NATION

PASSWORD

[ON HOLD] Home on the Open Range

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:21 pm

I'm considering a thorough re-write of this issue this weekend. Added in Chan's validity suggestions right now, but this draft still doesn't seem to have hit the sweet spot.
Issues Authored
Want to Write an Issue? Start Here.
Song of the Day. (Periodically changed)

Do More with the Thalmor: All profits go to the Eradication of Talos Worship

Chan Island
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chan Island » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:55 pm

Altmer Dominion wrote:I'm considering a thorough re-write of this issue this weekend. Added in Chan's validity suggestions right now, but this draft still doesn't seem to have hit the sweet spot.

It hasn't hit the sweet spot because it still has not addressed the elephant in the room; fences. It's neither an option nor do any of the options, nor the description, mention why fences (or walls or hedges for that matter) are not possible.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=513597&p=39401766#p39401766
Conserative Morality wrote:"It's not time yet" is a tactic used by reactionaries in every era. "It's not time for democracy, it's not time for capitalism, it's not time for emancipation." Of course it's not time. It's never time, not on its own. You make it time. If you're under fire in the no-man's land of WW1, you start digging a foxhole even if the ideal time would be when you *aren't* being bombarded, because once you wait for it to be 'time', other situations will need your attention, assuming you survive that long. If the fields aren't furrowed, plow them. If the iron is not hot, make it so. If society is not ready, change it.

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Hopefully, draft 3 addressed the fence issue a bit more. Largest changes again occurred with Option 2.
Issues Authored

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:15 pm

Well this certainly answers the previous question, however, this now raises one of two questions:
1. Which moron subdivides land to run through a highway
2. Which moron designs a highway that runs right through the middle of a farm, with unless there's enimate domain. Either way, the moron urban planner is at fault here
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:42 pm

Australian rePublic wrote:Well this certainly answers the previous question, however, this now raises one of two questions:
1. Which moron subdivides land to run through a highway
2. Which moron designs a highway that runs right through the middle of a farm, with unless there's enimate domain. Either way, the moron urban planner is at fault here

#2 would be the correct answer, but using the term 'a farm' is connotatively underselling the size of many ranches. It's not a compact piece of land with a lovely barn and house. The expansive nature of the 'range' is a factor in the continued tolerance of this policy throughout the West. The casual driver is not even guaranteed to see animals; they might be more 'inland' from the road's perspective, for example. States and the Feds still build roads through these areas because, when not being directly grazed on, they're really, really empty.
Issues Authored

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:40 pm

I'm starting to have doubts about this premise, mostly due to the realization this is very American West-centric. Despite being a common occurrence and policy quandary 'round these parts, the situation comes across just foreign enough not to make logical sense to other readers. In a way, that's an indictment of the situation IRL, but definitely puts this draft in a bind.
Issues Authored

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Altmer Dominion wrote:I'm starting to have doubts about this premise, mostly due to the realization this is very American West-centric. Despite being a common occurrence and policy quandary 'round these parts, the situation comes across just foreign enough not to make logical sense to other readers. In a way, that's an indictment of the situation IRL, but definitely puts this draft in a bind.
Like I said, come at it from the other direction. Instead of assuming that this American West-centric situation is already the case, start out by presenting a more logical problem, and then offer the American West approach as one possible solution.

Altmer Dominion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altmer Dominion » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:35 pm

Putting this one on ice for a little while. Having trouble approaching it from a different angle, though I'll think of something eventually. Right now, planning on devoting my time to other upcoming drafts.
Issues Authored

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?