWORD

(DRAFT) @@NOUN@@ Idiot!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Likar
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

(DRAFT) @@NOUN@@ Idiot!

Postby Likar » Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:26 pm

requirements: Must have a state media.

context: Popular group "Blue Day" have released a song called "@@NOUN@@ Idiot!", which insults the media and how it is State-Run and propaganda filled. This has sparked public outcry, calling for the end of state run media. A group of Protesters and Ministers now await you.

Option 1: "We have to stop them!" screams your Minister of the Media. "We have to shut there band down, and banned all bands that don't glorify the government!".
Fallout: Every song must have the line "Long Live The State", or the musician could be arrested for "treason".

Option 2: "Hey, calm down! Why don't we simply relax the restrictions, and everyone is okay!" says internet user "BobTheKabob" while trying to calm down his comment section. "Simply allow the song to go out, but make companies that have disloyal material pay a small fee."
Fallout: Only Pro-Government muscians can stay afloat.

Option 3: "I am so darn angry about these teenagers these days.." Mumbles your grandmother. "Why dont we simply ban music in all, and only let classical music stay..."
Fallout: Playing classical music loudly makes you a "rebel".
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Muslim and proud!
Your Local Dank Meme Lordâ„¢
Classical(ish) Liberal
Seriously, why are you looking at this.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:37 am

Solid writing here, but asking whether anti-government music needs to be censored feels done already, going back as far as issue 42, but also similarly covered to some degree in 181. Neither is an exact match, but feels close enough to make this premise feel redundant.
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Frieden-und Freudenland
Minister

Founded: Jul 30, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frieden-und Freudenland » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:41 am

To follow up on what CWA said, I hate to see you waste your time by working on drafts that have an overlap with existing issues. :(

Because you really have the potential to be a good issues writer, Likar!

May I suggest that you first go to The Writer's Block in the Got Issues? forum and briefly describe your issue idea before attempting a draft, so members of the community can warn you about potential overlaps beforehand? So you could only proceed to work on issues that are not in the game, and it would save time.
Last edited by Frieden-und Freudenland on Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I write, I don't have an accent.

My issues

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
~Walt Whitman

Return to Got Issues?